proud

The Byun Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun is not numb not to sense some  going on.

Releasing a tired sigh even if it's just early in the morning, he nudged the girl walking with him. "What?" Seulbi spatted at him without even looking. 

"Where is Baekhyun-hyung?" 

He saw her stiffen a bit as he watch her back. Sehun pursed his lips into a thin line. She had known Seulbi since childhood because they're cousins even though they just see each other frequently. He's just wondering why he wasn't walking with them these past days.

Even if he just saw him after many years, he had known Baekhyun but that was when they were just before adolecence hit them up, since he migrated with his mother—turns out they went to Seoul. 

Come to think of it... he haven't seen Mrs. Byun since he arrived. Remembering Baekhyun's mom's sweet treats to them, he suddenly felt nostalgic. So with his curiosity driving him, he nudged Seulbi once again. "Where is Aunt Baekhee all this time?"

Hearing a strange name, he shot him a look of confusion. "Who's Aunt Baekhee?"

This time, Sehun gave her a judging look. "You're his girlfriend and you don't know?"

Upon hearing this, she stopped walking and gawked at him with red face. "W-What are you saying? Whose girlfriend?!"

Of course, Sehun also halted but now with raised brows. "Seriously, you don't know?"

She gave him a deadpan sarcastic look before rolling her eyes and continuing to walk. "I know; that's why I was asking you, right?" Even if she said those, she has a guess whom he's talking about since her name sounds like his. Nevertheless, it's true that she doesn't know who the person is anyway.

He just snorted at her sour mood and followed her. "Aunt Baekhee is Baek-hyung's mom. Since he's your neighbor, you must have seen her—"

"He's living alone."

Sehun furrowed his brows upon hearing her meek voice, drowned by other students since they had already arrived upon the school gates. "What?" He said back, but more to himself. "Where is she?"

Sehun's question was no longer answered as it was masked by the ringing  school bell, indicating the start of classes.

He was about to ask again but Seulbi had beat him to it, giving him a sad smile as she hold his arm to pull him inside the building. Seems like Seulbi still heard him against the noise. "I don't know who Aunt Baekhee is, but don't ever ask him about her."

He's still confused with what she just said and how she reacted, but he just let her drag him to their room.

Both oblivious of a pair of narrow eyes watching them with disgust.

* * * * *

Upon hearing another sigh, Minseok set his camera down and look at his company. "Is something wrong?"

Seulbi seems taken aback with what he said and made herself look attentive, giving him a smile—a fake smile, rather. "N-No," she even waved her hands after setting the camera she was holding on her lap to dismiss the idea, "nothing's wrong."

Minseok smiled back at her—a unconvinced smile—and leaned his arms backwards, on the bleachers they are sitting on. Before them are people posting some tarpaulins and decorations for the upcoming sports event. This time, they were snapping pictures of the event's preparation. Minseok averted his eyes to them and released his own sigh. Seulbi just pursed her lips to prevent another sigh escaping her lips and watched the men before them, too. 

Silence engulfed them—until Minseok decided to break the ice.

"You're not very good at lying, y'know."

Upon hearing this, Seulbi bit her lip and looked down, gazing at the school camera she has been using. She knows that fact, and she somewhat feels bad that he still have to notice that. 

Not hearing a reply, Minseok looked at her and saw her expression. "You can always talk to me if there's something bothering you."

Still dawned at her own thoughts, Seulbi's still mute. So he added, "Okay?" as he take her right hand, surprising Seulbi.

Not giving any malice, she meekly smiled back but quickly averted her gaze down again. "Okay."

Realizing what he just did, Minseok cleared his throat and took his hand off her. He himself was surprised by what he did. And as if on cue, a ball went their way, ending up on their feet.

This had actually happened before.

Seulbi stiffened after seeing the so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter