everything

The Byun Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Are you still waiting for me? I'm sorry but something came up and I think I wouldn't make it. Maybe next time? :)

She let out a bitter laugh after seeing her phone. Well, who is she to complain?

Seulbi has been standing there for almost 10 minutes when Minseok's message came. He just stood up on their supposed to be 'tutorial'. She blamed herself from being too giddy earlier, because too much happiness could cause distress later on. So far, this day . Ah, tragic.

"What are you still doing here?"

She slowly looked up to see Baekhyun, his face dim because the sun just set. His friends passed over them and she even heard some snicker, but she's not in the mood to give them a polite smile. "Ah, Minseok-ssi told me to wait here but," and she held her phone up, "something came up,"

That statement was then followed by a frown and a pregnant silence. It was awkward and deep inside, they had questions they wanna ask to each other.

Why do you have to wait for him?

Why did you approach me?

"Remember what I said last week?"

"Huh?" She got her reverie back when he spoke.

Baekhyun took her arm and pulled her out of the school, suddenly a grin plastered on his face, "We're still supposed to eat those pancakes from the stall,"

Seulbi didn't have the chance to protest as he drag her, thinking that she should get used to these two sides of Baekhyun; the friendly Baekhyun when school's over, and the snob Baekhyun during school hours. "Okay then," she answered, unsure if he even heard her. And of course, he didn't fail again to lift the corners of unconsciously. 

Yep, she can deal with this kind of Baekhyun.

"Who is that with Baekhyun-oppa?"

Soojung was nudged by her friend but that was really unnecessary because she had been watching the scene since the start. She and her friends were just behind Baekhyun's group when she stopped on her tracks when he approached her. She's very conscious of the frown on her face, watching Baekhyun hold Seulbi's arm out of the gates.

"She's just someone unimportant,"

Maybe, Soojung needs to tear her good girl act next week; specially now that it seems like it's not only her who's threatened, but also her sister. 

* * * * * 

Minseok hugged back, like what he's supposed to do. He pulled off and held her on her shoulders, "You should have just waited for me outside,"

Sooyoun pouted, "But I wanted to see you sooner," 

Minseok just nodded with a small smile on his face, "But I have something important to do now,"

"More important than me?"

Minseok heaved out a sigh. These past weeks, she started acting very clingy, specially when the new school year started. Shouldn't she's been busy with university? She should focus more on her studies now that she's already in college. Plus, he feels so suffocated.

He needs to tell her everything. Plus her sister. God, sometimes he just wants to slam his head on anything concrete because she makes a fuss on anything her sister says to her, specially when they had a new female club member. She's jealous over everything, plus Soojung's daily reports on her that usually lead to late night fights over the phone. Sometimes, he feels like confronting Soojung but he doesn't want to make the issue bigger.

It was more like he's dating a tyrant, not the noona he liked because of such good qualities.

Knowing that she'll probably throw a fit if he answers her yes, specially that Seulbi is involved, he asked her instead, "Where do you want to go?"

His girlfriend's eyes spark and mumbled places she had in her mind, but Minseok's attention has been on his phone, typing a message for Seulbi.

Are you still waiting for me? I'm sorry but something came up and I think I wouldn't make it. 

Minseok heaved out a sigh, somewhat identical to regret. And then he added; Maybe next time? :)

They're already out of the building but Seulbi still haven't texted back and was about to call her when Sooyoun tugged him. 

"Isn't this Baekhyun?"

She showed him her phone, a picture of Baekhyun grinning widely with a girl munching something beside him. And seems like the girl doesn't know that she had been taken picture of. 

ohseulbi food trip part 2!! ✨😉

But it was posted by the girl's account. 

He should have been relieved to know that she has been not waiting for him anymore, that she's now busy eating with Baekhyun that's why she had no chance to type a response to him. But he isn't.

"Why is she with him? Tch, Soojung's prettier anyway,"

Minseok furrowed his brows on Sooyoun's statement, stopping on his tracks. "You kn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter