sealed

The Byun Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun found himself opening his mouth, waiting for the words to come out, but his tongue betrayed him-because he doesn't know what to say to be honest. 

It was just overwhelming.

He didn't grow ecstatic as what Seulbi expected, and that quite alarmed her. She was about to say something when he suddenly stood up, the screeching chair feet surprising her. The next second, he's already sitting beside her, facing her.

Then, he pulled her into an embrace—not failing to send the warmth she had grown to love, feeling so much warmer and welcoming. Now, she noticed, they were embracing frequently.

"Thank you, Seulbi," she heard him murmur on her neck, "Thank you for always being there for me."

"Baekhyun..."

"Thank you for liking me back."

That, she pulled off him and stared right into his eyes. "What are you saying?" And she brought her hand up to take some of his fringe off his face. She doesn't know where she got the courage to do so, but maybe it was because he looks so soft at the moment. "You deserve to be loved," she said, looking back to his eyes, "And you should never thank anyone for giving you what you deserved, for you had already given too much for the people around you."

Baekhyun smiled softly on what she had said, and Seulbi could just mirror it. 

—Also how he trailed his gaze downwards, then back to his eyes, as if asking for permission. Seulbi gulped, her hand now resting on one of his cheeks. She was anticipating but she could still feel herself sweat cold. 

The moment Seulbi closed her eyes, he took it as a yes-and Baekhyun couldn't stop grinning because of that. That's the biggest confirmation that she really likes him, too. So, not wanting to waste another second further, he closed his eyes too and leaned forward.

It wasn't their first, but the softness on his lips brought electricity to their nerves.

The ramyun all turned soggy and cold, but Seulbi and Baekhyun couldn't care less—for what they're tasting right now is way more exceptional than noodle soup. 

It was just an innocent contact, yet it made Seulbi sleepless the whole night. 

She tossed and turned, unable to take the sensation out of her mind. Unconsciously touching her lips, she staring at the ceiling as she reminisce what happened earlier. 

They're mutual agreement has been spoken out, sealed with their lips as if binding a truce, finally.

* * * * *

Sehun narrows his eyes on Seulbi.

They're now eating breakfast and Seulbi radiates this certain aura he can't name. Something is definitely weird, but he can't point it out. It was like every bit of her cell has its own rays like the sun and it's annoying the hell out of him, or his curiosity, rather.

And he almost snorted when his hypothesis was supported by a Baekhyun waiting by their gates that morning.

Baekhyun looks extra anticipating, as what he had observed, and what the heck? Did his eyes just twinkle when Seulbi got out after him? 

Sehun doesn't know but he felt chills run into his spine upon seeing it. It was no secret for him that the two has something going on, because they're damn obvious even if his cousin won't share a word. It wasn't like he's being salty for Seulbi not telling it to him but his concern is Seulbi getting in a relationship. He's not sure if they're just really keeping it as a secret or they're just not in that stage yet, but he's sure she knows her mom asked him to look after her, even if he won't tell her. 

Sehun almost rolled his eyes when Seulbi looked shy for a second, as if it was her first time seeing Baekhyun. The last straw is when the two won't stop repressing their smiles while in front of him amidst the quiet walk. Damn, Sehun was this close to pulling his hair out but he resorted to walking past them, leaving them behind. But it wasn't before dropping some words like, "Just hold her hand, goddammit."

Seulbi unconsciously brought her hand that has been brushing with Baekhyun's to her chest, eyes wide at Sehun's back who just walked ahead, at least ten feet from them.

Are we that obvious? Seulbi grew alarmed, and her anxiousness was doubled when she felt someone take her hand back into her side, enveloping it into his own. Baekhyun didn't even hide his chuckle upon seeing Seulbi's crimson face with wide eyes. "Your cousin's right, though," he gestured to their intertwined hands, "I should've done this since earlier."

Since when did he be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter