practice

The Byun Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

nsrljuim11 liked your photo.

What a great way to start her day.

"What kind of face is that?"

Her smile disappeared and frowned at him instead. Seulbi's having a great morning at the moment and Baekhyun had so many things to do besides insulting her but look at fate being cute. "Good morning to you too, Baekhyun-ssi," she sarcastically replied and went over their gate and closed it after her. Baekhyun just smirked and his heels towards the same direction as hers. 

After the umbrella incident, she had always walked beside him to school but she still makes sure they had this estimated space between them. Yes, they walk side by side, but the conversations are still limited. Sometimes, mere mentions of homeworks were discussed but most of the time, only yes and no were exchanged to each other.

"Do you really like taking pictures?" 

How did he know? Seulbi hesitated before opening up. "Yes...?"

"So that's why..."

"Huh?" What is he talking about?

"You were always with that pretty guy and Minseok-hyung."

Ah. "Yeah..."

Awkward silence filled the air once again until they reach their destination. But before they laid their feet on the school grounds, Baekhyun halted on his steps and broke the silence. 

He turned his face to her. "Are you also this mute when you're with them?"

What? She doesn't know if she should be offended by that. Even before Seulbi could even give a comeback, he already proceeded to their building, leaving her hanging on what's up with her.

* * * * *

Luhan gave the camera to Seulbi, which she gladly accepted. It was just an identical one like Minseok's, but with the small sticker with the school name and seal. 

Finally, their first ever club activity for the school year. 

Minseok tapped on the board behind him and everyone turned their attention to him. Seulbi can't help but feel excited. 

"We all know that the Sports Festival is just around the corner and we are responsible on capturing great moments during the said event," Minseok said. Seulbi scanned her co-members, who are also around the table, flash some excitement on their faces. "Every single one of you will be assigned to a certain sport to see and capture how they practice for the competition."

"Let me get soccer this time, please," she heard her seatmate mumble. "You like soccer?" Seulbi tried starting a conversation and the said girl, whose name is Nari if she's not mistaken, gave her a smile. It might be better if she iniatiated because her classmates seem to only know her as 'the girl who Baekhyun knows'.

"I like the players," and Nari chuckled with her statement. Seulbi recalled that the soccer players were consumed of Baekhyun and his friends. "Baekhyun and his friends?" She asked for confirmation. "Yes, but I like Kai the most." Nari said with confidence.

Seulbi wondered how can she say that proudly with everybody in the room almost hearing her. But who is 'Kai' there?

"Here we go again," Luhan said boredly, as if she had said that she likes Kai for the hundred times already, opposite of them on the table. Nari's expression turned sour and rolled her eyes. Seulbi just chuckled on their faces.

Until the dreaded question come up again for the nth time.

"Baekhyun knows you, right?"

A timid smile replaced her chuckle. "He's just my neighbor..."

Nari rounded her eyes. "Really? Wow. You're so lucky." Seulbi wanted to scoff but that would be rude. Nari is from the Class B that's why she haven't seen how her new classmates ask her that a week ago and came up with the same expression. Then after that, they ignored her again. Of course, except Luhan and Minseok. 

"But be careful."

Seulbi furrowed her brows with Nari's statement. "What do you mean?"

Nari leaned closer and lowered her voice's volume. "Many girls are into Baekhyun..." Of course, Seulbi knows that, "...but there's this one girl who really claims Baekhyun." Nari said seriously. Who?

"Pass the bowl and pick up a paper," Minseok interrupted them and passed a fish bowl to the one nearest to him until it reached her. She took one and didn't unfold it at the moment. Seulbi glanced at Nari to ask further but it seems like the topic was already dropped as she whined. "Archery? Why?" Nari slumped on the table and mumbled something like but Jiwon is there, something like that. And she saw how the other members with picking the Archery. Seulbi can't help but smile.

"What the heck," Luhan muttered as he held his unfolded paper and everyone turned unto him. "Why are there two Archery?" Upon hearing that, Nari immediately shot her head up. "What?!"

"I really put two Archery because I want someone to focus on the player and the other one on the target, even before the arrow hits it."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter