finally

The Byun Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey," Luhan huffs air to his bangs as he pull his arm from Seulbi's hold. "Are you in a hurry?"

Seulbi gave him a sorry look, "I'm just really hungry..." She mumbled on their way to the cafeteria, again.

"Didn't you eat breakfast?" Luhan joked, as if she will not though. But his playful smile was replaced with a frown when he noticed how guilty she looks at the mean time. "You didn't? Wow that's news flash—ow!" Seulbi hit his arm to stop his teasing. "It's not like I'm a glutton!"

"I didn't say that though," Luhan chuckled as he massaged his left arm. The girl just gave him a glare.

As usual, they lined up, glad that the line to the food is not that long. Seulbi released a relieved sigh. Thank God we're early.

"Are you thinking about Minseok?"

Seulbi glared at Luhan again that he just responded with a teasing smile. It was very obvious that he's not oblivious, but it doesn't mean Seulbi confirmed anything. "Don't worry," Luhan ruffled her hair, "He'll get well soon."

Yesterday, Luhan finally came to school, having both good and bad news. His good news is that the reason why he was absent last Monday is that he was scouted by some entertainment agency. At first, Seulbi won't believe him. It's not like Luhan lacks idol qualities but... she just can't imagine Luhan on Inkigayo. Ugh. The guy even bugged Seulbi not to tell it to anyone. She snorted at what he said that. To whom she'll share those anyway? To Nari? Bet she'll not care. To Jongdae? Does the guys even know each other aside from being classmates... To Minseok? He's also absent. To Baek—

Okay. She has no one to share the gossip with.

Back to Luhan's news, his other one was quite bad. Minseok wasn't able to attend the classes because he's sick. To be honest, Seulbi was worried because it's examination week; exams will start tomorrow, Thursday, until Friday.

And it's already Wednesday today.

Luhan placed their tray at their usual table. They started eating; Seulbi is dealing with rice and curry (because she's that hungry), that's why Luhan ordered the same thing (because he's an envious deer, Seulbi quoted), when the guy noticed how dazed she looks like. Actually, after all these weeks of hanging around with the girl, he noticed that there are just two types of Oh Seulbi; either dazed or alert.

She's always alert when it comes to class dismissal and break then the next second, she's dazed, as if she's thinking so deep after running out from someone—

Luhan stopped himself from devouring the spoon full of rice and curry. That's it.

Bullseye.

How could he be so stupid? The answer to her behavior is just in front of him—or more like somewhere at the left, one seat apart from him at the classroom.

A smirk appeared as Luhan got the whole situation. And Oh Seulbi will just avoid one person. "Seulbi,"

She as taken aback from staring and just raised a brow at him.

"Why are you avoiding Baekhyun?"

This time, Seulbi looks too guilty but still tried defending herself. "W-What are you talking about," and she avoided his gaze. He just chuckled are her ridiculousness. But it was cut short when somebody put a tray on their table and flopped himself beside her, as if it's the most natural thing in the world.

Come to think of it, how many times has this happened already? People had started joining their table randomly these past weeks.

But this is not just a random person.

Baekhyun gave them a quick smile before taking a full spoon of curry and rice, even closing his eyes after because seems like it's so delicious.

Seulbi can't believe this. Is this guy dense? She had woke up early yesterday and today so that he'll not walk with her to school, she even skipped breakfast earlier because she knows he'll be earlier this morning. She had sneaked out of the school yesterday so that she'll go home without him, knowing he's still practicing. She had not answered his calls, leading him voicemail that says she's busy studying. She had kept herself engrossed on the books when at classroom when there are still no classes, with her earphones on. She had pulled Luhan to the cafeteria during breaks to avoid unneccessary confrontations. Also, she had never opened her window facing his room since Monday evening.

Seulbi wasn't sure why would he even offer his cold shoulder last Monday, but now she has the reason, why not make him taste his own medicine?

Her thoughts were interrupted when Baekhyun turned to her, as if the past days didn't happen. "Why are you not eating?" The guy even titled his head at the side, and if ever it's another goirl in Seulbi's place right now, she would have squealed in delight.

What am "I" talking about, huh? Luhan watches in amusement until Seulbi put her spoon down, standing up with her tray and carried it away without saying anything, not even looking back.

The boys were too shocked to speak.

They just watch her flop down on a lone adjacent table, put her earphones on and eat silently.

Luhan disagrees with what Seulbi just did. He frowned on her direction even if she's not looking on their way. Even though he has no clue on what Baekhyun did, even himself was offended. What more Baekhyun? It was just plain rude. But of course, Seulbi won't act this way without a reasonable cause.

He averted his attention to the guy in front just to see him still looking at Seulbi, his gaze blank.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter