shoot

The Byun Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ahjumma! Two ddukbokki, please!"

The busy street of Seoul was filled with people of different social classes; and some of those are Baekhyun and Seulbi. 

She didn't expect that Baekhyun was damn serious when he said that they'll eat before going straight home. Even so, she still waited for him to finish his soccer practice. She stayed at their club room while he's doing his business. Good thing that when Minseok notified her that he has to lock the room because it's already time to go home, Baekhyun was already waiting outside, which made Minseok to raise a brow. 

That did go unnoticed by her but him. 

This street few blocks away from school is obviously livelier during the night. Different kinds establishments light their own signages, creating a well lit place of colors. Seulbi was used to go straight home after school; it's because she has no interest in such places, and she has no one to go with. Standing at the middle of busy street of people, she fished out her phone and took a shot of the view in front of her the long line of colors and the sea of people, obviously mesmerized by the chaotic beauty of the urban zone.

"Do you want it to be extra hot?"

"Cheesus—" Seulbi almost jump on her spot when Baekhyun suddenly popped beside her. They both panicked when her phone fell out of her grip. They both crouched down to get it and got their foreheads bumped unto each other. "Ow!" "Ouch!"

Seulbi glared at Baekhyun while palming her forehead.

"Pfft—"

Just to find him chuckling at her.

She was about to yell but him but his crescent, squinted, smiling eyes refrained her from doing so.

It's slowly becoming clear why many were so swooned by him.

"Who ordered two extra hot ddukbokki?!"

They heard the seller yell, loud and clear and Seulbi just found herself gawking at him, retracting back but her hand still on her forehead. "You dare ask me but you already made them both extra spicy?!"

Baekhyun just laughed as she strode back to the stall, will see if she can do some damage control. He chuckled to himself while watching her talk to the ahjussi after giving him a glare, then noticing something on the ground that they should've picked up earlier when his foot bumped unto it. He saw the lively sight that she just took earlier. Did she just forget picking her phone up? Baekhyun had almost crushed her handphone if he didn't see it sooner. Snorting, he took his phone instead as he slid the other one inside and took a shot of the vivid street.

They found themselves in one of the numerous tables at the busy area. At first, it was awkward because it was not like she's always eating with Baekhyun outside after school. But just after few minutes, he filled the table with jokes and sarcastic remarks while she did her part by ranting how too spicy her meal is because of some person.. What's surprising is that she rebutts him, and they're laughing their hearts out, as if they were really close.

"Have you already tried this one?"

Seulbi shook her head to Baekhyun, looking curious at the pancake-like small stuff cooked by the stall owner. She really wanted to try but... she gave him an awkward smile. "I think I'm already full."

They didn't just end at the spicy rice cakes, but they seized the opportunity to try the other street food. 

Seulbi glanced at her watch and was alrmed her that it's already past nine at the evening. "Shoot, my mom's gonna kill me!" Baekhyun just laughed and assured her that he'll explain it to her mom later.

True to what he told, Mrs. Oh didn't flare up when Baekhyun said he just asked Seulbi to accompany him to buy some street food. 

Seulbi chuckled while shaking her head with pencil in between her teeth. Even her mom is fond of Baekhyun. She can't concentrate now as she stare at her notebook laid in front of her, because all she do was reminisce what happened earlier. 

Tok.

She brought back into reality. What was that? She heard a tap on her window in front of her, for her study table in located there. She ignored it for once but when the tapping continued, she irritatingly whipped the curtain aside. "Just what is that—"

"Good evening to you, too, Seulbi-ssi." 

Her forehead had its creases relax as she look at Baekhyun also looking at her from his window parallel to her's. She opened her window, not noticing that she's estatic to do so. "What are you doing?" She whisper-yelled because if her mom caught her, she's doomed. Mrs. Oh might let go of her  late arrivals but this one will be not tolerated. 

"Let's try the dumpling next time."

"Huh?"

Baekhyun leaned on his window pane, which is just a meter away from her. . Those arms again. "I said let's eat the dumpling one next time," and grinned at her like he's doing it on purpose. Being vulnerable, she averted her gaze to her notebook. "Okay, next time," and she look back to him, "but I need to study now, Baekhyun. You should sleep. Good night," and she was ready to cover the window when he cut her off.

"Good night, Seulbi-ah."

She smiled back but stopped midway when he added. 

"Thank you for coming with me," And he vanished behind his curtain.

She calmly closed her window and flopped back to her chair. Until she saw her reflection on her shiny pencil case. She immediately dropped her smile and put her concentration on her notebook. But heck, nothing sinks in her mind.

* * * * *

Is this guy beside her really the same Baekhyun last night? 

Seulbi was used to him not interacting with her at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter