bags

The Byun Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Here."

Seulbi almost popped her eyes out after seeing the list her mom gave her. "Mom?! Are you serious?"

Unfortunately, her mom is in the bad mood because of work and probably her period. Mrs. Oh raised her left brow. "What? You don't want to eat? That's what I will cook later. If you don't want then..."

Seulbi internally rolled her eyes as her mother continued her speech. She just silently took her purse upstairs and left her there. 

Mrs. Oh ordered Seulbi to buy the groceries for the week. She groaned when she saw the fridge earlier, and her mom saw her that moment so came up with the idea of giving the task to her, since she still have to do something.

"Bye mom," she flatly said as she head to the door.

"You already have the money? I'll be glad if you can already handle it." Mrs. Oh sarcastically said with her glasses lowly placed on her nose, with the money on her table. She was viewing some papers from the office.

Seulbi unwillingly marched to her mom. She's really feeling lazy today.

* * * 
She's pushing the cart which is almost full—even though she's just halfway through the list—and she's now searching for some snacks listed on the paper. Thank goodness there are just few customers today.

"Biscuits..." Her eyes roam the shelf and then she was surprised to see only a box of Pepero left. She's so lucky there's still one left—

Until someone also held the box, simultaneous with her. She furrowed her brows with the sight of the hand. "Hey, I was the first one—"

Internal gasp.

She halted as she had the good view of the person. Her brows relaxed themselves as she retreat her hand back. "S-Sorry."

The guy smiled; with his chinky cheeks and flashing teeth, he almost beat his camera's flash for the moment. He also backed away from the biscuit. "You can have it."

"No, no!" Seulbi even added hand gestures and a chuckle, "You can have it." And she gave him an unsure smile.

He chuckled, as if they're close with each other, and took the box. Swear, Seulbi almost run out of the place because of him. She sure panicked a little when he walked closer, but of course, she didn't make it visible.

He put the box in her cart. "You should have it, you almost put up a fight on me earlier." He said, and he just left her there, blushing.

Seulbi won't still budge on her spot. She can't believe that she had already talked to him. "Calm down," she said to no one, but to one organ. She then continued grocery shopping with a pounding heart and an unconscious smile on her face.

* * * * *

"Wait! Wait—ugh." She scoffed for the nth time. She still can't have a taxi because it's rush hour; the crowd in the supermarket suddenly thickened and all are longing for a cab. She can't go one on one with other passengers because she had three bags of groceries with her, which she cannot carry all at once. 

She contemplated if she should call her mom to get these damn food but she recalled that she's busy, and she's sure she's gonna scold her for not getting a simple cab.

Seulbi scoffed in annoyance and frustration. She mentally calculated the distance of the market to their house. Well, it's bearable for walking. But she glanced to her bags. She looked around and was surprised that the people waiting for cabs doubled. 

"God! It's getting late! Where are you?!" She heard a woman curse on her phone beside her. Seulbi realized that she also needs to go home ASAP. She heavily sighed as she took her heavy bags. This is it.

The bags are undeniably heavy, plus she's bumbing unto people, which made the situation worse. Even so, she managed to get through the crowd and let out a relieved sigh when she heard a sound of a wrecking plastic.

Next thing she knew, one of her bags didn't take all the weight and gave up.

"Oh my god," she immediately squated down to pick up the food scattered on the ground. There are few people in the area, and they won't even bother helping her. "S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter