loud

The Byun Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fate can really be cute—even Mrs. Oh. Seulbi can't believe her mom let him inside her room.

Earlier, Seulbi take a toll to calm and brainwash herself that it's just normal to have a crush on Baekhyun.

Yes, crush. 

She had already planned everything out; that she's gotta act as if there's nothing new and that everything is normal.

But seems like her own body is betraying her. As Baekhyun sit on one of her flat floor cusions—one arm flexed sidewards as he support himself from the floor, his legs lying around carelessly, constantly biting the other tip of his pencil, his brows furrowed as he stare at a particular page of his book—Seulbi felt her cheeks heaten up. His tank top nor his cargo shorts are both not helping either.

Why does he like wearing something like that? Seulbi internally groaned but put her attentive expression back when Baekhyun suddenly faced her. "You used the properties of cosine here?" He pointed at a certain number problem, nudging a bit closer.

"Uh," she took a peek, "no, I used sine." Seulbi prays so hard he won't notice her warm face as she accidentally inhaled his scent. It was not like it was her first time smelling it, but having a conscious feeling gives so much difference.

"Are you okay?"

And that's when Seulbi was alarmed. She quickly stood up even before he could touch her forehead. "G-Good thing you asked. I'm feeling thirsty. I'll just go get some snacks," she said in haste while avoiding his confused stare below, and immediately went out of her room.

Baekhyun gave the door she just slammed hard a weird look. He scratched the nape of his neck. Girls, really.

On the other hand, Seulbi was thankful her mom is nowhere to be found at the second floor. Because if Mrs. Oh saw Seulbi slapping her own cheeks with both hands, she doesn't know anymore.

Maybe she underestimated the mess she had entered. And by mess, she meant feelings.

* * * * *

Taking exams is hard.

But taking exams with the feeling that others are boring holes into your skull is harder. Seulbi's sure it has something to do with their little show yesterday where in Baekhyun hugged her. And she's really enjoying some glares, specifically from Soojung's clique while she's eating her lunch earlier at the cafeteria. Good thing they didn't create a scene and realized she just got her cheek healed.

Nevertheless, Seulbi was thankful she had survived the first day with contentment that she'll pass. Not boasting but seriously, she was sure with most of her answers. 

She was already fixing her stuff excitedly because, of course, she'll study with Baekhyun later. To be honest, she's doing her best for no one to notice her simple crush on him. 

Actually, none of them really had a vocal agreement that they will study later but it just feels like a silent truce between them. 

"Seulbi."

Seulbi snapped her head up just to find Minseok gazing down at her seriously before cracking a timid smile when she gave one first. She perked her brows up, asking him what's up non-verbally.

Minseok, after his three-day absence, finally showed up for the exams. Of course Luhan welcomed him with the uneccessary tight hug and embarrassing whines. Seulbi was glad he finally came back, now free from sickness.

"Are you free this Saturday?"

Well, that sure caught Seulbi off guard. Minseok seems to catch her surprised expression so he immediately added, "Remember my promise to teach you some techniques?"

Oh, that one... Seulbi nodded and unconsciously cracked a smile. She remember that the night he was supposed to teach him was when Baekhyun and her ate outside for the second time. Minseok, thinking that the smile was for him, also beamed back. "Great. Well, see you at Saturday." And he left her spot after ruffling her hair.

It all suddenly dawned to her. Minseok didn't even let her speak. Yes, she is free this weekend—but still. Feeling her cheeks heaten up, Seulbi averted her attention to fixing her stuff and walking outside for air, shrugging the thought that what Minseok said sounds like a date.

* * * * *

Baekhyun has been dying to ask her about this but he feels chickening out everytime he's about to open his mouth, so closes it after a second of contemplating.

"You look like a fish."

His nervousness evaporated as a frown appeared on his face. Seulbi just laughed on his reaction and brought her attention back to the book. Good thing this girl seems cool about everything happening right now because to be honest, he doesn't know if he should be thankful to Mrs. Oh allowing him inside her room easily. Maybe it was because of our little talk before. Seriously, her mom trusts him too much.

Sure, he had been there.

But this time, it's different—it is legal. And Baekhyun was overwhelmed by the feeling of doing something without the fear of being caught. 

Like now;

No one will point out how he gazes at her instead of his book.

He is free to stare at her inside her room. Baekhyun kept boring holes on her and of course, Seulbi felt this and gave him a glare and blocked his view by a book. But instead of feeling offended, he shook his head while chuckling.

Who wouldn't if he saw her grew crimson obviously because of him. 

Then he remembered why he was looking like a fish earlier. He warily looked at her way again as he build his composure, yet he still can't voice it out. 

It is all because he's afraid all his hopes will crash down once he heard her answer.

* * * * *

The last day if examination passed by like a blink of an eye—a painful blink. 

Seulbi quickly went out of the room to avoid unneccessary chatters of her exam roommates about themselves having the same answers at some numbers. Her brain has been too worked up to care

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter