flash

The Byun Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulbi thinks it was the clumsiest thing she had done.

Maybe agreeing to go out with Baekhyun is a bad idea afterall... since her heart won't calm itself down.

", we're late!"

She was busy mentally estimating her distance with Baekhyun because she really needs to while they were walking, when Baekhyun suddenly held her right wrist and dragged her towards the cinema. Seulbi has no time to protest for he was too fast and her eyes won't dart away his hand holding her wrist.

Her face felt very warm.

Baekhyun gave their tickets to the staff and nearly ran over him because Beakhyun wasn't even joking when he said that they were late. 

Seulbi doesn't know if Baekhyun was totally aware that he held her wrist until they took their seats inside the chilling, dark, big room because he seems so casual about it. Sitting on a not very good spot since the movie had already started before they came, Seulbi's senses were overwhelmed with Baekhyun—his scent, his touch, and his presence. With the wall at her right side, she wants to stick on it instead than being fully aware of Baekhyun as of the moment. Plus the fact that his laughs fills her ears everytime the movie drops some great puns, it doesn't help at all.

And when he suddenly tugged her left arm because the antagonist appeared out of nowhere, her heart almost leapt out of her ribs.

Byun Baekhyun is not good for her health—like the potato twirls on stick they're eating right now. 

After the movie, Baekhyun continued holding her wrist, as if it's one of the most common things in ths world. It's not like she's complaining though. She agreed eating first because damn, she's starving and their are still some hours before midnight.

They bicker on the way to the food stalls at the nearby park, totally fine with the innocent skinship. Seulbi was kinda surprised that the place was still filled with lights and lives even if it's almost 10 in the evening. 

"Is this our dinner?" She joked and motioned her potato swirl. They're currently occupying one of the benches just all by themselves. 

"I think so," Baekhyun chuckled and glanced at the food between them.

The bench was filled with two persons and different types of food that can be found from the surrounding stalls between them. This why they clicked so fast. 

"So, how was your day?"

Seulbi stopped munching on her stick and glanced at Baekhyun, who seems too occupied with his food, as if he wasn't really interested on her answer.

Oh, if only Seulbi knows how eager he is to hear those.

"Fine," a smile appeared on her lips when she remembered how Minseok almost stepped on poop while showing her a picture earlier, "It was fun."

Baekhyun just let out an Oh and continued eating his potato, not even looking at her; as if he was just asking for the sake of conversation. 

Seulbi doesn't know why but the atmosphere suddenly felt odd.

"How about you? How was your day?"

Pushing the irritating feeling off him, Baekhyun tears the last part of the potato from the stick and chewed it before speaking. "Oh, it was also fun," and he tossed his stick to the nearby bin before fully looking at her, "But I bet it would've been more fun if you were with me."

Seulbi gulped hard and quickly averted her gaze from him. Of course, she can feel that Baekhyun is, like, flirting with her but she doesn't really want to assume. 

"How about next weekend? Spend the whole day with me."

She almost choke on her food when Baekhyun said that. "W-Whole day?" 

It also didn't really sound as a request; it was like a command.

Seulbi wants to punch herself for stuttering when Baekhyun is basically with her almost everyday. She's about to ask her what they're going to do for the whole day when Baekhyun continued speaking.

"Since you're my best neighbor, I don't know who to skip the day with."

Oh. Seulbi smiled bitterly. "Okay."

* * * * *

Baekhyun was nutting so hard mentally. 

After eating their food, Seulbi suddenly became silent; just staring ahead the lighted park. He tried opening some topic but all he got were one or two word replies.

Just what did he do wrong?

Maybe she's just tired.

Thank God she didn't suspect anything when he basically asked her out again next weekend, saying that she's her best neighbor (because that's the first thing he thought of) so he won't be too obvious. She might ask him why won't he just hang out with Jongdae or Chanyeol and such so, he beat her to it.Thank God. 

Now that they're walking home, they're basically alone on the streets yet Baekhyun doesn't feel afraid and he's betting Seulbi isn't, too. That's the only thing that he can read on her mind right now.

Baekhyun sighed when he saw how  close they are already at their home. Why is the time so fast? 

When they're already at the Oh's gates, Seulbi smiled at Baekhyun. 

But a timid one.

Baekhyun nea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter