victims

The Byun Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In a span of 12 hours, Seulbi had hard time absorbing all the information she got.

First, she just knew that Baekhyun and Sehun know each other. But unfortunately, Baekhyun didn't say anything after that, saying that he still has something to do, leaving her and her cousin confused.

Second, she can't believe Sehun transferred to her school even if the first period exams were already over. It's not like it's unbelievable—Sehun's GPA can do the talking—but she's just wondering how easy it is for him to process his transfer without her noticing. Seulbi watches Sehun introduce himself in front, her jaws gaping while unconscious of other girls totally heart-eyeing him.

And closed as she think about the third new information.

She finally has the latest camera she had been dying to have; all waiting on her study desk in her room last night. To be honest, she thought she was just dreaming.

But it was from him.

Seulbi wishes she's just dreaming.

* * * * *

Lunch came and Seulbi pulled Sehun out of the room quickly the moment the bell rang. Many knitted their brows, and Luhan would have already jumped into conclusions if Sehun's last name wasn't Oh.

Luhan retracted his arm that was about to ask Seulbi what she want for lunch—that she had just left hanging—and the boy turned to his left instead.

He wants to ask Baekhyun what's with Seulbi...but he decided that it might not be the right time to; because seeing how Baekhyun stares at the window with his earphones on without any interest to get up and eat, Luhan was reminded of the first time he met the guy.

Even if he's closest to Minseok, he still doesn't want to see that look again on the younger's face.

Luhan just sighed and got up from his seat, decided just to search for his best-friend instead.

* * * * *

"Why didn't you tell me you're transferring here?!" Seulbi hissed when she let go of Sehun's wrist as they stop on one of the corners in the hallway.

Sehun raised both of his hands, as if he's surrendering. "You didn't ask, though."

She gave him a hard glare. "Why would I ask you about transferring here, out of all questions?!"

Sehun raised a brow and stuffed his hands inside his pockets. "You didn't even wonder about my education? Haven't you realize it's almost the middle of the school year?"

Seulbi pursed her lips and closed her eyes, trying to calm herself down. Being with Sehun makes her feel dumb. She took at least three deep breaths, and Sehun's just amused watching her lose to him again, when someone broke the private talk.

"Excuse me?"

Sehun had a double take on the interrupter while Seulbi's eyes are just wide just like his.

They may be cousins; same reaction, but different reasons.

Sehun thinks he had seen one of the prettiest girl ever.

Seulbi thinks she's just imagining things...

"Can I talk to you?"

...like why would Soojung ask her for a talk politely?

* * * * *

Checking if there are lip tint smears on her lips' border, Choi Jinri pops her lips in front of a compact mirror. Feeling satisfied, she closed the mirror and stuffed it back to her pocket.

And that's when she caught sight of the guy who just passed over their room.

"," she cursed under her breath as she realize how hot the blond guy is. Just seeing the new face makes her excited for lunch so she could already boy-hunt him. Sure, she had her fair share of boyfriends before; being in Soojung's clique really has its perks.

But when she saw her new target that lunch time surrounded  a loser and the queen bee wanna-be, Jinri clenched her jaw.

Oh Seulbi is really annoying.

But Jung Soojung is more annoying.

* * * * *

Jung Soojung doesn't like Oh Seulbi—which was given because of Baekhyun.

Or should be given.

She was so used on disliking and glaring at other girls who obviously like Baekhyun, it all became a fixation. Actually, she had to rethink why she's doing these things sometimes—like now.

She's standing in front of Seulbi while the blond boy she didn't bother to introduce herself to was long gone. Why is she doing this again?

Ahh.

It was one night when she wanted to ask her sister what she should do to make Baekhyun notice her but instead, she saw Sooyoun staring into space while lying on her bed. Her sister had lost her smile and laughs ever since that day. And of course, she knows the reason why.

It had always been that guy; the guy who first extended his arm to her and befriend her in freshman year, the guy who made her as his model for his first photo to be submitted to the photography club, the guy who knew her as Jung Soojung, not as Sooyoun's sister.

To be honest, Soojung should double hate Seulbi, but she's her last resort to make her sister happy.

Soojung can't talk to Minseok personally again when he started dating her sister anyway. And even now that they had already broken up, she still can't. Maybe she had a few chit-chats with him, but all about her sister.

"I know this is so hypocrite of me... but can you please talk to Minseok—" Soojung gulped, "—ssi?"

She can see how Seulbi's eyes averted somewhere but her gaze. Hah. Who's she kidding anyway? Of course Seulbi will be hesitant to do a request from someone who seems to hate her.

But all for her sister, Soojung took Seulbi's hands and held them tight.

"Please."

She loves her sister so much even if she had taken away her first love.

* * * * *

Seulbi flopped herself down on her bed and stared at the message she had received earlier.

She walked home with just Sehun because he texted her that he still has practice so he can't walk with her home.

She sighed once again and put her phone down beside her.

Was it really possible to miss someone even if that someone is just inches apart from you the whole day?

Baekhyun may be physically her seatmate and walked with her earlier morning but she felt that his mind is floating somewhere far.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter