seriously

The Byun Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"...And that's it, easy as that." Minseok concluded his tutorial with a cheeky grin as he places his camera to its bag.

The sun's about to set, coloring the sky with hues of orange, pink and purple. The scenery was aesthetic, with the fact that they're at one of the bleachers of the peaceful park; it makes the twilight refreshing.

"Thank you, Misnseok-ssi." Seulbi did the same and just returned a meek smile. "Don't worry; I'll repay you next time."

"How about a coffee?"

Seulbi blinked at him because of the sudden suggestion. Minseok chuckled and just continued fixing his things and averted his gaze to it. "Never mind."

"N-No, I think coffee's a good idea." Seulbi said as she stood up and smiled at him.

It has been a great day, why not treat him some coffee, right?

Seulbi was thinking about how she feels comfortable around Minseok nowadays, like she's not that worked up or tensed whenever he's around anymore as they walk to the nearby cafe.

Not knowing that her company was fooling himself with explanations why he suddenly felt weird when Seulbi flashed her that smile while she's against the sunlight, looking down on him.

Minseok gulped hard as he walk side by side with Seulbi, stopping himself from side-eyeing her secretly.

* * * * *

Jongdae feels so grumpy as he hold a leash on his left hand, obviously uninterested on whatever he's doing right now.

Who would be anyway? If you're not really fond of dogs but your older sister threatened you she'll break your Xbox if you'll not walk her dog around?

Jongdae sighed for the nth time, internally groaning that he should be playing LoL with Chanyeol and Baekhyun instead of following a  around.

This day , he sighed but the moment his eyes landed at a certain spot of the place he's currently at, a sly grin appeared on his face. But he certainly panicked when the persons he has his eyes on was about to turn to his direction. Hastily, he docked down the nearest bush, pulling the dog near him. Thank God he had hidden in time before Seulbi and Minseok could see him.

"Grrr—"

Jongdae panicked again because the dog's about to bark.

So he did what he thinks the last thing he'll do in his life.

He quickly held its mouth with his left hand and he's very thankful the dog didn't bite him. Finally feeling satisfied with the silence, he took his phone out and he doesn't know how he did it, but he managed to get a good shot of the two targets and just made his grin wider before sending the photo to Chanyeol, knowing the supposed-to-be-affected guy's with him.

He's so proud of his paparazzi skills.

Feeling satisfied with his work, he stood up and looked at their way, seeing Seulbi laughing on something Minseok just showed her. They seem to look like they have their own world.

Before he knew it, Jongdae had already taken another photo of Seulbi with that smile, but she's the only one in the frame this time.

Jongdae doesn't know why but he doesn't feel like sending the photo to Baekhyun or Chanyeol right now.

Stuffing his phone back to his pocket, he came up with the idea that maybe he can use the photo in the near future for his own convenience; like pissing Byun Baekhyun off again.

Or as a home screen, he thought and chuckled at his own joke as he pulled the dog to the other direction.

But seriously, he doesn't mind.

* * * * *

Staying at Chanyeol's was really a good idea. Playing computer games with him sure made Baekhyun occupied all throughout the day, making him dismiss Jongdae's annoying message for a while.

Baekhyun inserted the keys into his front door. As he does so, he didn't notice the small smile on his lips. It's quite stupid of him when he lost his keys last night... that turns out to be just located at one of the secret compartments of his bag.

And he saw them when he took out his spare clothes at Seulbi's place last night.

Baekhyun doesn't know what's up with him when he immediately hid his keys back when Seulbi asked what flavor of ramyun he wants for dinner. But what knows right now was the back ache from sleeping on the couch last night was worth it.

And that embrace... Baekhyun barely noticed he's already inside the apartment because of reminiscing.

But the guy in suit, sitting on his couch, made him stop on his tracks and drop his smile.

The man sent him a smile as a greeting, with sincerity that Baekhyun ignored. Instead, he pursed his lips and made it sure that the man heard the distate on his voice as he question his presence.

"What are you doing here?"

* * * * *

Seulbi was planning on treating Minseok a cup of cold coffee, but he had beat her to it. He had already swiped his card while Seulbi was searching for some bills. She could only sigh in defeat, but still muttered thanks as he gave her her drink.

The coffee was definitely good, but Seulbi has been wondering why he had offered her coffee when in fact she knows is that he's more into drinking tea.

So she can't help but ask. "Aren't you into tea than coffee?"

Minseok stopped sipping his espresso before cocking a brow up. "Where did you get that?"

Seulbi put her own drink down and averted her gaze somewhere, flushing. Of course she had observed Minseok before because he was her crush, but she can't tell that to him. "Uh, I just noticed whenever we're at the club room."

She heard him chuckle before answering her. "I like coffee more." And before she can ask why he had tea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter