start

The Byun Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*huff* *huff* *huff*

On a steamy afternoon, it will never be a good idea to walk along the vast field of Seoul High School. Plus the fact that you're carrying loads of books, others might think that you're a masochist.

But Seulbi can't even care less.

Seulbi, being a good girl she is, is the favorite of her teacher. He really loves her, he even asked her nicely to take the books from the library to their building quickly. Quickly.

Well, we can't blame Mr. Goo why he favors her the most.

Seulbi is late most of the time to her first period; which is Mr. Goo's subject, English. She doesn't really hate English and all but when Mr. Goo started to give her a special treatment, she can't help but loathe the it.

Beads of sweat started to form on her forehead.

Seulbi just wanna throw all the books she's holding and run to a shady part of the field.

Oh dear God, a smile crept to her face. She's just meters away from the building, oh my God, he agony will end here now—

—not.

It was sure a hard kick because it made Seulbi stumble to the ground and scatter all the books she's holding. Ow, she heard laughs and she's sure those are coming from the bleacher nearby; where the cheerleaders are sitting, along with some soccer players.

She fell planking on the ground but the throbbing pain on her head is all that matters right now. She tried stading up but sitting is all she can do. Her vision became is somewhat disoriented.

Wow, no one really help her—

"Are you okay?"

—except one.

Seulbi looked up just to be almost blinded by the sun and this helpful guy noticed that so he blocked the sun's rays off her face.

That's when she recognized who's the person standing in front of her.

He's holding a SLR camera, like how she sees him most of the time.

Am I already in heaven?

"Hello?"

Seulbi was taken back to reality and the sudden shake of her head added pain on it, which made her cringe.

"Hey, hey, do you want to go to the infirmary?" Asked the guy with camera, leaning a little and touching her shoulder.

No, I want to stay here under the sun and let myself burn to dehydration, she should have retorted back if he's a close friend but he's different, and unreachable.

"Yes, please," she just said. Seulbi was even amazed because she was still able to speak.

The 'camera guy' with chinky eyes was about to scort her when—

"Hey,"

She was all tired she just wanna lay on the bed so who is this guy?

Seulbi looked up just to be greeted with a smiling Byun. "Hey, are you alright?" The guy started.

Do I look 'alright' to you? She should have countered back but she has no energy now.

"I'm sorry but you blocked the way of the ball."

Did she just hear him right? She was walking out of their playing area and she was accused that she blocked the ball? This guy should be thankful that she's now not in good shape to kick him.

Seulbi just looked at the camera guy, as if telling him Let's go to the infirmary now, please.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter