Monsters aren't real

One a day (Shinhwa one shot collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

OOOOoooooooOOOOooooHHhhh I'm back again with daily stories, and this week, until the 31st, it will be Halloween stories, so get ready for only scary sad things for, well a week haha. I'll start with a random pairing and the rest will be, Ricsyung, Woodong, Jindy and Jita, the grand finally will then be a big Shinhwa get together. Huraa!!

Eric was excited, he was going to his best friend Minwoo’s house for a sleepover. Their parents had planned it for a while, Eric had just turned 14 so they were officially old enough to stay home alone.

They had planned everything, Minwoo’s parents were having a date night so they had the whole place to themselves. They were going to play videogames for the first two hours, then they would heat up the food Minwoo’s mom had left for them and watch a movie, then there was desert and snacks and even more gaming. Tonight would be great.

He got out of the car, yelling goodbye to his mom as he strolled up to Minwoo’s door and stepped inside, he knew the door code and Minwoo would know it was him anyway.

“Eric!” Minwoo ran down the stairs, practically jumping into Eric’s arms as he hugged the taller boy.

“I brought my stuff” he lifted up a bag and smiled at the short boy.

“Great, just put it in my room, I’ll go help mom with the rest of the food” Minwoo smiled and ran past him while Eric headed up the stairs.

Minwoo’s room was made up with a large mattress on the floor for him, he threw his bag on top of it and headed back downstairs to find his friend in the kitchen holding a bowl.

They both helped Minwoo’s parents get ready and after a while they were out the door and the two boys were finally alone.

The evening went after plan, the food was perfect like always and they were now huddled up under their blankets watching a horror movie.

Why a horror movie? Well Eric had gotten a new splatter movie for his birthday, but Minwoo wasn’t allowed to watch those kinds of movies before he was 14, so they had to watch it now while they were alone since they couldn’t wait for half a year.

“Do you think AHH!!” Minwoo screamed loudly as a monster appeared on the screen causing Eric to break out in laughter. Minwoo had always been more scared of movies, of course Eric was scared of bugs, but not horror films, that was why Minwoo wasn’t allowed to watch them.

“Ah you are so easy Minwoo-ah” he smiled, wrapping an arm around the younger boy protectively, it was just supposed to be a short hug, but Minwoo leaned against his chest and hugged him back, and somehow they just stayed in that position.

He quite liked hugging Minwoo like that, in general, he quite liked Minwoo. He didn’t know when it had started, but he had to admit, he liked the boy more than he liked others.

The movie went on without a hinge, no jump scares as they were in one of the long talk sessions, all Eric could think of was Minwoo’s soft breathing, he felt so calm like this under the blankets, and that was when he heard it, the loud slamming sound.

“What was that!?” he sat up straight immediately, startling Minwoo awake.

“What!? I… I was sleeping…” he turned off the TV quickly to listen for footsteps, Minwoo looked terrified now.

“Eric? This isn’t a funny joke..” he sounded timid, but Eric’s serious face alarmed him to the horrid fact that this was no joke.

“I heard your door go… someone is here…” he looked at the shorter boy again, one of them had to go check, and suddenly, Eric was a lot more scared than he had been while watching the movie.

“I.. I won’t go… Eric I don’t want to die!” Minwoo curled up even more under his blanket, you would think he was a woman just caught cheating.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter