Hiking

One a day (Shinhwa one shot collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Truth be told, I don't think I fully shipped this couple before writing this. I knew very little about the two, I saw an interview where Dongwan came by and told he was very envious of Kangta and looked up to him immensely, other than that I just loved that they both go up into the mountains so often to get away from things. But I must say. After writing this, i ship them so hard

 

”I’m really happy you agreed to do this with me” Dongwan spoke, fixing his backpack slightly.

“Ah… no no I’m happy you even considered me, I mean…” Kangta was slightly out of breath, but he couldn’t tell the other man, and he had to keep up, even if he had been slightly behind him the whole time.

“I mean… I only hike, I don’t climb mountains in foreign countries like you…” he smiled, almost knocking into the shorter man when he suddenly stopped.

“Ah come on, Hyesung has told me how often you do this, you go for days to the mountains with your friends, and we aren’t climbing any steep mountainsides anyway” the Shinhwa member turned around, smiling at the other singer.

“No no it’s nothing compared to what you do, believe me, he has told me stories about Canada” the solo singer laughed slightly while Dongwan removed his bag, prompting him to do the same.

“I was thinking we set up camp here for the night” the shorter man spoke, already unpacking his tent.

A few minutes later they had erected two tents, filled them with sleeping bags and gear, and lit a small fire in front of them.

“So… What do you want to eat today?” Kangta spoke, digging through his bag for the different ramen packs they had brought along.

“You know what? Why don’t you surprise me… I’ll cook tomorrow” Dongwan smiled widely at the slightly older man, who was still back facing him, digging through the bags.

“Ok, I hope you will like this, it’s my way of cooking ramyeon… We need rice so if you can get the cooked rice from your bag while I do this?” he came back out of the tent, putting the pot down and pouring the water.

“Oh trust me, I’ll like it as long as you don’t cook like Hyesung” the Shinhwa member laughed slightly, earning a laugh from the other man as well.

“Oh yeah… sesame flavored everything right? Has he made you that ketchup thing… that…” Kangta was putting in the spices, motioning with his hand as he tried to remember.

“Yeah the meat and ketchup stir fry? God don’t remind me…” Dongwan shuttered, opening the rice as Kangta asked for it.

“You know… Maybe it’s a good thing my friend canceled and couldn’t come with me…” they were now eating the food, rice cooked in a bit of the ramyeon sauce, the rest of the ramyeon eaten normally.

“Yeah… I’m happy you thought of me… I mean, you have so many other friends…” the solo singer stirred his food slightly, looking away shyly.

“Oh yeah but… no one really feels like coming up here with me for a week… this close to Christmas… they all have dates and such” the Shinhwa member looked down as well, feeling slightly saddened that he was single enough to even be up there.

“Hey then let’s be happy I’m single then” Kangta laughed, making Dongwan cheer up again, somehow the way the other man acted made Dongwan feel carefree, the way Kangta didn’t worry about having a girlfriend or not.

Hours passed by and the two went to sleep. It was now the middle of the night, and Dongwan couldn’t sleep.

He was shivering, teeth clasping together. The temperature had dropped and snow had started following, he was wearing as much as he could, his sleeping bag was made for cold weather, but somehow nothing helped.

“Dongwan?...” he suddenly heard the other man’s voice, a flashlight .

“Dongwan are you ok?...” he continued, and Dongwan wanted to answer, but he couldn’t utter anything other than noises.

“Ok wait, hold on, I’m coming over…” he saw movements as the taller man got up, the light approaching his tent before it opened and the other sing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter