Christmas Visit

One a day (Shinhwa one shot collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So this is, not at all Shinhwa related and I'm sorry, but this couple has fascinated me for so long since, they were just so real. Kangta has said on so many occasions that they were dating, and the way they lived with each other, things like the Xiao Long Bao are all taken from real life. The two promoted together in 2006 and kangta was planning to stay with him for many albums but then suddenly, it all stopped and Vanness married a woman who now, barely hangs out with him and they admitted they almost divorced...

*bold is Chinese, cursive is English. Yeah, Kangta actually speaks this good English, I was shocked when I heard him speak too.

 

He heaved a deep breath, he hadn’t been here for a long time, in front of this door, it was almost 10 years ago now.

He was back in Taiwan to film a drama, he hadn’t thought about anything other than his lines and all the Chinese he had to memorize, but suddenly he had remembered his time in the country all those years ago, the time he almost lived there.

They hadn’t met up after their break up back in 2008. He was going to the army, that always strains relationships, but that wasn’t all, they had had a long tear-filled fight, the other man had told about how he was going to have a family, how he needed a woman, how he wanted kids, and a normal life. He couldn’t fool around forever, and he wasn’t getting any younger.

Of cause he could understand that, deep down, he wanted a family too. Of cause he wasn’t as set on this goal as the other man had been, for him, music was more important, if only he had someone to love, that was really all he needed, he had enough in being a good uncle.

Now he was back, they had talked online for a little, he needed to know if he was even welcome now, but the other man had seemed extremely enthusiastic, he was lonely too, strange considering he was the one married with kids.

“Hey…” he pressed the button that let him talk to the one inside the apartment, it wasn’t long before the door opened. The man didn’t need to ask who it was, he could hear it clearly from the Korean accent.

“Chilhyun… It’s been a while huh? Wow… let me see you fully” the man was as smily as Kangta remembered him, arms outstretched, perfect English, amazing clothes and body, even though he wasn’t going out. It felt strange, showing himself off to his ex, but since he asked, Kangta did a small spin before stepping closer, he wanted to hug him, but he couldn’t.

“you look younger than ever, and you’ve lost so much weight… The Xiao long bao diet didn’t last I see” the handsome laugh was the same as well, it was supposed to be funny, but somehow it only evoked tears in the younger man’s eyes, xiao long bao… he hadn’t been able to eat those after they broke up, they just reminded him too much of the older man, how he would buy them for him every time he visited him.

“Yeah… I’m working out…” he was ashamed, his English wasn’t as good as it used to be, but who could blame him, he didn’t get daily practice anymore, now that he was alone in Korea, his friends all Koreans.

“Haha, well seems I’ll have to watch out then, you might surpass me now that I’m a dad, you know the whole dad body thing right?” Vanness kept talking in such a cheerful voice, he couldn’t help but wonder if the older man had really gotten over the whole thing this well, if he had completely forgotten what they had.

“Ah… You are better…” you will always be better. Kangta looked down, he was still in the hallway, wear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter