Rematch

Lightsaber
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Chapter 5 [/CONTENTID1]
[CONTENTID2] Rematch [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

         After Baekhyun left the cafe, he went home to change into something not as conspicuous as his expensive suit and then asked Jongdae for Hana’s last seen location like the night before. Though he wanted to get this mission over with, in the back of his mind there was a small desire to see Vermouth again. He was certain it wasn’t something as childish as love at first sight, but there was something definitely attractive about her.

         After driving for a short while to the location Jongdae has sent him, Baekhyun found himself next to a few apartment buildings in horrible condition separated by dark alleys. There was no noise coming from around him, but as he scouted the area, he realized that there was green light shining on top of one of the buildings. A smile crept up Baekhyun’s face as the light from Vermouth’s lightsaber meant that he might finally be able to get an uninterrupted rematch.

Baek: “Chen, I’m going into an apartment complex. Look into cameras around, I think Vermouth is here again.”
Chen: “In that case, I’ll make sure to tell Hoon to back you up in case you get hurt again. I doubt there are any cameras nearby considering how poor the tenants of this area are, so keep us updated. Be careful.”

            Indeed, as soon as Baek stepped inside the building, he realized what Chen meant by saying that the tenants are too poor. The dark hallways were only lighted by a dim light, there were graffitis all over the walls, and trash was scattered all over the place. Thankfully there were no one around, so Baek walked straight up to the roof. He tried to open the metal door that leads to the roof, but it wouldn't budge. Just as he was about to kick it down however, a man around his 30s bumps the door down from the outside and falls to the ground in front of Baek begging for help.

“Please help me! I’ll do anything-”
Baek: “How pathetic.”
(Baek looks down at the man with a small smirk and activated his lightsaber to pierce him through his heart. As soon as he ensured the man was indeed dead, he pulled his weapon out and let the man’s body drop onto the ground.)
Vermouth: “Stop getting involved in my business whoever the fxxk you are.”
Baek: “I’m sorry, I should have introduced myself before. My name is Baek and I’m a member of EXO. Pleased to meet you.”
Vermouth: “Vermouth. I’m not sure I can say I’m happy to see you again.”
Baek: “That’s fair enough. I was originally sent here to kill you... Well not you exactly, but your appearance prevents me from doing my job so... The best course of acting is probably for me to get rid of you first.”
Vermouth: “Try.”

            Baek couldn’t help, but feel a little happy since it has been a while since he has felt a legit threat. Vermouth held up her lightsaber and got into a defensive position as her eyes narrowed onto Baek. With a swift movement, Baek firmly held onto his lightsaber and attacked. Though he wouldn’t have lost strength wise, Vermouth’s movements were faster and more agile. Rather than fighting using brute strength, she uses the momentum of his attacks to push herself around.

Vermouth’s POV: ‘He’s not a rookie either. Close-range combat just isn’t going to work. I need to think about something-’

“Getting tired already?” His mocking tone annoyed Vermouth, but there was nothing she could do about it since her stamina was indeed running out from the intense fight. At this rate, she wouldn’t be able to keep up and probably lose the fight. As a desperate measure, she kicked Baek on the stomach in order to push him back, but he didn’t budge at all. Instead, seizing the moment, Baek managed to cut Hana’s thigh.

            She grumbled in pain and Baek was about to finish the fight off, but before he could do that, he heard a distant siren coming towards them. Looking off the building, there was indeed a shining blue and red light coming towards them.

Baek: “Shxt, the cops are here. We should both get out of here.”

            Completely ignoring his “help”, Vermouth tried to push him off the roof as he turned around. Though her lightsaber sliced a cut on Baek’s arm, he moved out of the way just in time causing her to fall off instead. Without even realizing what he was doing, Baek looked down the building hoping that she didn’t hurt herself from the fall. To his amazement, she hung onto a window sill and flung herself to the fire escape of the building next to them before going onto the ground. Once she was safe, Vermouth looked to the roof, but it seems that Baek has already made his escape as well.

            Looking around her, the police car’s siren got louder and louder so she had no choice, but to escape by the sewers. The lid of the manhole wouldn’t come off easily like those in movies, so she simply cut a hole in it using her lightsaber. Jumping in, she regretted not bringing a gas mask or something because the smell down was atrocious. Ignoring the pain in her leg that will probably get infected, she quickly got in touch with her hacker, Chianti to find a way to get out.

Chianti: “You are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter