Past

Lightsaber
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook: “When I arrived in America, I had a really small apartment and I worked in a restaurant nearby trying to earn some money. There was a waitress about the same age as me who worked there as well and I immediately fell for her. I really loved her, but she was already someone else’s woman and it turned out that her boyfriend was the lead of a gangster group. He sent his people at me so I left my apartment and just stayed out all night, but he still sent his people to randomly beat me up where no one could see. The worst part was when he ordered his people to hit me with a car, but luckily I jumped away in time.

 

After that, I lost everything. Everyone I used to be close to at work chose to ignore me because they were afraid of the gangsters coming after them. The men would always be at my apartment waiting to beat me up more so I had nowhere to go either. The last news I ever received from you was that Vodka died. After that my phone broke so I lost contact with you as well. I didn’t have enough money to go come back here and I had nothing else. I tried to commit suicide because I thought I was alone.”

 

Flashback in Jungkook’s POV:

 

I jumped onto this bus without knowing where it was going, but it didn’t matter anyways. I look outside the window and realized the bus was driving next to the sea. I immediately got down at the next stop. There was a really tall wood structure in front of me and I started climbing on by the metal bars for whatever reason. I sat at the edge to look at the sky and for some reason I felt so peaceful. Just then I hear someone coming behind me and I look back in shock.

 

He was wearing a black zip-up jacket and a plain white shirt that was now covered with blood. He looked at me which made me get up to face him.

 

“Is that blood?”
“Ya. I killed someone.”

“Oh”

“You’re not afraid?”

“Is there any reason for me to be?”
“You’re a really funny guy. What are you doing here?”

“Would you laugh at me if I told you I was looking for a place to commit suicide?”

“Same. What’s your reason?”
“I used to like this girl, but it turned out that her boyfriend was a total douchebag and he tried to kill me multiple times.”

“Then I guess we’re somewhat alike. Just like you, I also liked someone who belonged to another man. I found out that he has been abusing her, so I killed him, but then she grew afraid of me too…”

“What’s your name? I’m Jeon Jungkook.”

“Kim Taehyung.”

We shook hands to confirm our new friendships that didn’t really matter because we were both going to die. Just then, there was a truck that came and 5 guys came out of it. They sat at the edge so that their feet would just be a few feet above the water. There was a guy with a video recorder who filmed the two.

 

Jungkook: “Want to jump?”
Taehyung: “You didn’t need to tell me!”


We smiled at each other before running and jumping off the edge into the water. I could hear 2 loud splashes of water. I closed my eyes and let my body sink. ‘Goodbye’ Suddenly, I could feel that multiple other people jumped into the water, but I didn’t care anymore…

 

I slowly opened my eyes as I saw the pitch black sky and a fire in front of me.

 

Jungkook: “Am I dead?”

“You’re not.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter