Café Blanc

Lightsaber
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Chapter 4 [/CONTENTID1]
[CONTENTID2] Café Blanc [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

            Hana pulls down the pencil skirt Eunhee forced her to wear and went into the building where a small group of people formed at the side of the lobby. There was a young lady handing out lanyards with what seems to be temporary IDs in the middle of the crowd. Hana assumed that’s where she was supposed to go. After almost everyone were gone, two IDs were left and Hana was left with a beautiful girl around her age with dark and wavy brown hair.

“Kim Hana and Jung Soojung? You guys are going to be in the administration department. Please report to the top floor. These are your temporary Ids for the elevators. You’ll get your permanent IDs when you finish and pass the internship. Mrs. Han, the head secretary, will tell you more. Take the last elevator on the right, it leads directly to the top floors.”

            The two girls put their IDs around their neck and go in the elevator the lady told them to earlier. Soojung seemed to feel really awkward, but she began a conversation with Hana to break the ice.

“Hello! My name is Jung Soojung, but my friends all call me Krystal. I graduated from Stanford University in California.”
(Hana was a little shocked at how cheerful she was considering she looked quite cold. Even though the last thing she needed was to make friends, she still smiled and replied.)
Hana: “Kim Hana. I graduated from SNU with a year of study abroad at Wharton Business School in Pennsylvania.”
Krystal: “Oh wow! Wharton is super famous in the business field! How come you’re here as an assistant? I would think you will be more interested for that marketing position.”
Hana: “I did, but something must have happened and I got put here instead.”
Krystal: “I did hear some rumors but...”
Hana: “What rumors?”

            Before Krystal could tell Hana about the rumors concerning her, the elevator doors opened and the two were greeted by a model-like woman with short brown hair. Her name tag said ‘Han Sunhwa’. She led the two around presenting the administration department assigning their desks.

“Mr. Byun is out for a business lunch, but he’ll be back by the afternoon. You guys will be his assistants, but really you guys take orders from everyone during the internship period. Your training period will last 2 months. Questions?” (Short moment of silence) “Perfect. I want these documents photocopied and passed around and then run down to the HR Department to get something for me. Report back to me once that’s done.”

            The two bowed and got to work. Krystal ran down to the HR Dep. while Hana photocopied and stapled all the documents in the folder. Before everyone knew it, it was lunch already. Hana joined Krystal and two other secretaries to go down to the cafeterias. Even though it was troublesome for her to be surrounded with so many people, Hana had no other choice but to fit it. At least the people in the administrative department were pretty nice.

Secretary 1: “I can’t believe you insulted Mr. Byun during the interview! How bold of you XD”
Hana: “Guess it’s not a big secret.”
Secretary 2: “There’s so many different rumors floating around as to why he chose you amongst so many people despite that. There was technically only 1 open seat in the administrative department, but he added one just for you.”
Secretary 1: “Are you guys dating?!”
Hana: “Ew wtf?!”
Krystal: “He’s pretty cute though.”
Hana: “Not my style.”

[Afternoon]

            Even though the entire department were busy with paperwork, everyone suddenl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter