WHO , WHERE , WHY

INFINITE Relationships
Woohyun woke up by a ringing sound. It is more like a group of girls singing. Well technically it’s AoA’s Heart Attack as his ringtone. He paced his hand wondering where on the bed table did he put it.
 
“ Oh . . ” he didn’t even bother checking out who was it.
 
“ Woohyun-ssi ? ” he now recognized the voice.
 
“ Heck, do you even know what time is it ? ”
 
“ Do you even know who is calling ? And it’s 3:47am. ”
 
“ Damn, what do you want? ” Woohyun asked while his eyes are still closed.
 
There was a moment of silence before Sungyeol speak again, “ It’s about Sungjong. ”
 
 
 
Myungsoo is getting a little impatient. Last night, he was told by his brother that he won’t be able to send him to school, therefore a driver would be assigned for him. Sungkyu is not allowing him to have his own car yet. He’s of legal age, so why can’t he? Simple. Myungsoo failed taking his driver’s license five times earlier this year. He gets so excited at humps, forgets to hit the brake during intersections, scratched his training car during parkings and the headlights are always on. So when school started, he just commutes his way by either taking a bus or a cab.
 
When he woke up, Sungkyu can no longer be seen at home. As expected since he said he would be out early. But much to Myungsoo’s annoyance, the said driver has not arrived yet. The time is currently 6:34am, he needs to at least get to school by 7:30am for classes start at 8:00am. He was hesitating not to wait anymore and just go on his way. Choosing to travel by himself would take him for like an hour. Just then, the doorbell rang.
 
‘ Finally ’  he thought. He answered to it but literally his pupils were dilated as if he had seen a ghost. It took a while for him to snapped back.
 
“ Good morning Sir. I was sent by Mr. Kim Sung Kyu to be your personal driver. Please just address me as Hoya. ”
 
 
 
Sungjong woke up in a trance. He was lying on a white cushion with comforters having him covered. He looked around and saw majestic paintings that filled the room. Paintings of abstract, historical ones and even small patches of paint. He felt his body ached all over. He tried to recall what happened but failed to do so.
 
“ Good morning! ” a voice could be heard and he almost jumped up to his feet upon hearing it. A man was sitting by the windowsill, smiling at him with a cup of coffee on his hands, and by the aroma he could tell it was a caramel macchiato. Sungjong thought that the smile was so genuine but given the situation he’s in, he can’t give to it.
 
“ Don’t be scared. Well, of course you are right now. But trust me, or just believe in me. I meant no harm for you. ” the stranger continued. And then again, Sungjong felt like he was saying the truth.
 
‘ What is with this prick ? ’
“ What happened? Where am I and who the heck are you?! ”
 
“ Well it’s quite a long story. ”
 
“ Then freaking summarize and make it short! ”
 
“ Chill, I am not bad. My brother tells me I am the nicest person and he even sai– ”
 
“ Enough with the chitchat and just get damn to the point!! ”
 
“ Okay okay. ” the man even raised his arms as if he surrendered. “ Well yesterday on my way home from school, I  decided to dropped by at this pizza parlor my brother and I loves the most. I remember when we were little and he was like – ”
 
“ COULD YOU !! please . . .? ” Sungjong clenched his fists tight about how random this person could be. The latter apologized for getting carried away. And so he continues his story but immediately directed to what had happened.
           
“ When I went out, on a nearby alley, I saw you lying on the ground quite unconscious. You were murmuring incoherent words, and I started to panic. I mean, how could anyone not notice you there, or even give concerns? ” The man spoke while clearly looking straight into his eyes and with how he convey his words seem so pure and innocent.  “ I do not know you but I knew I had to do something. I thought of calling my family but then I realized that they might ask more questions about me picking up a stranger. So my hands brought me to phone call my bestfriend. ”
 
They both went quiet. How ironic is it that people teases and bullies Sungjong for having these wondrous looks yet if he got tainted, they would just leave him without even looking back. He looked up to the man and only noticed now how angelic his face could be.
 
“ So where am I ? I need to get home, my brothers migh–, my older brother must be worried by now. ” he asked.
 
“ I am sorry but you can’t leave just yet. ”
 
“ Excuse me?! I thought you said you aren’t a bad person? ”
 
“ Of course I am not. It’s just that my bestfriend told me to keep you in touch and tend your bruises. Why don’t you just contact anyone first? ”
 
Sungjong thought of an excuse for Hoya so he borrowed the man’s phone and immediately called his brother. The conversation took 30mins just so he can assure Hoya that he is fine. His reason told was that he lost his phone and didn’t managed to call back, and good thing he had memorized the older’s number.
 
He also found out where the back pain was coming from, he still can’t remember how did he get those bruises and marks. So he once again told Hoya that he can’t come home for tonight because he would be busy for a school project. And would just get home on the next day but promised he would call from time to time.
 
“ You haven’t tell me though, where is this place? ” Sungjong asked the man when he finally felt comfortable now.
 
“ Oh yeah! ” he laughed and Sungjong thought it was a sweet and charming one. “ Since I can’t bring you home yesterday, I called my bestfriend and he gave me this address. I took you in for a while and left when he arrived. Then he called me this earlier that he has to do something else so that’s why I’m here.”
 
“ How about you, don’t you have anything to do? ”
 
“ I got no classes today ” the man smiled.
 
And Sungjong returned it with a smile too, “ May I know the name of the angel who had saved me ? ”
 
The stranger reached out his right arm for a handshake, “ I’m Dong Woo. ”
 
 
 
When Myungsoo arrived at school, Woohyun and Sungyeol wasn’t around. The ride to school too was rather an awkward situation for him and his new driver, Hoya. He doesn’t know how to react at the guy especially when only yesterday they ransacked the older’s home. He doesn’t know what to say when Hoya told him the reason he was late. Sungjong went missing since yesterday and just called in this morning to only point out that he won’t coming till tomorrow.
 
Myungsoo somehow doesn’t like Sungjong’s attitude. Sungyeol had told him and Woohyun how bratty the kid could get. Even though he can’t judge him just by what others say about, he couldn’t help but feel furious on how Sungjong’s being irresponsible and making his older brother worry.
 
‘ Is this what Sungkyu-hyung feels too whenever I am out late for too long? ’
‘ Is Sungyeol worried too that’s why he decided not to attend class today? ’
‘ What about Woohyun though? Does he know? Did Sungyeol tell him? I thought I am his bestfriend? ’
‘ Am I? ’
 
Myungsoo rumpled his hair to frustration, “ Aish !! ” and soon after he cut classes. “ If they are not going to tell me anything, I won’t either. ”
 
 
 
Sungkyu sent Myungsoo a message stating that he won’t come home for tonight due to business matters. He feels at ease leaving his brother to Hoya. ‘ That man though ’ he thought while driving on his way to his apartment which he bought when he was still studying. Ever since Hoya walked into the room to his office that day, he can’t help but give all smiles to the boy. He was amazed by how a young man can be ever so hard-working. Hoya is on the last year of being a teenager, applying for a part-time job. He said he is willing to accept anything even a cleaner.
 
Therefore Sungkyu decided to hire him as a full-timer, meaning much bigger salaries but that is if he would be the driver for his brother. It’s not that he doesn’t want to drive for him anymore. Things are getting busier at the office. Add to that his parents who were bugging him to set his mind for marriage. Scratch that for the moment, he’s off to something that has been on his mind since yesterday, except Hoya of course.
 
 
 
 
 
“ Do you love him? ” Sungyeol asked Woohyun.
 
“ Do you? ” and Woohyun answered him with a question too.