Nine

She's My Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Narrator POV 

“Dude are you crazy?”

“Hyung you could’ve died!”

“What if you can’t dance anymore?”

“It wasn’t worth it!”

“Why did you do it?”

Yeah, why? Mark would like to know that too. He laid on the hospital bed trying hard to recollect his broken memories. Mark drowned their voices out til they became low murmurs like a distance rumble of thunder. Staring at the playing video of his heroic act on the phone, Mark's vision zoned in on the falling pole.

~Flashback~

“Boo!” Lydia hopped onto Mark’s back and wrapped her hands around his broad shoulders.

“Hey,” Mark could already feel his drowsiness fade away upon her presence. Calmly he took her palm and planted a kiss on it.

“You’re not shocked,” Lydia pouted as she got off his back.

Mark pointed at the oven prop in front of him, it had a reflective surface.

Lydia’s face flushed with embarrassment.

“Classes are over?” Mark asked and Lydia nodded, “I brought you dinner!”

She ped her backpack, “It’s from your favourite hamburger place.”

“Thanks Babe,” Mark had actually detect the smell long before.

“I went to your dorm first,” Lydia spoke as she watched her boyfriend inhaled the food in abnormally large bite sizes. “But Bobby told me that you’re still at the set,” she frowned, “I thought you were part of the techcrew, why are you building the set alone at night?”

“The set designer class is collaborating with us. The teacher wanted me to stay behind and do some last minute checks before tomorrow’s shoot,” Mark replied with a cough, both his cheeks were fully stuff with meat.

“Eat slower,” Lydia took a napkin to wipe some mayonnaise off the corner of his mouth, “I’ll go and buy another one if you’re still hungry afterwards.”

Mark’s eyebrows touched the tip of his hairline, he swallowed and spoke more clearly, “No way! I’m not making you go out in the dark.”

“I have to walk back anyways,” Lydia shrugged.

Mark rolled his eyes, “Like I’ll let you go alone… I’m walking you home idiot.”

“I thought you’re not done though,” she had taken a glance at Mark’s clipboard and he had only gone through half of the list.

“I’ll take you home and comeback,” Mark reasoned.

“Or… I can just stay here with you,” Lydia was already exploring the set. It was honestly pretty cool to see how things were put into place before making it a scene in a move. The amount of manpower needed for one short scene is incredible.

“Hey, it’s JYP,” she stopped in front of a wall beside a street post.

“Our teacher’s a fan,” Mark went beside her, “he thought it would be nice to do some free advertising.

“Ah…” Lydia’s eyes travelled around the set taking in every inch of detail. She hated to admit it but she now regret switching majors. Originally she was doing film and theater but just before the year stared she changed to biology.

Being completely absorbed in the colorful, hollow wall full of graffiti, she lost grasp of the things around her and it wasn’t until Mark shouted a, “Watch out!” when she had noticed the decending lamp post.

Everything afterwards was a blur. 

When her vision cleared again she saw Mark’s face a few inches from her's, both of them were now in a horizontal position on the ground. Mark’s breathing was uneven and his eyes scanned her face wildly like he was finding some kind of an indicating that she was alright.

“A-Are you okay?” she asked when her brain finally registered.

Mark had just took a hit for her.

Both had adjusted to a more comfortable sitting position. Lydia gently ran her hand down Mark’s back and sides to make sure he wasn’t injured anywhere.

“Y-Yeah,” relief flooded his face when he knew that she was fine, “They built it this afternoon, I guess not everything is stable.”

“You shouldn’t have done that,” Lydia felt guilty, it was her fault for standing in the wrong place at the wrong time, “You’re just lucky that the lampshad

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter