Twenty Six

She's My Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Narrator POV

Suzy pressed the number seven on the elevator and waited for the door to close. In her hands was a bag that held Mark’s blazer. She had gotten it washed and ironed. It was now ready to be returned to him.

Stepping out of the elevator she walked down the familiar hall and rang the doorbell but before her finger could even touch the button, the door opened.

“JB TOSS ME THE KEYS!”

“YOU ARE NOT DRIVING WHEN YOU ARE HUNGOVER!”

Frustrated, Mark turned his head around.

Suzy smiled, “Hey Mark –...”

She almost toppled over when a bold blur ran past her followed by a shorter blur.

“WAIT MARK!” Jackson hollered after the older one, “LET ME CALL MANAGER HYUNG!”

After recollecting herself, semi annoyed, Suzy tried to go into the room but two more shadows skid by racing one after another on their heels.

“What – you –… AM I INVISIBLE?” she huffed.

“Bambam stop eating let’s go!” she heard Yugyeom call followed by a serious of “Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!” and moments later the two makanes showed up with Yugyeom hulling Bambam by his ears.

“You stop!” Bambam tried to wacked Yugyeom’s head and narrowly missed Suzy’s face by an inch since he couldn’t see.

“Is nobody going to tell me what is happening?” she stomped her foot and her heel broke again.

Sighing, she bent down to remove the shoe and when she straightened, the door was slammed in her face. Youngjae was in front of it shoving the key in and locking it.

“Whoa…” she grabbed him by the collar before he could run off, “What’s going on?”

“I don’t know,” Youngjae replied honestly, “I just woke up and saw everyone running out. Maybe we’re late for a schedule,” he shrugged waiting for Suzy to let go.

Judging by his pom pomsocks and messy bed hair that was stuck in all directions Suzy believed him and released her hold.

Almost instantly Youngjae disappeared down the hall and out the corner.

 

*                      *                      *

 

“Have you found her?”

“Nope, we’ve rung her doorbell for the past five minutes and nobody answered so now we’re searching in the neighbourhood,” Junior’s voice chirped on the other end trying to relieve some of Mark’s stress.

Mark sighed and hung up before dialing another number asking the same question.

“Sorry Hyung,” the maknae’s voice came from the other end, “Bambam said he could find her but just ended up leading us to a fishcake stand. I’ve slapped him for you already. We’ll keep looking, don’t worry Hyung!”

Hanging up again and dialing again waiting impatiently for the other to pick up.

“MARK HYUNG!” Youngjae’s voice blasted, “Thank god you called, I was going down Seoul and now I’m lost and – …”

Mark hung up and threw his phone down.

“Hey,” Jackson who was also in the car with him placed a hand on Mark’s bicep, “We’re all trying our best. Nothing will happen to her. I promise.”

Mark didn’t answer. He was scared. He was scared that the never ending nightmare was haunting him again.

This was just like five years ago.

I wake up… and she is gone.

Tears of frustration accumulated in Mark’s eyes but he refused to let them leak.

Why was fate being so cruel to him, what has he ever done that angered the heavens this much? Why does he deserve this?

Wasn’t once enough?

“Mark,” his manager’s voice cut through his thoughts, “The company wants you back at the building.”

“No,” he refused stubbornly.

“I’m sorry Mark, but you’ve already angered JYP quite a bit lately. He wants to talk to you regarding your contract with Suzy and he sounded stern on the phone…”

“I don’t care,” Mark scoffed like a three year old.

Their manager looked at Jackson helplessly.

“Yo,” Jackson made Mark face him, “You should go. The crew will keep looking. We will contact you as soon as we find her.”

Mark shook his head obdurately.

“Why are you doing this to yourself?!” Jackson exclaimed tossing his hands up in the air, “Five years ago Mark, you threw everything away when she left. Now it is happening agai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter