Nineteen

She's My Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Narrator POV

“YAH! KANG DAESUNG LET ME OUT NOW!” Lydia banged her fist on the locked door. 

There was no answer. 

“KANG DAESUNG YOU ARE FIRED!” she raged and kicked the door with all her might, stumbled backwards and collided with a broad chest.  

“What’s going on?” 

He had caught her in his warm arms. 

“S-Sorry Mark,” her cheeks flushed, “I didn’t know that someone was in here.” 

“Mhmm,” he couldn’t help but whimper a bit on the inside when he saw her retract. It was like having your favourite toy being taken away in preschool. He brushed it off and inserted his hands in his back pockets to prevent them from reaching out to her. 

“I- um, ah,” Lydia’s eyes scanned the room quickly, it consisted of nothing but an old table with missing chairs I’m so going to kill Daesung, “Um,” she looked back at Mark, “Do you have your phone on you?” 

“Yeah I do,” Mark patted his front pocket only to find it empty. Suzy had been calling him too much so he left his phone at home on purpose.

“Um…” he awkwardly rubbed his neck, “I don’t.” 

Lydia sighed, “You don’t happen to know another way out of the room other than this door right?” 

Mark glanced behind her at the closed double doors, from the way she was punching them earlier, it was clearly locked. 

Taking his silence as a no Lydia inwardly groaned. She walked past him and sat in a corner of the room sulking. 

Mark frowned, “Don’t sit on the ground. It’s cold.”

“Do you see a chair?” Lydia snorted, “And I don’t want to risk falling asleep and falling off a high table.” 

Mark’s eyes flittered around, there wasn’t any furniture but he still didn’t want her to sit on the cold, hard ground, maybe if he… 

“Don’t even think about taking off your jacket.” 

His fingers were still midway in the path to the hem of his hoodie. 

Lydia turned to face the other way, in the past, Mark always used his jacket as a blanket for her. She always protested but he never listened, by the end of the month, Mark didn’t have a single shirt that wasn’t grass stained and Lydia had learned to carry a cloth with her everywhere she went. 

Resting her head against the wall she sighed again before a blur hurled her way turning out the lights. 

“You look tired,” without makeup, her eye bags were visible, her face looked pale, it made Mark worry more, “Sleep if you want to.” 

She wanted to toss the jacket back, part of it was also because Mark looked dangerous attractive with a simple black long sleeve T that outlined his muscles whenever he moved. She wanted to give it back but the radiating heat and the familiar presence of his scent always gave her comfort and security made her curl her fingers around it. 

Seeing that she had wrapped the sweater around herself, Mark sat down beside her keeping a safe distance between them. 

“So… care to explain what happened?” he asked casually wanting to strike a conversation. 

“My manager tricked me in and locked the door,” Lydia spoke grimly. 

“Why?” 

“Because of the scandal.” 

“Scandal?” 

“You don’t know?” she looked at Mark. 

He shook his head, “What are you caught up in this time?” 

If it was anybody else who had asked her that question she would have answered it naturally but when it came to Mark, she suddenly didn’t want to say it. 

“A d-drug scandal.” 

“Oh,” Mark’s face was blank for a moment before he laughed, “That’s insane.” 

“You didn’t see the article,” she talked quietly, “They even had a picture.” And it wasn’t photo shopped.  

Mark shook his head before turning serious, “What are you implying?” 

She remained silent. What did she want?

“If you think I’ll believe in that crap then you are out of your mind,” Mark snorted, “I know you Lyddie, you’re not t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter