Thirty Three

She's My Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Narrator POV

~Flashback~

“Are you really satisfied?”

“Even a blind person can see that I am not,” she scowled.

“Then shouldn’t you do something about it other than drinking yourself to death?”

He stood in the middle of her living room with an amused smile as she stayed sprawled out on her luxurious couch with a bottle of liquor raised between her lips.

“I can’t,” she slurred.

He shook his head in pity, “Who knew that the great Bae Suzy could ever look so pathetic.”

 “What do you want me to do?” she raised her voice annoyed, “I’ll get fired if I release anything more to the media.”

“That’s only because you weren’t careful the first time and got caught,” he reasoned.

“That stupid reporter…” Suzy’s grip on her bottle tightened, “I thought I gave her enough money to keep shut.”

“We all know there is only one real way to keep someone’s mouth shut,” he ran his finger across his neck in a slicing motion.

Suzy snorted, “Please, we’re living a reality here not a movie.”

“I can turn your reality into a movie,” he snapped his fingers and the lights in the room dimmed, “I can help you get your revenge too.”

“That’s what you said last time too,” Suzy sat up, “And look where we’re at. Mark is planning to marry her.”

“That’s because you’ve never fully accepted my help,” he smiled showing a perfect row of teeth.

“I still can’t trust you,” she said.

“That’s your choice,” he materialized something in the air and placed it in his palm.

“If you want my help then do me a favour,” he unwrapped his fingers around the object.

Suzy saw what it was and screamed, “A DEAD RAT.”

“Shh…” he gently the unmoving creature in his hands, “You’re going to scare away its spirit.”

“T-Take it away,” she ordered.

He only placed it on her coffee table, “This little fellow passed away yesterday because of a mouse trap. Its spirit is furious. I’ve currently made it dormant but it will wake up in 48 hours so you have 48 hours to make your decision.”

“What decision?”

“I need you to plant this in Lydia’s house.”

“H-How?” she stuttered.

“With your connections, I’m sure you can find a way,” he gave her a last warning, “Just know, after 48 hours it’s going to shift into its real form and that won’t be pretty… so even if you’re not planning to take up my offer… do dispose this little fellow somewhere far so you don’t hurt your pretty self...”

~End of Flashback~

Taking a deep breath, Suzy hugged the box tighter before reaching out with shaky fingers.

Not surprisingly, with a few dollars, she now held Lydia’s address and house code in her head. It was almost kind of scary how easily it was for her to get a hold of the singer’s private information. Their company really needed better security.

A little beep indicated that the door was unlocked.

She quietly poked her head in, after confirming that nobody was home, she allowed herself in. Originally she was going to drop off her little present and leave swiftly but the pictures on the wall distracted her.

Most of them were frames of Haru.

Honestly speaking, Suzy had nothing against Haru. In fact she fell in love with the kid at first glance. There was something in Haru’s eyes that reminded Suzy so much of her younger self. They were both kids with big dreams, unaware of the world’s ugliness because they were always protected in their parent’s arms.

Except Suzy was a bit luckier… she had two parents.

Up until now, Haru only had her mom. She recently reunited with her dad however no matter how deep the father-daughter bond is it can’t replace five years of his absence in a few minutes.

They needed years more to create a stable relationship where Haru will truly feel sheltered.

Did Suzy really want to take away Haru’s security?

She loved Mark.

Ever since she first laid eyes on that boy her world had never been the same. Whenever she went shopping and stood in front of the mirror, she’d twirl in her dress and wonder if Mark would like this outfit.

At that time, he was still with Lydia.

She stood on the sidelines and watched her hoobaes in silence… they looked like the happiest people on earth… her envy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter