Ten

She's My Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lydia POV

“Mommy! Mommy! I want to eat fish cakes!”

Due to Mark’s injury filming had been postponed and I was given free time to spend with Haru. We were walking around the neighbourhood. I had a mask in my pocket but we lived in a discrete place and most of the time, I was able to go out without being recognised.

“Mommy!” Haru grabbed my hand to get my attention, “Fishcakes!” she spoke endearingly and pointed at a stand not too far away.

I nodded giving her my approval and Haru jumped in joy. She ran to the stall leisurely  and asked for two cups with an extra serving a ddukbokki to take home for her uncles.

I followed her absentmindedly.

Mark was in the hospital. It had made it onto the headlines, right under the video of him rescuing Suzy.

Got7’s comeback was pushed back again but what worried me the most was Mark. He was hurt and he always had a habit of dismissing it, whether the injury was big or small he’d make it seem like nothing to not concern the ones around him.

“Mommy!” Haru’s voice rung through, “The money Mommy!”

“Oh,” I realised that the stand owner was waiting for me to pay, “Sorry,” I dug out a few bills and told them to keep the change.

I took the plastic bags and Haru was holding a fishcake in each hand.

We went to the local playground. Haru ran to the slides, I’d usually follow and play with but today I sat in one of the benches. My thumb hovered over the call button while my index finger repetitively pressed the power button.

“Mommy!” Haru called, “Can you push me?” she asked as her legs dangled off the swing.

I shoved my phone in my bag and gladly made my way to the swing set.

“Higher Mommy!” Haru giggled as she swung in the air.

“Close your eyes,” I told her, “You’ll feel like you’re flying.”

“I’m scared to Mommy,” Haru kept her eyes open, “What if I fall.”

“You won’t!” Donghae came out of nowhere, “I’ll catch you with my fast reflexes.

“Move over,” Donghae told me and he stood in my place to push Haru.

“If you’re wondering,” he told me in a hushed tone, “I sneaked into the hospital, he’s okay.”

I bit my lip. Of course he’s okay. In front of others he’s always okay, he would never allow himself to show weakness in front of others even if he was on the verge of dying, he’d still be stubborn and act alright.

Donghae sighed, “You have to see for yourself don’t you.”

My eyes pleaded silently.

“Haru!” Donghae called, “Let’s go to the aquarium today!”

“Fish!!!” Haru hopped off the swing, “Let’s go!” one of her hands went up to grab Donghae and the other grabbed her Mommy’s hand.

“Mommy can’t go to crowded places,” Donghae reminded Haru gently.

Haru’s smile fell immediately and it made my heart clench. It was an agreement made with my company and I had no power over it. Daesung had tried his best during the negotiation before signing the contract but it failed. The company would order my schedule so that I had enough time to spend with Haru but Haru could never appear in public with me. I had to keep her a secret. 

"Especially from Mark. Mark is... let's just say that now is a very crucial period for Mark and no one is to interfer." 

Those were JYP's exact words. He didn't seem interested in Haru's origin but just concerned with her current whereabouts.

“Haru,” I hated to do this but we’ve moved to Seoul for a week already and the only place she’d been was home and JYPE. She was at an age of growth and she needed to surround herself with more than a wooden playground, “Go with Uncle Donghae, Mommy promise than when you comeback I will be at home making Haru’s favourite rice rolls okay?”

Being a good girl Haru nodded and Donghae carried her into the car.

“Be careful,” he closed the car door and showed me a map of the hospital, “here,” he pointed at a dot, “is the side door, nurses and doctors go through that door during their lunch breaks. It’s 3 in the afternoon right now nobody should be using that entrance. You can go in from there. Mark is in room 303.”

I groan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter