Thirty Four

She's My Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Narrator POV

“Hold it for three… two… one… and cut!” the director snapped his fingers satisfactorily, “That’s the last scene for today. Great work everybody!”

“Thank you for the hard work.”

“See you tomorrow!”

“Good job!”

“Thank you,” Lydia bowed nonstop as she passed the stylists, cameramen, director, and the rest of the crew.

“Here.”

She stopped when she saw a water bottle in front of her face, “T-Thanks,” she received it and wrapped her hands around it.

“Tired?” he asked while leading her to the exit.

“I’m okay,” she responded.

Honestly it was too soon to place a judgement on her new manager. He didn’t do anything wrong but she barely knew anything about him other than his name. JYP informed her that he had an impressive resume and reassured her that Seungri was the most suitable replacement for Daesung when in reality, his presence only made her miss Daesung more and more.

Seungri was on the quieter side. He offered her smiles and small talk but most of the time he would be negotiating with the director or on the phone booking her next schedule. Maybe because Daesung was more of her friend than a manager but she wasn’t used to having her manager be so… manager like.

Lydia knew that she should be thankful for such a devoted companion but a part of her missed Daesung’s clumsiness. She really didn’t mind missing a schedule or having a free day once in a while because Daesung forgot to call the collaborating company.

“Your car is here,” he opened the door for her, “Do you need me to send you home?”

“That’s okay. I’ll take it from here,” she entered the car, “Thank you for… today.”

He chuckled at her words, “You make it sound like a one day thing.”

“Oh,” Lydia didn’t realize, “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean…”

Seungri dismissed her, “You’re tired, you need to rest.”

“You do too,” she bit her bottom lip, “But how did you like your first day?”

He leaned against the van, “You’re a lot easier to work with than my… past clients.”

A small laugh escaped her lips, “Well that’s a relief to hear.”

“It is,” he grinned and waved, “Rest well.”

“Bye,” she waved back and closed the door. From the rear mirror, she saw him standing there with both hands in his pockets getting smaller and smaller as her car moved away.

Once he was completely out of sight she slouched in the back seat and took out her phone, eyes scanning her texts. The most important one was from Minzy telling her that Haru was with Got7.

Without hesitating, Lydia dialed Mark’s number.

“Kiwi Head!”

A small smile surfaced when she heard him using her old nickname, “Mark.”

“Miss me already?” he teased, “We saw each other in the morning.”

“I want to talk to Haru,” she revealed her real motive.

The line went quiet for a moment. Lydia could practically see Mark pouting through the phone.

“She’s not here,” Mark answered after he finished pouting, “JB took her out.”

“What are you doing?”

“Practicing,” Mark groaned, “and I’m exhausted.”

Moving the phone to her other ear Lydia spoke again, “Are you coming over tonight?”

“Heck yes.”

Mark’s eagerness made her laugh.

“Actually I was thinking about moving into a new place with you and Haru,” he confessed, “I looked into some condos and phoned them. They said we can visit tomorrow. Do you have time?”

“Yup,” she just came back so her schedule was fairly light, “But Mark…”

“Wait no. Don’t say it,” he suddenly cut her off, “I know I’m going kind of fast but honestly I just don’t want to lose any more time with you and Haru.”

“Mark…”

 “I want to start building our home as fast as possible.”

“Mark..”

“I swear I will never love anybody else except for you.”

“Mark.”

“And if you’re worried about Haru, I double swear I’ll be good to her.”

“That’s nice Mark but I just wanted to tell you that Haru really loves nature so it’d be good if our new place is near a park or has a nice garden.”

“Oh…”

Lydia couldn’t hold in her laugh anymore.

On the other line, Mark felt immensely stupid.

“You’re cute,” she giggl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter