Eight

She's My Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Lydia POV “I was what?” I couldn’t believe my ears and yet these two idiots seemed to be persistent.

“Really! You were glowing!” Donghae didn’t stop, “But not in that nice halo way, it was more dark and devilish.”

“The demon is waking up,” Daesung was swirling a tube of bright orange stuff in his hand.

I covered my face with my hands and groaned. So apparently, I had fainted earlier at the set. Daesung claimed to have smuggled me out of there just in time before the reporters could notice and write some wicked scandals. When I woke up I was at home in bed. The first thing I saw was Haru’s teary face and then the two wizards with cocked eyebrows in opposite directions.

“Don’t tell me you didn’t feel anything strange or out of character lately,” Donghae found this as a good time to resume their ‘little talk’ from a few days ago. “and the lamp post falling… that was no accident.”

I bit my lip remembering again that foreign serge of passionate hate on the first day.  “Okay maybe I was…out of the normal but if you are accusing me of purposely trying to kill someone with a lamp then that will be the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard.”

“Exactly, you didn’t push the pole the demon made you push it,” Daesung reasoned and Donghae argued back, “You also called us ridiculous in the beginning.”

“Yeah until you decided to walk out of a wall and scare the life out of me,” I mumbled. Clearly they weren’t going to give up, so I gave in “Fine if it’s like what you claimed to be, a… a demon, how come I was fine all along until today?”

“Correction, you were fine all along until you saw Mark,” Donghae smirked smugly, “I knew something was wrong after returning from JYPE building.”

“Because you saw your ex making out with someone else and you got jealous… and it woke the demon up,” Daesung poured contents from the tube into small molds.

“What’s a demon doing inside of me in the first place?” I asked exasperatedly, still not believing them 100% but still…

“That,” Daesung snapped his fingers and an oven appeared, “Is something I don’t know,” he placed the tray of molds into the oven, “But I suspect that it has something to do with your family heritage… you said your parents died in an accident, do you know what kind of an accident it was?”

“I don’t know,” my voice turned quiet, “I-I don’t know anything about them, my foster parents said that my file had zero information on my parents. It just said that they had both passed away…”

Daesung squinted, making his normally small eyes disappear completely, “That’s strange… usually they’ll have some information like their names. So your sir name is…”

“A random one given by the Social Worker at the orphanage…” I replied.

“Ah…” Daesung nodded, “So that’s why I haven’t found any records of Wizard’s with the last name Lee having kids with a human…”

“You think my parents are wizards?” I looked at Daesung, slightly bewildered.

“At least one of them is a wizard or they were people that were closely associated with wizards.  That’s just my suspicion,” Daesung clarified, “I don’t have any proof but demons usually don't just target anyone. They always have a motive.”

“Oh…” a part of me couldn’t help but be disappointed. Even if they’ve been ‘dead’ for twenty years already, I would still like that have a picture of them. If anything, I wanted to know their names…  to know my name… my real name.

“Wait hold on, so if I’m… fine say I am a demon, shouldn’t I be dangerous? Nobody should be around me,” I suddenly felt nervous, “What about Haru, I can’t-…”

“Okay there slow down,” Donghae pulled out his thick spectacles, and opened a book, “According to my research, you are not, a demon, but simply a host for the demon. The demon got into your body when you were young. The reason is unknown, and because the demon has been dormant up until now, we don’t know what kind of a spirit it is so we don’t know what it wants. But clearly, Mark seems to be able to stir up quite the reaction of the demon, and Haru, contrastingly, is able to calm the demon down and send it back to a dormant stage.”

“So…” I listened to his words carefully, “Haru…”

“Haru seems so be able to suppress the devilish spirit in you, which means that the dark soul inside can’t do anything around Haru,” Donghae closed his book and shrunk it back to pocket size, “This is why both Daesung and I were shocked to find you giving off a devilish glow on the way home, but after you got home and Haru ran to you, the dark aura disappeared.”

“So what you’re saying is so stay away from Mark?” I asked trying to wrap my head around their theory.

“That’s just a prediction,” Donghae warned, “Though it’s inevitable, that you’ll see him since you’re under the same company… and acting in the same drama.”

“For all we know, the demon cou
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter