Seventeen

She's My Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Narrator POV 

“Mark!” 

The music stopped again. This time, their choreographer seemed annoyed. 

“What day is it? Drop in for a visit day?” Jackson groaned. 

Suzy blinked her big eyes innocently, “Someone else came?” 

Youngjae opened his mouth but JB cut him off, “Nobody.” 

“Oh,” she didn’t seem bothered, and continued to look for Mark, “Oppa! I brought you some congee.” 

She walked over and her skirt flowed gracefully around her thighs, “Oppa,” she pouted once she reached Mark, “I saw reports about you being in the hospital, I was so worried. I called you so many times but you never picked up.” 

“My phone died,” Mark fibbed. 

“Mark!” their choreographer barked. 

“Let’s meet some other time,” Mark spoke quickly before jogging back to join the rest of his team leaving Suzy haywire. 

 

*                      *                      *

 

Unlocking the door with one arm, Lydia felt Haru stir in her other arm. The girl was growing fast and constantly carrying her was becoming a burden but every time the younger one stretched out her little arms, Lydia couldn’t refuse. Haru understood enough to not ask Lydia to do airplanes or superman rides, her daughter was already missing out, it just reminded Lydia again the impossibilities of being both parents.   

All the lights in her house were turned off, she kept the one in the hall closed and flicked on the kitchen lights. After her vision adjusted, she noticed several dishes on the table filled with some of hers and Haru’s favourite cuisine. From the rising steam they probably just came out of the oven. 

“Surprise!” 

Donghae tackled her from behind successfully startling Haru from her nap. 

“Uncle Hae…” Haru whined and buried her head deep into her mother’s neck. 

“Ta Da!” Daesung came out from the kitchen in a pink apron covered with white daisies holding the rice. 

Lydia raised a brow, she was sure that the apron didn’t belong to her. 

“Are you touched? Ouch!” Donghae rubbed his stomach and glared at Daesung. 

“Mhmm,” Lydia patted Haru who just noticed the food on the table. 

“We’re sorry,” Daesung rambled, “We didn’t realise how much of our life we were controlling. You’re not a pushover we were just selfish.” 

“Yeah,” Donghae nodded eagerly, “You’re way too prickly to be a pushover, Owwww,” he rubbed his side again. 

“From now on we’ll discuss everything with you,” Daesung promised. 

“And get your permission,” Donghae piped up. 

“So…” Daesung blazed a megawatt smile, “Are we forgiven?” 

The two stared at Lydia expectantly. 

“Uncle Hae this rice roll tastes awesome!” Haru munched cheerfully. 

“You haven’t wash your hand yet!” Daesung exclaimed, “And by the way, I made that.” Then he focused his attention back on Lydia, “So?” 

“Haru likes your cooking,” she slowed her speech to create tension, “So you’re forgiven.” 

“YES!!!” the two wizards jumped up and down excitedly while clapping like seals. 

Lydia smiled at the scene, honestly, even if they hadn’t pulled this fancy table of dinner, she still would have forgave them. They’ve spent the hardest five years with her helping to raise Haru. To Lydia, as bizarre as it sounds, she had already viewed her two kidnappers as family. 

Everybody settled around the dinner table chattering jubilantly about their day only Lydia was munching glumly on her carrot. 

“Oh sorry,” Daesung spoke sheepishly, “I forgot that you hated carrots.” 

“Huh?” Lydia looked at her fork, “Oh,” she didn’t even notice what she was eating. 

“Mommy I’m done!” Haru wiped her hands on a napkin, “Thank you for the delicious dinner Wizard Uncles!” 

Donghae ruffled her hair affectionately before sending her off to play.

“Hey,” Lydia chirped trying to sound casual, “Can I ask you something?” 

The two men stopped eating to look at her. 

She made sure Haru was out of earshot, “So like, I know the whole Amazon deal is dangerous, but is there a chance, just a slight chance, that maybe… It’s not a big deal?” 

The two stared at her like she had gone nuts. 

“I-I mean, around Mark, I’ve been feeling fine, and nothing seems out of the normal, and I know the whole killing for ignition, but Haru is already born and nothing happened, I just… I just…” 

“You’ve been seeing Mark a lot lately haven’t you?” Donghae sounded genuinely concerned. 

Lydia

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter