Twenty One

She's My Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lydia POV 

“Here.” 

I took the water bottle from Daesung,” Thanks,” but all I could do was fist it tightly. 

Five minutes. That was all I had before I become… ruined.  

“Hey,” he placed a hand over my knee to stop it from jiggling, “They can’t force you,” he reminded gently. 

I smiled sadly yeah you could say that nobody could control what came out of my mouth but really… the alternative wasn’t much better. 

My throat dried, “He’s… he’s not coming right?” I stared down at the floor. I was committing a sin and the last thing I wanted was for him to see it… live. 

“He’s not on the guest list-…” 

“Lydia! One minute!” the director called. 

“Remember,” Daesung gave my hand one last squeeze, “No matter what happens, I’ll always have your back.” 

Forcing an uneasy smile, I stood up and allowed myself to be guided out by the crew. 

“Stand by!” I heard the voice in my headset, “The press conference starts in 3… 2… 1!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Narrator POV

“I thought you said you wanted to go to the Greek restaurant.” 

“Min introduced me to an Italian one, I think it is better,” Suzy interlaced her hands with her boyfriend, “It’s this way let’s go!” 

Without thinking much, Mark allowed himself to be dragged away. 

Today’s the last day.

He knew that the more she smiled now, the more she’ll cry later but there was nothing between them. He had to break it eventually and he decided to do it tonight. Today, he’d fulfil his role of being the adequate boyfriend he never was and tonight, he was breaking up with her. 

JYP was going to throw a fit but there wasn’t anything Mark could do. Their contract was ending next week and there’s no way he’d re-sign that thing. 

“Why are we stopping here?” Mark squinted at the sun; they had arrived in front of a crowded building. Mark saw many cameras flash through the glass walls. 

“They’re holding something here!” Suzy appeared excited and turned to Mark, “Want to see who it is?” 

Before Mark could protest, Suzy had already got them in; somehow, magically the security didn’t say anything. 

“A press conference?” Mark eyed the microphone stand, “Your friend’s?” 

“I don’t know?” she smiled at him, “But it’s never a bad thing to give them support.” She looked around and pulled Mark behind a banner, “In case we don’t know the person and get kicked out.” 

Tugging down his cap a bit, Mark shoved his hands into his pockets. 

When the noise from the crowd gradually died, the guest stepped up stage and was bombarded immediately with questions. 

“Lydia-shi is it true?” 

“What do you have to say about the incident?” 

“Where was that photo taken?” 

“When did your drug use start?” 

Mark glared at the girl beside him, “You knew didn’t you!” 

Suzy blinked her big eyes, “Andwae, how would I? It’s not like you don’t know the company’s policy with secrecy.” 

Directing his attention back to the stage, he saw Lydia counter attacking all the questions one by one. Her voice was easy going and her stance radiated confidence. She every word was predominant. A single second wasn’t wasted. 

But that was all on the surface. 

Little details like the way her fingers curled on the side of the stand, her casual yet timed movements of her head. To anyone else, she looked cute with her head cocked, to Mark, it was a signal that she was stressed and tense. 

“It was obviously a scandal,” her words that appeared to flow smoothly were stressed on the end; “A scandal like this, not only ruins my reputation but more so my company. I find it funny actually; that people believe such an outrageous rumour because a company like JYPE will most definitely discover and banish artists with such behavior.”

“If what you said is true, Miss. Lee, can you share with us of your whereabouts in the past five years?” a reporter with beady eyes asked. 

“Miss. Lee! Miss. Lee! Is it true that you were in Texas?” 

“I heard that you left because the company wasn’t paying you well enough!” 

Mark watched as the crew worked hard to clear the chaos insisting on one question at a time. 

“I think the question on everybody’s mind,” one journalist with an exceptionally deep voice spoke, “Is why you left five years ago.” 

An alarm went off in Lydia’s head. The bomb was finally dropped. 

“Okay,” a voice rang in her ear piec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter