Thirteen

She's My Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lydia POV

“Are you sure you don’t want to take the day off?” Daesung asked for the fifth time since we’ve entered the studio.

“Yeah,” I mumbled.

“But you’re sick,” Daesung held up a mirror, “Have you seen yourself?”

I pushed the mirror away, “Nothing the makeup artists can’t fix.” My nose was stuffy and I felt like trash, probably caught a cold last night for falling asleep without a blanket. Still I insisted on attending the photo shoot, not so much for the exposure, but just something to keep me busy.

I needed to get my mind off of demons.

“It’s three hours,” I reasoned with my manager, “There’ll be a lot of staffs so you don’t need to be here,” I knew that it was their annual Wizard Greet & Meet and Daesung had to attend.

“Donghae is with Haru, they’ll pick me up when it’s over.”

Daesung sighed finally giving in, “Fine. Just don’t cause too much commotion while I’m gone.”

“No problem,” I tiredly, “You’re the one that starts the commotion anyways.”

He flicked me on the forehead lightly, “Just be careful. I was trying to sight see into the future yesterday.”

I looked at him, “Anything new?”

It’s been years but he still hadn’t mastered it, Daesung shrugged, “Not really, just saw some dark clouds… who knows what they stand for. Anyways I have to go. I’ll be back around dinner time. Can you make mandus today?”

I laughed, wizard or not, he had the same taste buds as humans, “Yeah sure, see you later.”

Daesung snapped his fingers and a portal opened. He glanced at me one last time with a worried look he warned, “Stay safe,” and then materialized into the portal.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Narrator POV

“A left turn here, you can just park on the side, thank you.”

Once the car stopped JB paid the driver and stepped out. He was wearing a snapback, sunglasses, and a huge scarf. He had to change taxis three times just to be sure.

Taking out the neatly folded piece of paper, he began searching for the address.

It had taken Yugyeom two scowling from JYP to buy enough time for Junior to hack into their CEO’s computer. From there, they got Lydia’s address. They had all agreed on letting JB come alone, the other’s missions were to diverge the fan’s attention and Jackson was ordered to keep Mark company making up for their unexplained absence.

The address on the paper led JB to a nice little neighborhood with a beautiful garden. It was a discrete place. Normally people would have a hard time finding it on the map or even just over look and miss it.

It was a typical place for a celebrity to stay at.

JB made his way to the front entrance but before he could buzz her up the door beeped open.

“Uncle Hae try and catch me!”

“Haru don’t run you’ll fall!”

“Oomph.”

JB felt the impact on his legs.

“You okay?” he squat down to help Haru up.

“Yeah,” Haru dusted off her new coat and then looked up, “It’s you!” she recognized the ice cream man.

“Hi,” JB couldn’t help but smile when he saw her. Something about the kid brought out his affectionate side.

“Haru, oh no…” Donghae mentally face palmed when he saw who had caught Haru.

JB greeted the other male politely before Haru intercepted and asked, “Do you live here too?”

“I have a friend who lives here,” JB replied. It wasn’t exactly a lie.

“Oh,” Haru went into deep thought for a moment, “Then… then… you don’t have time to get ice cream with me today?”

“Haru we’re going to the zoo today,” Donghae attempted to interfere but Haru didn’t let him. Instead Haru asked, “Uncle Hae can we bring him with us?” she was holding JB’s hand.

“Haru,” Donghae tried to explain, “He’s here to see his friend, he has his own plans…”

“Are you busy today?” Haru asked JB.

“Actually I... no,” JB stared at Haru’s huge eyes, “My friend wasn’t… home.”

“Can you come with us to the zoo then?” Haru’s vo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter