Three

She's My Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lydia POV

“Yo, are you okay?” Donghae placed a glass of water in front of me.

I looked up at him, “Yeah why?”

“You’ve been drawing circles for,” he glanced at his watch, “One full hour.”

I held the paper up, he was right, it was filled with scribbles that could be classified as circles. I awkwardly tried to cover up the paper with my arm.

“Okay, what’s up?” Donghae sat down determined to get something out of you. He’s been sensing something strange since your trip back from JYPE building.

My eyes flickered to the clock, “Doesn’t your warlock lessons start at 9?”

“Yeah,” Donghae replied not getting why you asked, you usually didn’t muddle with their magic business.

“It’s 8:58.”

“Oh ,” Donghae’s eyes went wide, “Daesung will kill me if he doesn’t find me on the other side of the portal,” he got up and ran out.

“But this talk isn’t over!” Donghae popped his head back out of the corner, “I will be back!” with two fingers he did the ‘I’m watching you sign’ before completely disappearing into the portal.

I sighed and recycled the sheet of paper. Honestly speaking, my thoughts were everywhere and I couldn’t focus on anything. At last I decided to visit Haru, hopefully my daughter will help me clear my mind.

I walked up the stairs quietly and peeked inside Haru’s room. Unlike me, Haru was bent over on the floor fully concentrated on coloring inside the lines of her drawing.

Unaware of my presence, I went to take a closer look at what she was working on.

“Ah, Mommy!” Haru instantly plopped onto her tummy, she spread herself on the floor successfully covering up everything.

“Hey baby, what are you drawing?” I bent my head to trying to get around her but it was impossible.

“No Mommy,” Haru giggled, “It’s a secret Mommy you can’t see it.”

“Secret,” I pretended to be hurt, “But I thought there were no secrets between Haru and Mommy.”

“A-Aniyo,” Haru’s face lost it’s color, she thought Mommy was really mad, “Haru is just embarrassed.”

“Aww Haru,” I combined my fingers through her hair, “It’s okay Haru, I’m Mommy, nothing is embarrassing in front of Mommy.”

“Fine,” Haru pouted, “Promise me you won’t laugh at Haru,” she held up her pinky.

“Promise,” I laced our pinkies and our thumbs touched.

Haru finally got up from her sprawled position on the ground revealing what she had underneath.

“Wow…” I gasped in awe, “Haru! I think I should send you to an art academy.”

“No Mommy!” Haru latched onto my neck, “Don’t send Haru away, Haru wants to be with Mommy!”

Something about her voice sounded off, when I turned to face her, her cheeks were stained with tears.

“Haru-ah, sorry Haru,” I pecked the tears away, “Mommy just meant that Haru is a great artist, I’m not going to send you anywhere, Mommy loves Haru too much, Mommy will never send you away.”

Haru stared at me with teary eyes, “Promise?”

“Promise,” I assured my daughter and made a mental note to watch my mouth from now on. Maybe it was a period of growth but lately, Haru had been extra sensitive and emotional. In the mornings she would sometimes wake up with tear stained cheeks, when asked, she’d say she couldn’t remember.

“Haru,” I shifted her in my lap, “Do you want to explain the picture to Mommy?”

Not embarrassed anymore, Haru held up her portrait high and proud, “It’s my prince Mommy! The one I met today, Mommy, when will I meet my prince again?” 

“Uh,” I looked at the picture, the work of a five year old, even if it did outshine most five year old paintings, it was still hard to tell who it was, “Haru do you know where you met him?”

“In one of the rooms, there was a group of boys, a lot of people, they were all holding microphones,” Haru tried hard to recall the place.

“They were probably trainees,” I concluded, “If you see your prince again tell Mommy okay?” I was also curious as to what kind of a man could capture my daughter’s heart and make her fall head over heels for him. 

Haru nodded happily, “Mommy, can you help me outline this?”

“Of course,” I took a crayon, “So who else did you meet today while running around by yourself even though you were supposed to be with you uncles?”

“Uncles where late!” Haru defended herself then rocked her head leisurely, “I met Suzy and her cranky head boyfriend.”

The crayon in my hand slipped, “C-Cranky head?” I gently picked the crayon back up.

“Nae,” Haru made a fish face, “He was just like a cranky catfish, one that got woken up from napping.”

“O-Okay,” despite my effort of trying to learn all the types of fishes and their habits, I just couldn’t seem to know them like Haru. I placed the crayon down and made Haru face me.

“Mommy is going to ask you a serious question ok

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter