Twenty Three

She's My Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lydia POV 

 

“Mommy I’m cold.” 

I held on to Haru tighter hoping to transfer some of my body heat to her. 

After the conference today, I brought Haru to her favourite kid’s café and lost track of time. Now it was dark and raining, there were no cabs or buses, and I had been too stupid to bring an umbrella. The two wizards were nowhere in sight and my phone being dead was a lovely bonus. 

“Mommy I’m scared,” Haru whimpered when lightning flashed. 

“Shh…” I tried to calm her down by rubbing her arms, “It’ll be okay. Mommy is here.” 

I looked around a spotted a restaurant. 

“Haru,” I breathed on her cold hands feeling sorry. 

“Mommy your hands are cold too,” Haru frowned and mimicked me to warm my hands. 

“Haru let’s run,” I showed her the restaurant.

“You’ll be drenched,” a voice came from above, “And Haru is going to be sick.” 

“Uncle JB!” Haru spotted him first, “Mommy! It’s Uncle JB! And he has an umbrella! Mommy he’s here to save us!” 

I stood up and turned around. JB and I greeted each other. 

“Uncle JB!” Haru held his hand, “You knew that Mommy and I were cold right? That’s why you came here to get us!” 

JB winked, and ruffled the younger one’s hair. He actually came out to grab a bite since the maknaes ransacked the fridge but the younger one didn’t need to know that.

“The storm isn’t going to stop anytime soon,” JB spoke to me, “and if I’m correct, you don’t live close to here.” 

I nodded, we took the bus here so I had no idea how long it would take to walk.

“If you don’t mind,” JB offered, “Our dorm is near here.” 

My throat went dry. “I um… thank you but I don’t think I’ll be welcomed there…” 

They knew right? Which makes me wonder why JB was even here. He probably hates me just as much as Mark and the others. 

Before the incident five years ago, I got along with Mark’s friends. Eventually Got7 also became my friends and I guess JB could be called my best friend. 

We grew close after he made fun of my freeze during breaking, and I laughed at him for falling in the middle of some fancy footwork. 

Next to Mark, JB was probably the person I was most comfortable with. He didn’t usually say much but was always silently watching over everything and took care of everyone.

“It’s for Haru,” JB sighed, “I’m not terribly pleased with what you did,” he faced me, “But I think there’s more to it than what was portrayed.” 

“There isn’t,” I swallowed feeling nervous. Mark believed it. Even Mark believed it, so why was his leader questioning me. 

“Sometimes bystanders have a clearer view… but that’s not important,” JB handed me the umbrella, “What’s important,” he picked up Haru making her squeal, “Is that we need to get this little princess somewhere safe and dry.” 

He placed one hand behind my back, “The others will understand, they’re all your friends,” he assured, “Let’s go.” 

“Yay!!!” Haru cheered, “We’re having a sleepover with my Got7 uncles!” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Narrator POV

“Did you bring money?” 

“Y-Yes,” her teeth chattered in the cold. 

They had just stepped out of the restaurant, the rain had stopped but the sky was still pitch black. 

“M-Mark,” she shivered as she tried to grab his arm, “I’m cold.” 

“Call a cab and go home,” Mark’s monotone appeared again. 

“W-What?” stunned by his answer, “Alone? This late?” she tempted to push herself against him.

A sudden fragrance hit him and made him dizzy. “You’re not four,” he gritted his teeth trying to clear his head. The smell became stronger; it was sweet and foul at the same time. 

Suzy watched carefully. She took in his staggering stance, the way he raised a hand to rub his temple. 

“Mark,” she inched closer on purpose. Was the perfume actually working? It was just perfume… given by a mysterious non-human thing. 

Mark winced as he tried to focus. He felt drunk but how was that possible, he only had one sip. Blinking, he saw a blur in front of him. The arom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter