Twenty Two

She's My Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Narrator POV

Soft music, suave waiters, rich wine, and a beautiful girl across the candle lit table. 

It was supposed to be romantic. 

One pair of silverware glittered vividly. The other pair sat still on the black tablecloth untouched. 

“Mark you should eat, their pawns are the best.” 

The lad didn’t respond. 

“Mark~…” Suzy shook her boyfriend’s arm.

He finally turned to face her but his eyes were glazed with a thin layer of cloud. She felt like she was transparent to him. 

She knew that today’s incident would bring out a violent backlash but she didn’t know that it would last this long. She expected him to get angry and get over it, but now she wanted to yell at Mark to stop being so hurt over Lydia and man up.

Still, she kept her façade. If she wanted Mark in the long run then she was going to have to be patient. She was confident that she’ll capture his heart eventually. If still after all this, Mark chooses to run back to Lydia then there was something wrong with the wiring in his head. 

Suzy never saw herself inferior to the other women; she just needed Mark to see that too. Sophisticated, cute, y, she could be anything he wanted her to be. No matter how many times he lashed out at her, she was still by his side. She was never leaving because he was her soul mate and vice versa. If anything, she was the only person in the world who would never hurt him.

“Here,” Suzy forked a shrimp off Mark’s plate and fed him. 

“How is it?” she asked. 

Humming a response, Mark picked up his own chopsticks just to keep her from shoving food into his mouth, he felt like he was chewing cement. 

A waiter came by with tall wine glasses. In order like almost like a performance, they ever so gracefully tipped over and dribbled gracefully onto Suzy’s dress making her cry out loud. 

The waiter bowed apologetically.

Mark barely blinked. 

“I’m going to the lady’s room,” Suzy’s face was red because she was angry, not flustered. 

She stomped her way to the sink and broke her six inch heel in the progress. 

“Great,” she muttered before removing the shoe and turning on the tap. 

“Your soul is a lot darker than I thought.” 

A voice from behind startled her but the more disturbing fact was that it was a male’s voice. 

The door of the last stall opened and a waiter stepped out. 

“You!” Suzy pointed, “It was you?” 

He brushed her finger away, “Who else would have the courage to ruin the ‘all so great’ Suzy’s dress?” 

“I did what you told me to do,” she placed her hands on her hips, “Can’t you just let me date in peace?” 

“I told you to post the pictures,” he played with her broken shoe, “Everything else was your improvisation.” 

She chortled, “Please, like I have to report everything to you. Now tell me what you’re doing here or leave.” 

“I just wanted to say hi,” his fingers trailed her dress making the stain disappear. 

“What are you doing?!” she gasped but not out of surprise. She was used to his antics by now.  

“Consider that as your award,” he responded. 

“Are you crazy?” she was mad. “Mark will see! He’ll be suspicious, how can a stain of red wine completely disappear on a white dress?” 

“Oh don’t flatter yourself too much,” he smirked, “I bet he doesn’t know you’re wearing a white dress in the first place.” 

She scoffed, “He’s not blind.” 

“No he’s not. His vision is only blocked,” a sly grin appeared, “By Lydia.” 

“DON’T MENTION HER!” Suzy screamed, “They’re over!” 

Shrugging the strangler took off his bowtie, “Suit yourself.” 

“What do you mean?” she sighed, “Actually I don’t want to know,” she held up her heel, “Fix it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter