Five

She's My Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Narrator POV

“Please wait in Room 2, Doctor Choi will be with you in a moment,” the nurse placed Mark’s file on the desk and left him alone.

Mark pulled out his phone and his screen saver popped up. This screen saver, he’s had it for five years and had no thoughts in changing it. In fact he had even thrown a fit when Jackson had messed with it as a joke. 

The sound of the door knob made him quickly press the power button and placed his phone to the side. Mark stood up expecting Doctor Choi but the door never opened. The knob just twisted right and left.

Great the door’s jammed. Mark flopped back in his chair and rested his head against the desk.

In the meantime, I’ll sleep until someone gets me out.

If only life was that simple.

Moments after Mark closed his eyes he felt light pressure on the back of his head, applied again and again.

“Yah!” Mark’s outburst made the kid jump back.

“You…” Mark looked at the kid then at the door, “It wasn’t jammed?”

“Duh, I’m short, I just had a hard time reaching the knob.”

Mark got a better look at the kid and groaned, “Not you again.”

“You remember me?” Haru climbed onto a chair using all fours.

“Wish I didn’t,” Mark grunted, “What’s up with you voice.”

“None of you business,” Haru croaked, “I’m lost can you help me?”

“You’re not my business so no,” Mark resumed his previous position, “Now let me sleep.”

The next few seconds were spent in silence almost sending Mark off into dreamland.

“WoW, your wallpaper is a picture of yourself? Or several pictures of yourself…” Haru had open.


“YaH!” with a swift swipe, Mark retrieved his phone, “It’s not polite to look through other people’s stuff.”

Haru ignored his statement, “I thought phone wallpaper was supposed to be pictures of the person you love the most, so you love yourself the most? I bet you look into the mirror a lot,” Haru giggled.

“Aish! Your mom’s the one who set my wallpaper,” Mark blurted.

“Mommy?” Haru suddenly looked interested, “You know my Mommy?”

“Er…” Mark had to dig himself out of his own hole, “I mean… if it’s the person you love the most who’s on your Mommy’s screensaver then?”

“Who else?” Haru stood up on the chair and pointed at herself, “Of course its ME!”

“Oh,” Mark pouted, of course. “Get down, you’ll fall,” he talked, but the pout never left his lips.

Haru climbed down, “Are you imitating the Trisopterus luscus? The pouting fish,” she leaned her chin on the table in front of Mark’s face and matched his expression.

“Trisop… what?” Mark shook his head and used one finger to push Haru’s head away, her forehead was... warm.

Mark frowned and touched it again, this time with his palm, “You have a fever.”

Haru ducked to avoid his hand.

“No I’m fine! Don’t tell Mommy or else she’ll worry! Don’t tell the Doctors!” Haru scrambled off her chair ready to make a run for it but the door opened again and a pair of long legs blocked her path.

“Come back,” Mark walked over and scoped Haru into his arms.

“Let me goo!!!” Haru thrashed her arms and legs, “I’m going to tell Mommy that you’re kidnapping me!”

Mark ignored her and brought her calmly back to his seat, “Doctor Choi, she has a fever can you give her a check up?”

“Sure Mark,” the young doctor smiled, “But I thought today was supposed to be about you?”

Mark rolled his eyes, “I’m normal, feeling fine, nothing changed, and this kid is burning a fever which one is more u
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter