Twenty

She's My Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Narrator POV

“I THOUGHT YOU SAID YOU WILL GET MY PERMISSION,” Lydia wanted to launch the table at her manager, “didn’t you say that just yesterday??? And now you lock me in an attic!” 

Daesung grimaced while dodging her fists, “That only accounted for… certain stuff.” 

Lydia wasn’t listening and kept on throwing a fit, she was mad – no, she was furious, enraged. 

“Yah sorry, stop,” Daesung rubbed his arm, “Don’t tell me you didn’t like it!” 

“Huh?” this time she stopped. 

Smirking Daesung pointed at the loose hoodie on her shoulder, “The last time I recall, you didn’t own a shirt three sizes bigger.” 

“I, this,” Lydia suddenly looked around, “Mark?” she felt his presence through his jacket.

Did he leave already? She couldn’t find him and she was feeling… relieved… and empty He didn’t even say bye.

Daesung dragged her by her arm, “He left already,” but he couldn’t meet her in the eyes. 

Depleted, Lydia allowed herself to be dragged out. 

When the coast was clear a slim black silhouette came out of the shadows. He couldn’t help but feel sorry. 

“L-Lydia?” 

At the crack of the door, Mark tilted his head up. 

“I-I’m sorry, it was for your own good, don’t kill me please.” 

Mark identified the speaker as her manager. He was the only one with such an annoying loud voice that still somehow sounded melodic. 

Deciding to cut the poor guy some slack Mark spoke up, “She’s asleep.” 

“Who’s there!” Daesung held up two fingers ready to banish any evil spirits. 

Mark carefully repositioned Lydia making her lean against the wall. Already, Mark missed the warmth she gave him. 

“Don’t lock her up anymore,” Mark stepped into the light annoyed. This time he got lucky and happened to be in the room but what if he wasn’t, or worse, what if it was another guy.

“Ayeee Mark,” Daesung sighed in relief, “I only did because-…”  

“I know,” Mark spoke nonchalantly, “but you’re underestimating her. She’s stronger than that… and she hates hiding.” 

Daesung groaned, “Cut me some slack, I already received a scolding from JYP, now he’s hot on my trail demanding to see Lydia.” 

“You can wake her up,” Mark retrieved into a corner made from a built in closet and the wall, “Just tell her I left already.” 

“Really?” Daesung raised an eyebrow, “I don’t think-…” 

Mark sighed, like it was any easier for himself “Just do it.” 

Since he didn’t have his phone Mark had no choice but to walk home. Luckily the shooting site wasn’t that far from the dorms. 

The cool breeze blew through his thin shirt making him shiver. Before he hid, he had forgotten to collect his jacket. Knowing Lydia from before, she’d return it to him ASAP. Mark groaned, for once he didn’t want to see her so soon. His mind was a mess right now. His conversation with himself had messed him up making him want to pull on his hair. Now that he had gotten all the nasty words out of his veins, all that was left was his fondness for his ex. 

With a heavy sigh, Mark pushed open the door to Got7’s shared room. The first thing Mark saw was a column of little hills, one on top of another in a perfect line. 

Apparently, s were waiting for him… lined up in front of the door from shortest to tallest having the two maknaes flanking the sides. 

“Where were you?” 

“The director called and said you were MIA.” 

“You weren’t picking up your phone!” 

“WE THOUGHT YOU WERE KIDNAPPED.” 

“PD-nim is maaaad.” 

“But not as mad as us…” 

Then all six of them spoke at the same time: 

“BECAUSE YOU WOKE US UP EARLY IN THE MORNING ONLY TO DITCH US!”

They glared at him. 

“Um… sorry I forgot?” Mark ditched all the time, but none of those times were they this hurt.

“You better still buy the meat,” Junior said flatly. 

The eldest rolled his eyes; of course, it’s all because of the meat. 

“Fine.” 

“Yay!” Bambam broke the formation first, “Let’s go now!” 

Mark had just came through the door and was now being pushed out again. 

“WAIT!” JB yelled. 

Every head turned in his direction. 

The leader rubbed his neck sheepishly, “I have vocal lessons today… now…” 

A series of groans escaped. 

“C’mon Hyung~” Bambam whined, “Skip like Mark Hyung does.” 

“I think I should go,” JB straightened, “Since PD-nim is already mad thanks to someone.” 

Mark looked around detaching himself from this conversation. 

“Tomorrow then,” Youngjae spoke up, “I can bring BoA tomorrow,” he nudged Jackson, “Want to ask Allyson?” 

Jackson pouted, “She’s studying but I can call the twins, it’s been a while since we met up.” 

“Are you trying to make me go bankrupt?” Mark blinked blankly. 

“Only once,” Yugyeom smiled cheekily. 

“Ahem,” JB cleared his throat, “We’re out of food-…” 

“Great Hyung! Can you get some on your way back?” Bambam asked completely clueless. 

JB decided to ignore that, “Whose turn is it to go grocery shopping?” 

Everybody reverted their glaze in Mark’s direction. 

“Me?” he pointed at himself, “Again?” 

“When JB isn’t here, you’re the one with money,” Jackson played poor again. 

“I’ll come with you,” Junior offered. 

“Me too!” Bambam added, “Just give me 30 minutes to-...” 

“We’re leaving N

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter