Four

She's My Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Lydia POV

“Mommy fighting, Mommy fighting, Mommy…” Haru chanted repetitively inside the car while waving her tiny fits around.

“Thank you Haru,” brushing my daughter’s bangs to the side, I felt her forehead. “Baby, you have a sore throat, are you feeling okay?”

“I’m alright Mommy! Don’t worry,” Haru replied with her voice raspy.

“Here, drink some water,” I opened her favourite swirly straw water bottle and positioned it in front of

The younger one listened obediently and the straw until water filled both of her cheeks making her look like the blowfish on the bottle.

“Mommy, Mommy listen,” Haru placed both hands in either side of my face and rested our foreheads against each other, “Mommy, if the person with the big microphone is mean to you, tell Haru, and Haru will rescue Mommy.”

I gave her a tight hug. “Mommy is so lucky to have you.”

*Click*

“You two are so cute,” Donghae had the camera at eye level, “The first picture of your comeback scrapbook!”

“You’re making a scrapbook?” I took the camera from Donghae to examine the picture, “Since when?”

“Since you’ve decided to become a star again,” Donghae smiled dreamily, “One day, you’ll be famous again, and Haru will be the baby star, can you imagine how much money I can make with this thing?”

I gave Donghae a disapproving frown, “In the meantime, you better take care of my daughter while I’m at the script reading or else forget about the scrapbook.”

“Yes Madame!” Donghae saluted.

“Make sure to feed her a lot of water, don’t give her anymore sweets, and call me if gets worse,” I went through my mental checklist to see if I had missed anything.

Donghae pouted, “I still don’t get why Daesung gets to be your personal manager and I get to be your babysitter.”

“Because you’re my trainee Wizard so you listen to me,” Daesung called from the driver’s seat.

“Why are you complaining,” Haru coughed, “I’m an adorable, good, kid, why wouldn’t you want to be with me?”

“Andwae,” Donghae knew better than to make Haru angry.

“Hump!” Haru turned her head away from the trainee Wizard.

“We’re here!” Daesung announced cheerfully unaware of the tension in the back seat.

“Haru,” I spoke seriously, “Listen to Uncle Donghae okay? Mommy is just inside that building there,” I pointed to the glossy glass walls that were stacked together to form a skyscraper showing Haru that I wasn’t far away, “tell Uncle if you’re not feeling well and he will run in there right away to get Mommy okay?”

Haru nodded once.

“Mommy Hwaiting!”

“Hwaiting!” I matched her first pump, “Mommy will try to come back fast okay?”

“Nae!” Haru waved from out of the car window before Donghae closed it to hide away from any present paparazzi.

“C’mon, we should go in,” Daesung handed me my shades while putting his own on.

“Sunglasses?” I looked up at the sky, “But It’s cloudy.”

Daesung gave a dramatic sigh, “You know, sometimes I really wonder how you made it this far… being a celebrity when you don’t even know the basics!”

“Uh,” I handed the glasses back to him, “This is how. Watch a learn.”

Without waiting for my manager, I stepped into the building in my comfortable converse and jeans. Most people (like Daesung) would fancy it up and bring out their best attire, but I didn’t see the point in that so why bother. My black hoddie kept me warm and that was all it mattered.

“Yah! Hey wait for me!” Daesung called after but I was already inside the building.

An attendant greeted me and led me down the hall. Even though her head was down I still saw her expression when first she spotted me. Yeah the day I stepped back into JYP building, rumours on the media immediately spread but nobody was actually close enough to get a clear picture of me so now when they see me, it’s like I’ve returned to from the dead or something.

“R-Right inside Miss, the director will be here in a few minutes,” she bowed and quickly walked away, probably to let the world know that I was… officially back.

“Okay, that was totally rude,” Daesung frowned in disproval at the scrambling back figure, “She didn’t even bother to open the door for us. Is this now you treat the lead actress?”

I gulped down a lump in my throat, once upon a time, I would walk down a neatly cleared path from the car with crowded fans and reporters clicking their cameras like crazy. Once upon a time, people would line up early in the cold mornings, just to get a gimps of me, but that was the past, like a fairy tale, it was so distant that it didn’t seem to ever happen.

I pushed open the door myself then froze, the feeling… it was the same feeling I had felt while filming my debut drama.

I guess… this is what it feels like go back to your roots…

“Lydia,” Daesung seemed to sense the shift in your mood. Even in the past years, you’ve never complained once about residing in a rural little town to hide from the media. For five years, you’ve given Haru your everything without a single word of regret, now you’re back, of course for Haru again. It couldn’t be easy to stand on stage again and act like
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter