Twelve

She's My Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Narrator POV

“La… La… La…”

“What’s up with him?” Jackson’s eyebrows rose from irritation, “His mouth hasn’t shut since his return. What did you guys do at the aquarium that was so fun? I should’ve gone…”

“Oh trust me you didn’t want to be there,” Yugyeom inhaled a big breath, “Princess! Princess, did you see Nemo? Princess is this high enough? Princess this, Princess that…”

“Princess?” Mark just came out of the shower and was drying his wet hair with a towel, “You got a girlfriend during the half day I was at the hospital?”

“Hyung,” Yugyeom whined, “It’s not me, just tell Bambam to stop. PLEASE!”

Mark looked at Bambam curiously. The younger one was currently dancing to the ‘Three Little Bears’ right now.

“Yah Junior,” JB also couldn’t take it anymore, Bambam was disrupting his beauty sleep, “What did you feed him this afternoon?”

“Oh nothing, we just met Haru,” Junior replied.

“Haru?” Jackson tried pronouncing the foreign name.

Behind him Mark’s towel froze in midair and his muscles tensed.

“Yeah,” Junior smiled, “Do you remember the little girl that come to our practice room? The day when Mark was late.”

JB snapped his fingers, “So that’s why she looked so familiar!” 

“What?” Bambam paused in an awkward stance from his dance, “Did you secretly meet her without telling me?”

“We even swapped ice creams,” JB gave Bambam a mischievous wink.

“Oh,” Youngjae sat up on the sofa suddenly remembering, “She ran away when she saw me.” He pouted.

“Oh her!” Jackson clapped like a seal and laughed, “The new trainee.”

“She’s not a trainee,” Mark spoke curtly and threw his towel aside.

“Hyung you’ve met her too?” Bambam asked curiously.

Mark didn’t say anything.

“Anyways,” Junior sensed that Mark was experiencing one of his mood swings again, “We played with her at the aquarium.”

“Yup,” Yugyeom nodded, “It was a blast minus Bambam.”

Bambam sniffed, “But then he took her away from me!”

“Technically,” Junior corrected, “we were the ones that took her away without her father’s consent.”

Mark felt difficulty breathing, “Who… is her father?”

“Donghae I think his name was?” Junior shrugged, “Maybe it wasn’t her dad, but they have the same last name and they seemed to know each other well.”

“I should have asked for her number,” Bambam sighed.

“But Hyung,” Yugyeom placed a hand on Bambam’s shoulder sympathetically. “I don’t think she likes you.”

An unidentifiable noise came out from Bambam’s nose, “Ha! Ha! Ha! Yeah right stop joking.”

Yugyeom shook his head at Bambam hopelessly, “I can’t believe I’m younger than him.”

Jackson sniffled a yawn, “Yeah well you guys can keep on talking about this Hara-…”

“HARU!” Bambam corrected.

“Alright, alright, keep talking about the Haru kid. I’ll going to bed!” Jackson glanced at his roommate, “Mark you coming?”

“I’m going out for a jog,” Mark replied.

Jackson looked at his best friend like he had just grown another head, “At like midnight?!”

“You just showered,” Youngjae wrinkled his nose, “Why do you want to get sweaty again?”

“Mark, save the jog for tomorrow morning,” JB glanced out the window, there was no moon tonight, “It’s not safe…”

The front door opened and closed.

“…and he never listens,” JB let out a breath of air.

Junior looked at the other’s worriedly, “He was fine a minute ago, what happened?”

Jackson went into their shared room and shuffled through the drawers. He came out when he found what he was looking for.

“Mark didn’t take his medicine,” Jackson held up the prescribed drug, “And the doctor told me today that he had missed out on his therapy session.”

“What? But Hyung went to the hospital,” Yugyeom didn’t understand, “I was the one that sent him off.”

“Um…” Jackson figured that right now was a good time to bring this up, “Do you guys remember the day Lydia came back?”

“Yeah…” JB didn’t understand where Jackson was going with this.

“Well remember how Mark was surprisingly at home that day?” Jackson pointed out.

“So…” the wheels in everybody’s heads were turning, some were rusty, but they still functioned.

“Well I talked with Mark a bit, and he was happy. Like laughing and smiling,” Jackson’s tone went quieter, “Kind of like the old Mark…”

“Jackson…” Junior’s nostrils flared, “WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME THIS IMPORTANT INFORMATION EARLIER?”

“Sh…” JB was trying to sort things out in his head.

“Mark Hyung… he’s filming a drama with Lydia Noona right?” Bambam remembered seeing their picture on allkpop.com. “So he’s seeing her every day.”

“Okay that’s it,” JB came to a verdict, “I’m talking to Lydia whether Mark likes it or not.”

Lydia POV

 “One shot! One shot! One Shot…”

“C’mon Noona!” Yugyeom raised his glass, “It’s our first win you have to celebrate with us.”

“Guys,” Mark intercepted the glass from Junior that was originally coming my way.

“I’ll drink….”

“No way,” Jackson shook his head, “Everyone has to drink today, at least one cup, it’s for our win.” 

I took the glass from Mark, “Just make

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter