Twenty Eight

She's My Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Narrator POV


“Contract. End. Now.” He had just busted the door and wasted no time getting those words out.

JYP raised an eyebrow at his sudden appearance, “So you finally decide to show up.”

“Hey,” Suzy smiled unaffected, “We were just talking about the contract and we’re planning to resign it, everything was working so well –…”

“I disagree,” Mark bowed at JYP, “It expires tomorrow but I’m terminating it now.”

“Mark don’t be silly, you know you can’t,” Suzy started.

“He technically can,” JB who happened to be around, saw the fuming Mark enter the building, slipped into the room, “He just has to pay for the damages which won’t be much since the contract ends tomorrow anyways.”

Mark shot JB a thankful glaze and JB returned it with a wink.

“But – but,” Suzy looked at JYP for help, “They can’t, and aren’t we resigning –…”

“What happened to your faces?” JYP asked intrigued by their matching bruises.

“Um…”

The two glanced at each other awkwardly.

“Mark came late to practice and kept messing up so I punched him,” JB lied.

“I punched him back,” Mark shrugged, that wasn’t a lie.

“Now the more important problem,” Suzy tapped her foot impatiently, “The contract –…”

“Can’t be signed unless both sides agree,” JYP shrugged, “You’ve been here for a long time you know how things work.”

“But…” Suzy wasn’t giving up.

“And I don’t agree,” Mark smirked.

“So she told you,” JYP chuckled, “She lasted longer than I thought, I’m impressed.”

“Excuse me Sir?” Mark was genuinely confused.

“This,” JYP held up a piece of paper, “is her contract promising to keep Haru a secret for two years... and she just violated it.”


“PD-nim,” Mark tried to explain but to everyone’s surprise, there was a clear crisp ripping sound.

JYP just tore Lydia’s contract in half.

“When I made her sign it I expected her to break it the next day.”

“So – SO…” Mark was speechless.

“I’m not tearing this family apart,” JYP shrugged, “I’m a nice person.”

Mark nodded along dumbly.

“Just hide this from the media and it’ll be fine,” JYP smiled, he leaned forward and laced his fingers on the desk, “But if you don’t mind, I would like to see Haru again… Mark Tuan’s daughter… that has a certain ring to it doesn’t it?”

“Definitely,” Mark beamed brightly and bowed in gratitude.

 “If that is settled then we’ll be leaving,” Mark and JB bowed as JYP dismissed them.

On the way out, Mark passed Suzy and whispered into her ear, “Next time you mess with my family I won’t hesitate to hurt you.”
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Lydia POV

“Wow,” I inhaled deeply, “I just made Haru’s favourite – an entire plate of rice rolls. Oh they look so good and probably taste even better. There is the sweet corn, crunchy seaweed, cheesy sausages, pickled radishes, and of course the gooey rice.”

I pouted, “Too bad Haru isn’t here to eat them…” I sighed dramatically, “I guess I’ll just have to give them away…”

“NO!” a muffled cry came from the washroom before the tap was for half a minute then quickly turned off.

Amused, I watched as the door cracked open a slot and then a little hand stuck out, fingers moving in a grabbing motion.

Using one hand to keep my laughs quiet, I placed the plate under her outstretched hand and watched as she grabbed a rice roll. She retreated her arm back but left the slot open.

After some happy munching it became quiet again.

I silently counted the seconds in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter