Eleven

She's My Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Narrator POV

“Uncle Hae are there sharks here?” Haru clung onto the adult’s hand tightly as they walked through the dark tunnel in the aquarium.

“There are hammer head sharks,” Donghae remembered reading something about it in the manual.

“Do sharks actually eat people?” Haru asked. Concern was etched all over her face.

“Don’t worry Haru,” Donghae gave her hand a light squeeze after sensing her wariness, “The sharks are inside the glass, they can’t reach you.”

“But what if someone hits the glass really hard like this,” Haru swung her fist at the air, “And then the glass cracks?”

“Then we’ll all drown to death before the sharks die from dryness,” Donghae muttered.

“What?” Haru didn’t catch all of that.

“I mean-,” Donghae smiled at her reassuringly, “The glass is made from special material so that it can’t break.”

“Oh phew,” Haru wiped some invisible sweat off her forehead. Finally she could put her heart at rest.

“Haru, do you want some snacks?” Donghae asked to bring up the atmosphere.

“Yes!” Haru nodded happily, “Ice cream please!”

“Yes Madame!” Donghae told Haru to wait for him while he went to get ice cream.

After her uncle left Haru pressed her face up against the glass as her eyes trail behind the beautiful white beluga.

“I wonder what it will be like to ride one of those things… maybe Uncle Hae or Uncle Fish can use their powers to bring one home for me.” All her attention was focused on the beluga that she didn’t notice the chatty trio floating towards her.

“Can we leave? I don’t like sharks,” Bambam’s whining never stopped.

“Don’t look at them then,” Yugyeom shrugged and continued to analyze the small orca.

“Fine I’m leaving then,” Bambam looked around searching for an exit.

“Uh no,” Junior head locked Bambam and dragged him through the dark tunnel, “You’re not wasting the ticket that I paid for.”

“I said I wanted to go to Lotte World,” Bambam complained, “Not a dark creepy place like this.”

“Look even kids aren’t afraid,” Yugyeom pointed at the little girl by the glass, “She’s alone and on top of that she’s not even half your height.”

“You should feel ashamed,” Junior agreed with Yugyeom.

“Stop ganging up on me!” Bambam threw his hyungs a side glance, “And for your information, fears develop over time, that kid over there,” Bambam took a careful look at the girl, “IS MY PRINCESS.”

“What’s wrong with you!” Junior cupped a hand over the flailing Bambam, “It was hard enough to get here without being followed, do you want to expose us?”

“He always does,” Yugyeom grumbled, “Because he can’t keep his eyes off pretty girls.”

“No!!!” Bambam finally managed to struggle out of Junior’s grasp, “That girl, we’ve met her before, at JYPE.”

“Say what?” Junior frowned.

“Tisk, you people with short term memory,” Bambam rolled his eyes, “Watch she’ll remember us, or more precisely me.”

“Are we really going to let him harass a little kid?” Yugyeom asked Junior.

“Don’t worry,” Junior patted the tall maknae’s back, “The kid is stronger than Bambam, just watch.”

“Hey,” Bambam tapped the girl on the shoulder. She looked up at him. He went on his knees to match her height, “Hi princess, can I know your name?”

“Princess?” she repeated, and then look left and right, then pointed at herself, “I’m a princess?”

“Of course you’re a princess,” Bambam beamed.

“But princess have long hair and wear a crown,” she pointed at her snapback, “I have short hair and a hat.”

“You can be my hip hop princess then!” Bambam didn’t give up, “You’ve seen me before, do you remember?”

“Um…” lately she had been following Uncle Hae around and met a lot of strangers, however she only remembered cranky head, ice cream guy, and the really handsome prince that she only saw once.

“I was in a room with six other guys,” Bambam tired to help her recall her memory, “We were sitting on the floor, a really tall guy with small eyes opened the door for you.”

“Oh,” Haru suddenly remembered her first trip to a very big building, “I saw my prince there,” Haru whispered to herself, she got giddy just thinking about it.

“Are your friends here?” Haru asked with a straight face.

“A couple yeah,” Bamba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter