Seven

She's My Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Narrator POV

JB kicked a pebble as he walked.

He sighed, originally he was hoping that the fresh air could clear his mind but it was clearly not working.

Not far from where he was standing, there was a corner store. He suddenly craved for ice cream.

Chocolate or vanilla? JB debated while looking at the selections in the freezer. He grabbed a grape flavoured fish waffle. Without giving it much of a second thought he went to the cashier.

“Auntie, do you have fish waffles?” a little girl asked from the doorway, “I want the grape flavoured one.”

“Aigoo I’m sorry,” the elder looked through the freezer, “I’m afraid we’ve sold out all of our grape flavoured ones, it’s a popular flavour, but we have a green apple one, would you like that?”

“Oh okay,” the disappointment was evident in her voice.

JB watched from a distance. The little girl took a bill out of her vest pocket and handed it to the auntie. She couldn’t be older than five but JB didn’t see an adult anywhere. When she got the ice cream she didn’t open it right away, instead she left the store. For some reason JB followed her.

She went to a nearby park and climbed onto one of the empty benches. Only then did she rip open the wrapper. She took a bite and first shivered from the coldness then wrinkled her noise, probably because it was apple flavoured instead of grape.

JB went up to the girl, “Do you want to trade?” he held out his grape flavoured waffle.

She looked up at him with her big eyes, crumbs littered the corners of . “Did you poison it?”

“I didn’t,” JB had to suppress his urgency to laugh, “See,” he showed her, “the package isn’t even open.”

She took interest in his offer and took his ice cream. After ripping open the packaging she first sniffed it then held it up to JB, “You take a bite.”

Having no other choice he obeyed and took a huge bite (half of the fishcake disappeared).

“1… 2…” she started counting.

“What are you doing?” JB asked.

“I’m going to see if you’re still alive after five seconds, you know poison doesn’t work right away,” she replied and resumed her counting, “3…”

JB smiled and shook his head, it was safe to say that her innocence, yet a sense of awareness had completely captured his heart. He tilted his head to get a better look at her, a sense of familiarity came to him but he couldn’t remember where he had last seen her.

“5!” she cheered, “No poison,” and took a huge bite out of the ice cream. “Here,” she pattered the spot next to her indicating for JB to sit down. When he did, she handed him her ice cream.

“Do you like green apple?” she asked.

JB thought about it thoughtfully as he chewed, “I don’t mind it.”

“I don’t like it,” she confessed, “But it’s my Mommy’s favourite flavour.”

“Say…” JB gave the kid a side glace, “Who is you Mommy?”

“The person that gave birth to me,” she made a ‘duh’ face.

Mhmm so this kid has a tight mouth, it made JB more curious, “What’s your name?”

“I can’t tell you,” she took another bite of her waffle, “I’m not supposed to tell strangers about my personal information.”

JB nodded but he still wanted to know more, “Did you come to the park alone?”

“My Uncle Hae brought me here but he got lost,” she didn’t seem to mind, “He always does. That’s why Mommy always gives me emergency money so I can get help.”

“But you bought ice cream with it,” JB felt a smile form on his lips, the kid was obedient yet mischievous, it reminded him of one of his band members.

“The park is small, Uncle Hae will find me…”

“HARUUUUUUUUUU!”

“See?” she looked smugly at JB.

Not far from them a man ran over, “OMG,” he panted, “I thought I had lost you *pant* you’re mom would’ve killed me.”

“She would,” the girl nodded in agreement.

Donghae turned to JB, “Thanks for looking after her…oh…” his voice faltered when he noticed who Haru was with. Great, if Lydia finds out about this I am dead meat X2.

JB didn’t catch the last part, he stood up from the bench, “Yeah no problem, we traded ice cream, right?” he winked at Haru and she made an attempt to wink back.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter