Twenty Nine

She's My Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Narrator POV

05/30/2016

“I brought you your favourite baby, Chardonnay Wine.”

The lone man sat in the dim light swiveling the expensive content in an equally expensive glass.

He closed his eyes and inhaled deeply in peace, completely ignoring the whimpering cries behind the cement wall.

“Lyddie why are you crying – I came all the way here to visit you,” he made no attempt to understand the muffled speech that died somewhere between the thick walls.

“You shouldn’t be crying… not on a happy day like this. It is our anniversary today, did you forget?”

~Flashback~

05/30/1970

“Why are there paper napkins? I specifically asked for fine cloth napkins! And the cutlery! Oh my dear!” the older women in an elegant sequin dress placed a hand stressfully on her perfectly tucked in hair. She called over a servant and ordered a new set of utensils.

“Lee Seung-hyun!”

A young man, no more than 27, in a white tuxedo straightened at the stern voice.

“E-Eomoni,” he stuttered and scratched the back of his neck shyly after being caught.

“Don’t you know it is bad luck to see the bride before the wedding?”

Seung-hyun turned red, “S-Sorry, I just couldn’t wait.” I bet Lyddie will be breath taking in that white dress. He thought.

“Aigoo,” the older women chuckled, “In a few hours my daughter will be all yours, you’re going to have to look at her for the rest of your life… are you sure you won’t get tired of the sight?”

“Never!” Seung-hyun shook his head feverously. Tired of Lyddie? The most stunning girl on earth? His one and only true love? Heck no, he was never going to get tired of her. In fact he was suffering right now and wished the hands on the clock would move faster so the wedding can happen.

Finally, the hour hand was striking 1pm. All the guests were seated in the grand hall. A white carpet was rolled out in the middle leading to the center of the stage where Seung-hyun stood waiting anxiously for his girl.

The last time he saw her was yesterday noon, she was still in her pajamas that consisted of a pair of Nike shorts and his sweater. Her hair was in a messy bun and she looked like she had just crawled out of bed but that didn’t stop him from showering her with a basket of kisses.

Now he wondered how she was going to look. He already saw the dress since they had picked it out together but the rest was all going to be a mystery. One he couldn’t solve until his fingers lifted her veil.

Wetting his dry lips, he found it hard to breathe. Was everybody like this on their wedding day? Was she as… whipped as he was? He sure hoped so.

Beside him, his soon to be father-in-law waited with him. As soon as the first note rang from the piano, tears were in the old man’s eyes as Seung-hyun’s shook with anticipation and thrill.

When the piano finished the first staff, Seung-hyun knew right away something was wrong. The other end of the aisle was still empty.

His fears were confirmed when his mouth in law ran out and…

~End of Flashback~

He smashed the glass against the wall shattering it into bits, his hands continued to tremble with anger.

“You know the rest of the story don’t you?” his whole body shook with anger as he panted heavily, “This. Is. All. Your. Fault.”

“But now, it is my turn. I’ve waited so long for this opportunity…” he picked up a glass shard and examined it emotionlessly, “All the pain, every single inch of it… it will all be repaid. The tears you made me spill… they will be returned… with blood.”

He squeezed the shard in his palms, watching his wrist… waiting, but nothing dripped down.

Mustering all her strength, she spoke for the first time in twenty years.

“P-Please don’t hurt her…”

Her voice… the one he used to miss on a daily bases, the voice that could drive his up the wall… the voice he could never say no to.

But that was the old Lee Seung-hyun, the stupid, naïve Seung-hyung… the Seung-hyun that died on the day of their wedding.

Now he was Lee Seungri.

Lee Seungri that no longer loved Kwon Cordelia.

Smirking, he spared the cement wall one last glance.

“Happy anniversary baby.”

 

*                      *                      *


To say that Lydia was annoyed was an understatement.

Mark Tuan said he was going to the company to break a contract but now it was the next day and there was no sign of him. No call, no text, no nothing.

Was this how he felt when she disappeared?

Great, Lydia was getting a taste of her medicine and she hated

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter