Twenty Seven

She's My Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Narrator POV

Haru zoom down the hall with her arms spread out like an airplane. She was playing tag with Donghae… well more like she was running away from him to find her Got7 uncles or Mommy.


“Ouff!” she bumped into a pair of long legs and fell on her . Above her, papers in the other person’s hands were knocked over and now floated everywhere.

“Oh! I’m sorry I didn’t see you,” the other person apologised, “Are you alright? Here, let me help you up.”

Haru took the outstretched hand, “Oh I know you! You’re Suzy.”

“Yes we’ve met before,” Suzy smiled and dug into her purse, “Here, do you want a lollipop?”

“Yay!” Haru reached for it but then remembered her Mommy’s warning about receiving candy from a stranger.

“Um…” Haru hid her hands behind her back,” I-I,” her eyes scanned the place and quickly came up with an excuse, “I made your papers fly, I’ll pick them up for you!”

“Aigoo, you’re so nice but you don’t have – …” before Suzy could finish Haru was already crouched down gathering the loose pages.

Out of curiosity, Haru flipped one over. It was a picture of two people kissing.

One was Suzy and the other was… “Cranky Head?” Haru mumbled then vaguely remembered seeing the two together on the first day when she was running around. 

“I’m sorry, I didn’t catch that,” Suzy bent down to help.

“Um, nothing,” Haru handed over the pictures reluctantly, “Why do you have so many pictures?”

“Oh it is our anniversary today, I want to give my boyfriend a surprise.”

“Oh,” Haru wiped her hands on her side stalling for some time, “Happy Anniversary!” but she wasn’t really happy for them, she didn’t want Cranky Head to be with Suzy.

She wanted Cranky Head to be with…

“Your lollipop!” Suzy held it out.

Haru just stared at it before snapping her head up, “I think I hear my uncle calling me. I have to go, bye!”

After she darted away, Suzy trashed the folder and smirked.

 

*                      *                      *

 

“So this is where you live,” Mark took in the surroundings and summed it into one word: quiet.

“I wanted somewhere less crowded so I can go out with Haru,” Lydia led him into the elevator.

Once the door closed, Mark seized her by the waist making her squeal in surprise as he leaned down to steal a kiss.

“Yah!” she scolded and wacked his arm playfully.

Mark winked and wrapped an arm around her shoulder when they exit the elevator.

Lydia took out the key and shoved it in but Mark stopped her.

She looked up curiously, he had an unreadable expression.

“What’s wrong?”

“I’m… scared,” Mark confessed, “What if… what if…”

“Mark, she is your daughter,” I rubbed circles on the palm of his hands to calm him.

“I know but…” he looked miserable and mumbled, “What if she doesn’t like me? What if I screw up? You don’t know… I could be a horrible father.”

“I’ve seen the way you take care of her. You’ll be great Mark,” Lydia smiled encouragingly, “As for Haru… she’ll need some time so get used to it,” Lydia admitted, “But I don’t think it’ll be a problem,” she remember how Haru had tended Mark’s wounds last night, “I think she likes you. She just loves to bully the people she likes…” her eyes flickered to Mark teasingly, “Kind of like someone I know.”

Mark grinned proudly, “That’s my baby girl.”

“Which one?” Lydia pouted.

Mark chuckled at her cuteness and pecked her cheek before whispering in her ear, “Both.”

Noting how Mark was at ease again, Lydia pushed the door open.

“Lydia!” she heard the voice before she saw the person and all the color drained from her face.

No, No please, tell me I was hearing things…

Daesung materialized through the wall and spoke like nothing was wrong, “Do you know where Donghae and –…” and then he saw Mark.

Lydia felt Mark solidify beside her.

Daesung just blinked dumbly.

Mark gaped, his eyes traveling from Lydia to the other male, “D-D-Did h-he?” he shook his head, “Did that just happen?”

Lydia winced, “Mark…” she was going to have to tell him eventually so here goes nothing.

“Daesung and Donghae are wizards!”

She held her breath waiting for his reaction.

Little grunts came from his nose turned into hysterical laughs that continued for a few seconds before he fainted.

 

*                      *                      *

 

“I told you to be careful!” she hissed quietly. 

“I’m sorry! But how was I supposed to know that you’d bring him home?” Daesung whined annoyed, “Last time I checked you guys weren’t even on talking terms.”

Throwing a glare over her shoulder, “When he wakes up just follow what I say. Don’t make him faint again!”

“Tech,” Daesung rolled his eyes, “Fine… He’s so soft, I can’t believe he fainted, even you didn’t faint when I showed up.”

“That’s because you walked in,” she grinded her teeth, “and not pop out of a wall.”

Daesung opened his mouth to protest but Lydia shushed him.

“Shh… he’s waking up.”

She sat on the edge of the bed and helped

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter