Twenty Four

She's My Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lydia POV

Silence. 

It was a magical thing. 

Sometimes it was comfortable. Other times it can be the most skin crawling, nerve racking thing in the world. 

Like it was right now, when Haru dragged me into Got7’s dorm introducing me as her Mommy. 

“WHOA!” Youngjae was the first one to talk, “I sleep a lot but this is this first time where the dream feels so real. Is this lucid dreaming?” He gasped, “THEY SAY THAT YOU CAN DIE IN A LUCID DREAM! NO I DON’T WANT TO DIE. I’M TOO YOUNG FOR DEATH! I NEED TO WAKE UP!” 

Haru winced when Youngjae started slapping himself.

Jackson robotically moved his arm to stop the younger one… and then the silence resumed again. 

“Haru ah you must be tired,” JB lifted the kid and placed her into Junior’s arms, “Show her around and let her pick a room to sleep in.” 

“O-Okay,” Junior adapted the quickest and pulled on a grin, “Haru let’s go!” 

“Come in,” JB beckoned me over, “Make yourself comfortable.” 

“No!” Yugyeom spoke up. He glared at his leader, “She broke Mark Hyung’s heart twice. She’s not coming in.” 

“Where do you want her to go then?” JB asked patiently, “She lives miles away from here.” 

Yugyeom crossed his arms and turned away. 

“Does Mark know?” Jackson sighed, “I think you should leave before he comes back.” 

“I’m sorry,” I wanted to pick up my remaining dignity and run out the door but JB was holding my daughter hostage.

“If he comes back,” JB snorted, “Seriously guys, she’s been through enough without all the crap you’re giving her.” 

“Hyung why are you on her side!” Bambam asked exasperatedly. 

“Yah!” JB was starting to get irritated, “Who was the one that complained so much because you missed her cooking?” 

Bambam’s cheeks turned red and he looked away. 

“Who was it that always tried her best to resolve disputes between you and Allyson?”

Jackson tugged on his ear. 

“And you!” JB turned to the maknae, “Who stayed up for nights to help you finish your choreography for your progress test?” 

“And –…” 

“I didn’t say anything!” Youngjae held up both hands in defense. 

“JB,” I tried to stop him, “It’s okay, I can just –…” 

“My point is,” JB shrugged me off, “She was always there when we were in trouble!” 

“But that was five years ago!” Yugyeom exclaimed, “Things are different now.” 

“Yes they are, now it is the reverse. She is in trouble and if you’ve ever considered her as a friend before then you should help her now!” JB looked at the others.

Yugyeom blew a raspberry and stalked off to his room.

Jackson ran a hand through his hair tiredly, “If you’ve ever considered us as your friends,” he spoke to me, “I hope that you’ll stop toying with Mark’s heart.” Then he went to his room too.

“You can stay,” Bambam spoke flatly while walking away, “Only if you promise to make breakfast tomorrow before you leave. I’ve had enough of Junior’s cooking.” 

“JB!” Junior called from the living room. 

“Coming!” JB nodded at me before heading off. 

Only Youngjae was left now. 

He stood a good distance away, staring at me like he was afraid that I’ll spit out balls of fire or something. 

“So… are you really Haru’s mother?” he asked carefully. 

I nodded. 

“And Haru isn’t a new trainee?” 

I shook my head. 

“And JB is the dad?” 

Oh boy.

I blinked at him.

Tonight was going to be a long one.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Narrator POV

“Are you sure about this?” Junior whispered in a hushed tone, “Shouldn’t we consult Mark first?” 

JB sighed, “What did you expect me to do? It was pouring, I couldn’t just leave the two of them out there alone,” he looked around “Where is Haru?” 

“Playing with the two maknaes, luckily Haru is loveable, otherwise they might have really kicked Lydia out the door,” Junior shook his head, “I think we should still tell Mark, I’ll call him and tell him to not –…” 

“No,” JB took Junior’s phone away, “He is a volcano on the verge of eruption right now. There is no use, it will just make things worse.” 

“Why did she do that,” Junior’s voice strained, “S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter