Eighteen

She's My Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Narrator POV 

“C’mon, C’mon, we’re going to be late!”

“Hyunggg~,” Bambam’s voice cracked as his croaked half asleep. 

“Get up its six already!” Mark gave Junior’s blanket a rough tug sending the poor sleeping soul tumbling. 

“W-What happened?” Junior leaped up after kissing the floor, “I-Is there’s a fire? EVERYBODY CALM DO-…” 

“Idiot you calm down,” Jackson groaned in his deep morning voice, “It’s just Mark going berserk.” 

Junior turned his head just in time to see Mark practically beating Youngjae to death with his pillow. 

“What’s up with our most normal hyung?” Yugyeom sat up unwillingly and rubbed his face. 

“Maybe he forgot to take his pills again,” Jackson guessed. 

“No if he forgot to take his pills then he should be half dead right now with us trying to get him up,” JB mumbled from over the covers that he strongly held against Mark. 

“Yah you hypocrites!” Mark stood on the bed, “Don’t you always yell at me for going late to practice?” 

“But Hyung,” Yugyeom tried to reason with him, “Our practice doesn’t start until an hour and a half later.” 

“It doesn’t hurt to be early,” Mark responded diligently. 

A snort came from Jackson before he plopped back on bed to snore. 

“Yeah he really did forget to take his pills,” Youngjae sleep whispered to the maknae.

“Mark…” Junior approached carefully trying to assess why their usually MIA hyung who skipped practices would suddenly be so eager to practice at the break of dawn. 

Mark sighed and pulled out the last trick under his sleeve, “I’ll buy dinner.” 

The room was quiet for a few seconds, then like a frozen screen on TV before everybody started scrambling away from their comfy comforters and fought their way out of the door. 

“I call the washroom first!” Junior screeched. 

“HA!” Yugyeom who was closest to the door squeezed out and ran to their laboratory, “NO WAY!” and slammed the door shut. 

Everybody paused again. 

“I call the kitchen sink then!” Junior demanded. 

“I’m taking my shirt off right now!” Jackson’s voice came from the other side of their house, “NOBODY COME TO THE KITCHEN.”

Groaning, the rest of the members split up into two groups, one sat in front of the washroom and the other at the living room entrance… except for one member who was staying in bed. 

“The sun came from the East today,” JB mumbled, “Or more like the moon.” 

“You’re not lining up?” Mark asked while stepping out of the closet. It was clear that he had remembered to shower before waking everybody else up. 

“What time did you get up?” JB wondered. 

“I couldn’t sleep,” Mark confessed. 

Their leader sat up, “Why not?” 

Mark’s glaze met the floor, he didn’t answer. 

“Mark what’s bothering you?” JB’s demanding tone appeared. 

“Nothing,” Mark reassured their leader, “Nothing really, I just… I just feel happy…” 

Happy, when that foreign word rolled off Mark’s tongue he felt like he was speaking an alien language. 

JB stayed silent as he listened. 

“I just… I feel… I’m excited,” Mark met JB’s eyes, “I want today to start. I feel like today will be a good day.” 

Happy, excited, good day, JB couldn’t believe that these three words came out of Mark’s mouth. The leader didn’t ever think Mark would use those words, at least not in the near future. 

“Does this,” JB was careful with his next words, he knew that Mark’s mood was unstable sometimes, especially since he decided to cut off on his pills against the doctor’s judgment, “have anything to do with seeing Haru yesterday?” 

Mark turned mute and JB was suddenly afraid that he had said too much when Mark started talking again. 

“What if… What if Haru went to find us again today and we weren’t there?” his voice was quiet and his eyes looked distant but inside his chest, Mark felt the warm spread of that heart burn again. 

Trying hard to maintain a straight face and not let out weird sounds, JB held his breath and said, “She’s probably sleeping.” 

“Probably,” Mark murmured, “But she’s unpredictable like Lyddie. I promised her that I would be there if she came.” Mark opened his eyes wide, “I promised Haru. I promised Lydia.” 

Maybe it was because of his innocent words but JB wouldn’t help and wonder if their oldest member just had his brain disintegrated. Then he remembered the scene in the zoo, that perfect picture of a family of three. Suddenly everything made sense, Mark’s mood swings had started when Lydia came back. It got worse when he met Haru, it was clear that Mark cared about Haru but JB wondered if the elder knew that. 

Finally getting out of bed and grabbing a towel, JB walked past Mark and patted on his shoulder encouragingly.

“Even if you’re not there I’m sure that she’ll wait for you.” 

He didn’t clarify who the ‘she’ was but JB was sure that it would be true for Haru or Lydia.

 

*                      *                      *

 

Afte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter