Chapter 9

When Miser meet Miser

 

‘So, Liz, today is my turn to accompany u to work~’ Eunhyuk chirruped happily, twirling around Lizzy who is busily getting her hand on preparing their breakfast. He is feeling happy after watching the WGM edited part yesterday.

‘U sure?’ Lizzy asked, although she been informed before hand by Producer Byung, but she really doubted the possibilities as he sure will be attracting crowd when he is to go to the place where she work.

‘Yes~ or u prefer me to go to class with u?’ Eunhyuk asked, holding his hand out for his bread.

‘No please…. U will create a commotion…’ Lizzy shake her head, handing him the buttered toast.

‘Now u know how popular I am?’ Eunhyuk laughed, before he sinks his teeth in the bread.

‘Yes.. yes… Super star…’ Lizzy pushed a cup of milk to him and sat down, having her breakfast too.

Producer Byung nodded to himself, watching through the camera. These 2 are getting better now, at least they can now communicate freely with lesser instructions from him.

Lizzy still felt a bit uneasy walking down the street with Eunhyuk. Its like walking beside an assassin or Ninja but she has to act normally as the camera continued to roll.  Soon, they both reached the ice-cream shop that Lizzy been working for the past 1 year.

‘An nyeong ha se yo, ajussi~’ Lizzy greeted and bowed at the kind owner of the shop who return their greeting warmly.

‘Neh! I see u brought your celebrity friend here today~’ Mr.Baek nodded at Eunhyuk, giving him a warm smile.

‘An nyeong ha se yo~’ Eunhyuk greeted and bowed at Mr.Baek and looked at Lizzy, not sure what he should do.

‘Put this on…’ Lizzy hang an apron to Eunhyuk’s neck and helped him to tie the string behind his back before she put on another baby pink apron on herself. Eunhyuk looked at her, smiling a little at the sight of her wearing the cute apron and hat. She does look cute as the apron matches her petite figure well. She looks so much like those cute animation maid… Ooppss~ not ‘that’ kind, ok?

‘Next?’ Eunhyuk asked, looking at all sort of ice-cream tube, Ice cream scoop, colourful confetti and many many in front of him.

‘Umn… its still early…. Not many customers…Shall we go and make ice-cream?’ Lizzy suggested.

‘All right… ‘ Eunhyuk nodded, he never know how ice-cream is being made. He would be glad that he could participate in that.

‘Ok… Here….u have to add in this powder to the milk…. And please hand me that strawberries….’

‘Strawberry….’ Eunhyuk looked at the plate of fresh, red, ripe strawberry longingly…

‘Why? Anything wrong with the strawberry?’ Lizzy asked.

 ‘Yes… it look too delicious….’ Eunhyuk pouted… hoping he can have a bite.

‘Don’t be childish…’ Lizzy chuckled, he looked exactly like a kid eyeing on his favourite toy.

‘……………..’ Eunhyuk handed her the strawberry unwillingly and pouted, looking at her as she emptied the strawberry into the gigantic blender… Soon, the red fruits are being diminished into delicious red sweet smelling juice.

‘Aigooo! Here….’ Lizzy stuffed a great big strawberry she picked up for him in his mouth.

‘Oh~ thanks u….’ Eunhyuk beamed at her as he ate the strawberry joyfully.

‘Haha! Here, help yourself… do not be shy~’ Mr.Baek offered Eunhyuk a pack of fresh strawberry when he saw how much the boy liked it.

‘Oh~ really??? Thanks!!! I will work hard to repay your kindness…’ Eunhyuk beamed happily like a boy who just gotten candy and Lizzy shook her head in amusement. Little kid… She continued to watch the machine as it blend all the ingredient well into a thick mixture.

‘Liz….’ Eunhyuk stuff a strawberry into Lizzy’s mouth and caught Lizzy by surprise.

‘Oh~ thanks…’

‘Yah… I should be helping u…’ Eunhyuk placed the box of precious strawberry away and try to help Lizzy with whatever chores he can lay his hand on.

‘Ok…. Now we are done…Lets go out…’Lizzy pushed Eunhyuk out of the little kitchen and made their way to the ice-cream counter. She tidied the place a little, preparing for business.

‘Erm…. What if there is no customer?’ Eunhyuk whispered to her.

‘Just wait…’ Lizzy said, shrugging her shoulder.

‘Hmn…’ Eunhyuk looked around… he is feeling boring already..

‘What are u doing?’ Lizzy asked, when she saw him… doing some stretching?

‘Will u be able to go back early if all the ice-cream sold?’ Eunhyuk asked.

‘Erm… should be… but it not possible… do u know how much stock we have here?’

‘Watch me….’ Eunhyuk walked toward the door and did some dance move…. Soon a crowd is being drawn to him and there are girls who started to scream

‘Its Eunhyuk!!!!!’ people started to scream and Eunhyuk retreated, going back to the shop with the crowd coming after him. Lizzy is totally speechless at his action and she totally went dumb when she saw that little action of his can attract so much attention. No wonder he has to dress like a ninja everytime he go out.

‘Oh! oppa!!! Why are u here?’ The girls shouted excitedly at him.

‘I am here…. To sell ice-cream..’ Eunhyuk gave all the girls his gummy smile and some girl look like they are ready to pass out any minute.

‘I want to buy from u, oppa!!!! I want…..’ the tiny shop are now  packed with girls who is drooling over the jewel boy who is looking so cute with the apron, selling ice cream right now. Nobody really bothered what kind of flavour they will be getting as long as they will be able to get close to their idol. The flash light from the camera keep flashing non-stop, making the place look like a fan meeting site.

‘Help me, please…’ Eunhyuk poked at Lizzy who is still dumbfounded at the amount of peoples  rushing in the shop.

‘O…okay…’ Lizzy stuttered when she finally found her tongue.

In barely less than 2 hours, all the ice-cream are sold out… Lizzy blinked her eyes when she saw the empty refrigerator. Never did she see the shop is that empty before.

‘Woow…..’ Mr.Baek too, surprised at the speed the ice cream are gone within that short 2 hours.

‘I told u I will work hard to pay your kindness..’ Eunhyuk smiled, showing his gummy smile again.

‘Hahahaha!! Thanks thank…’ Mr.Baek said, he would had made a fortune if Eunhyuk can visit his store once in a week, no… once in a month is good enough…

‘So…. ajusshi… can Lizzy go back early today?’ Eunhyuk asked, hopefully… He doesn’t want to stuck here the whole day.

‘Yes! Of course…’ The kind man nodded,  he too, can go back and rest early today. He can keep himself busy by counting his revenue later at the night…

‘No… I still have to clean up…. And replenish the stock….’ Lizzy shake her head, looking at the messy shop right now. And if she didn’t replenish the stock, they will have nothing to sell tomorrow…

‘Hmnn… I will help u…then we can go back early~’ Eunhyuk get his hand on the things that is lying around and threw everything in the washing basin, and the water splattered out joyfully from it.

‘YAH!!! Don’t do that!’ Lizzy rolled her eyes, he is making her chores even more by wetting the kitchen floor.

‘I am helping u!’ Eunhyuk yelled innocently, why is she always has to yell at him?

‘U think this is helping?’ LIzzy rolled her eyes, with her hands on her hip.

‘Geezz…. So… what can I do madam?’ Eunhyuk asked.

‘Ermn…’ Lizzy pushed him toward a chair and he sat on it, looking up to her. Lizzy walked away, coming back with a cup of ice cream and placed it in front of him. ‘Help me to taste the ice cream we just made…’

‘Why are u suddenly so kind to me?? is there any additional ingredient in this ice-cream?’ Eunhyuk asked, eyeing the ice cream suspiciously. Lizzy took a spoon of it and put it in , walked away after that, getting her hand on cleaning the mess.

‘………’ Eunhyuk looked at the ice cream and back to Lizzy.

‘YAH!!! Why didn’t u get yourself a new spoon???’ Lizzy asked, when she saw Eunhyuk is happily scooping the ice cream with the spoon she just used.

‘What’s wrong with that? Are u having some sort of disease?’ Eunhyuk asked.

‘Don’t u think it’s a bit of… weird??’ Lizzy asked.

‘No… we always share food and utensil… I mean with my team member…’

‘Geezzzz… but I am not…’

‘Hahaha! Are u being shy?’ Eunhyuk asked.

‘Aish…. Why should i?’ Lizzy asked, turning her back and get on with her cleaning. Eunhyuk smiled at her reaction and carry on eating his ice cream joyfully.

‘Are u quite done?’ Eunhyuk asked, tired of seeing her walking up and down.

‘Soon… Are u tired? Do u want to go back 1st?’ Lizzy asked from the bottom of her heart. He been a great help and she is really gratitude…She wouldn’t want him to tire himself out.

‘No… how can I leave u alone?’ Eunhyuk asked, propping his head with his hand and smile at her.

‘Hahahahahaha! Stop using ur glib tongue on me…’ Lizzy chuckled, quite forgetting the existence of the camera.

‘Can’t treat u a little nicer is it?’ Eunhyuk asked, leaning his back to the chair.

‘I am almost done… u want another cup of ice cream?’ Lizsy offered.

‘No….’ Eunhyuk shrugged, he had a little too much ice cream today… moreover he wanted to save his tummy for the cake later.

‘Lets go~’ Lizzy took off the cute apron and put it away nicely, helping Eunhyuk to take off his after that.

‘We head home 1st… but we will be going somewhere else later….’ Eunhyuk whispered to Lizzy.

‘Where again?’ Lizzy asked, just when she thought she can rest a bit early today… She knocked at her neck and shoulder to relieve the pain she been feeling right now.

‘Are u all right?’ Eunhyuk asked, pinching at her shoulder and neck gently.

‘I am still ok… but what are we going to do….’ Lizzy asked.

‘Erm… Hmn…  Sungmin is giving us a treat….’

‘Sungmin oppa? Why?’

‘I… am not sure… aish… stop asking question… u ask him yourself later…’

‘Aish…. I thought u guy are busy? Why are there so many gathering around?’

‘We will always have time to meet up no matter how busy we are….’ Eunhyuk smiled.

…….

………..

…………………

‘We are here~’ Eunhyuk yelled out loud the moment he stepped in the dorm that he stayed away for quite some time.

*POP!!! BLASH!!!* the confetti popped and bursted, giving Lizzy a great shock.

‘whhat…t happen?’ Lizzy looked up, still very much surprise at the commotion they created.

‘Happy Birthday 2 u…. happy Birthday 2 u…. Happy Birthday to Lizzy…. Happy Birthday 2 u…’ The boys sang together, in their unique SUJU way. The girls are busily clapping in unison with their singing, laughing at the monkey act of the boys while they sing.

‘Oh… I……How do u guy….’  Lizzy looked at Sungmin who is holding up a cake and stood in front smiling at her.

‘Make a wish….’ Sungmin suggested. Lizzy closed her eyes and make a small little wish in her mind, smiling.

‘Blow the candles~’ the boys cheered and pushed Lizzy inside the house.

‘Thanks…’ Lizzy stooped down, blowing the candle. Sungmin smiled in glee and raise the cake, touching her nose.

‘YAH!!!’ Lizzy protested when she felt the wet, cold cream on her nose.

‘Hahahahahahah!!’ everyone laughed at Lizzy pissed look and Lizzy too, followed suit and laughed with this bunch of kid. Chaerin shook her head and pass her a tissue paper, these guy really never grow up….

‘Merlion~ Happy Birthday~’ Kyuhyun handed Lizzy a small box and Lizzy looked at it hesitatingly. Should she accept it?

‘I….oh… u all shouldn’t have….’ Lizzy shook her head.

‘U are not thinking of rejecting our present, right?’ Leeteuk asked, nodding toward the gift on Kyuhyun’s hand.

‘Yah!!! Do u know my hand will get sore holding this thing…’ Kyuhyun complaint. Yuri slapped on his hand and laughed, she turned and nodded at Lizzy.

‘Oh, do not be shy…’ Suan commented, pushing Lizzy toward Kyuhyun.

‘Thaanks….’ Lizzy looked at the gift, at the verge of tears. She took it over from Kyuhyun and looked at everyone that’s present.

‘Hey… are u that touched?’ Eunhyuk asked, noticing the glimpse of tear in her eyes.

‘Its ok…. We just wanted u to be happy, no crying on your birthday, ok?’ Sungmin wrapped his hand around her shoulder, rubbing her arm gently.

‘Thanks, oppa…’ Lizzy turned over and hugged Sungmin, touched.

‘Yah!! U are not being fair~ I am the main vocalist for your birthday song u know?’ Yesung pouted.

‘We bought the gift…’ Kyuhyun pouted.

‘And Hana is the one who bought your cake…’ Siwon added, rubbing his nose.

‘I did all the cooking…’Ryeowook chipped in.

‘Chaerin and I decorated the house…’ Donghae smirked.

‘And the rest of us…..helped…’ Leeteuk laughed.

‘And I gotten u here and… suggested the gift…’Eunhyuk muttered under his breath. Although he is not the one who planned for this birthday surprise.

 ‘I am ssorry…!! Thanks….’ Lizzy went around giving every boy and girls a hug, really touched of what they had done.

‘Thanks u….’ Eunhyuk is the last person that Lizzy went to… She look at him, doesn’t know what to do… She finally hugs him and they both do look awkward after that. Eunhyuk dare not even put his hand on her, what he do is merely placed his head on her shoulder gently.

‘Hey… u did it on your own accord, don’t say I am taking advantage of all right?’ Eunhyuk said after that to break the awkward silent.

‘Sickening…’ Lizzy slapped on his arm and laughed. She dived into his embrace again and Eunhyuk hugged her back gently, smiling.

‘Open up the gift…’ Suan looked over to the box on Lizzy hand excitedly, gesturing her to reveal the content of the box.

‘Yeah… go ahead and open it up…’ Heechul encouraged.

‘All right… Thanks again…’ Lizzy unwrapped the box carefully, not wanting to spoil the nice wrapper that comes with the gift.

‘Oh… it’s the latest model..’ Hana commented.

‘Oh~ this is too expensive… I can’t…’ Lizzy shook her head, looking at the beautiful Samsung Galaxy S II on her hand.

‘U need it…’ Eunhyuk insisted, he can’t stand her using the old battered phone which fails to work occasionally.

‘Lee Hyukjae!’ Lizzy laughed, she know her phone been getting on his nerve when he couldn’t get her on the line.

‘Yeah… Lizzy… we shared the cost, so it alright…’ Sungmin assure her.

‘All right… Thanks…I am so grateful… But since u all been making good money .... I will just help myself then…hahaha!!’ Lizzy laughed in a thick skinned mode, liking her birthday gift very much.

‘Let’s cut the cake~~’ Shingdong handed Lizzy the  knife, anticipating for the delicious cake to be served.

‘Yeah~~~’ The gang cheered and clapped when Lizzy press the knife into the pretty big cake.

‘Come on, let me help…’ Chaerin offered..

…………..

‘L izzy, are u happy?’ Sungmin asked, when he saw Lizzy sitting down alone at a quiet corner. Staring at her phone.

‘Yes, very much…So that’s the purpose u asking when is my birthday?’ Lizzy asked, remembering Sungmin asked her about her horoscope half a month ago and they talked about birthday.

‘Erm…. Not on purpose actually… just a topic…’ Sungmin shrugged.

‘And u remembered?’ Lizzy asked, turning to look over to him. Should she tell him this is not her actual birthday? She never ever celebrates her birthday…. How is she going to explain to him? She bit her lip, and decided to keep it that way….

‘Lizzy… what are u thinking?’ Sungmin asked.

‘Erm… nothing…’ Lizzy smiled at him, looking down to her own feet after that.

‘U doesn’t seem to talk much about yourself…and family….’Sungmin commented, tucking her hairs behind her ears and looked at her.

‘I….nothing much to talk….’ Lizzy stuttered, blushing greatly at Sungmin’s action.

‘Hoh~ both of u dating behind Eunhyuk’s back? I am gonna to tell him…’ Suan yelled when she saw Sungmin and Lizzy hiding in a corner.

‘Don’t be absurd~  Now, what do u want?’ Sungmin asked, messing up Suan’s hair by ruffling at it.

‘Eishhs~ stop messing with my hairs!! It’s always entangled thanks to u guys…’ Suan yelled irritably and tidied up her hair.

‘Hahaha!!! Yes, can I help u?’ Lizzy asked.

‘Liz~ can I borrow your new phone?’ Suan asked.

‘Why?’ Sungmin asked, stopping Lizzy from handing her phone to Suan. He just enjoyed teasing this girl.

‘Hmn… if u don’t I will tell Eunhyuk u both are dating secretly…Hahaha~’

‘Cheh~ as if we really did anything….’ Sungmin shrugged his shoulder.

‘Here u go….’ Lizzy passed her new phone to Suan and the girl walk away happily. Sungmin and Lizzy looked at each other, not knowing how to continue with their conversation.

‘Let’s go and join the rest?’ Sungmin asked.

‘Okay…’ Lizzy nodded, allowing Sungmin to pull her up from her seat. Sungmin is always caring and observant… She really likes this oppa very much….