Chapter 10

When Miser meet Miser

 

 Lizzy sat down on the living room floor, looking toward Eunhyuk who is now busily packing his bag for his trip back home. She sighed, propping up her leg. She wrapped her arms around her propped up legs and rested her chin on her knee.

‘U sure u are not going home for Chu seok(Thanksgiving)?’

‘………’ Lizzy shook her head ruefully and looked down to her toes.

‘Are u that busy?’ Eunhyuk asked.

‘I…. have part time task to do that day…’

‘Aish… u really loved money aren’t u? Fancy u working on holiday like that…’ Eunhyuk  rolled his eyes.

‘Cos can fetch better pay…’ Lizzy bit her lip, looking back to the floor as it’s the most interesting place in the world.

‘Aigoo…. What a good daughter your parent have…’ Eunhyuk shook his head, picking up this backpack and set it aside. Now he is ready to go home~

‘Just get going and leave me alone…’ Lizzy snapped rather moodily. They seldom snapped at each other recently and it does surprise Eunhyuk.

‘Yah… are u having some sort of problem?’

‘Nothing… I am just tired…. U go ahead…’ Lizzy walked back to her room and lay down on the bed. How good it is to be able to go home…

……….

…………….

………………..

Eunhyuk drive carefully back to his home, can’t wait to see his family… it been a while since he saw them and he miss them very much. The moody look on Lizzy kept played in his mind. He is quite certain something happen to her…. She doesn’t look like her usual self at all. Aish… why would this bother him anyway? He better concentrate on his driving so that he can reach his home sweet home faster.

‘Omma!! Appa!!! Noona~ I am back!’ Eunhyuk yelled out loud the moment he stepped in his house.

‘Oh~ welome back!!!’ he is being greeted warmly the moment he stepped in his house and every family member of his went forward and gave him a hug.

‘Oh, son… let me have a closer look… u look fitter…’ Mrs.Lee commented.

‘I been working out, omma…’Eunhyuk smiled at her, look like his hard work did not go down the drain after all….

‘All right, go and put down your thing and we can eat…’ Mrs.Lee said as she walked toward the kitchen.

‘All right….’ Eunhyuk went into his room and placed his thing. So good to be able to be back in home. He stepped in the bathroom and did a brief washing up to freshen himself up. He looked at his phone, there seem to be a message coming in when he is driving just now.

‘Yah~ drive carefully and enjoy your holiday….’

From Lion?’ Eunhyuk smiled and decided to call her, on the courtesy that she bothered to wish him a happy holiday. However, no matter how many times he tried, he just couldn’t get her on the line…

‘What happen? Could anything happen to her?’ Eunhyuk wondered, getting a bit worried of her. He decided to call again… But no avail… Maybe he can try calling Saengjoo or Ga Eul?

‘Yeoboseyo~’

‘Ga Eul? I thought i call Saengjoo?’ Eunhyuk looked at his phone again to double confirm.

‘He is not available at the moment…. Yes? Eunhyuk ssi?’ Ga Eul asked.

‘I…. erm… maybe it would be good if u talk to u too..’

‘What happen? Sound serious?’ Ga Eul asked, worried.

‘Well…. Is Lizzy with u both right now? I can’t seem to be able to get her online.’

‘No… we are at my home right now… I… think she is working right now…. Maybe busy?’ Ga Eul explain.

‘Ga Eul…. Any idea why she seem to be a bit moody today?’ Eunhyuk asked.

‘…………………’ Ga Eul totally went quiet after that and Eunhyuk couldn’t help but frowned.

‘Yeoboseyo?’

‘Yes, I am here…Eunhyuk ssi….’

‘Ga Eul, what happen?’ Eunhyuk is certain she knew something.

‘I… suppose u don’t know she is an orphan?’ Ga Eul asked.

‘She? What?’ Eunhyuk exclaimed in surprise. No wonder she never ever mention about her parenthood.

‘Yes… she been fending for herself since young…’

‘………………’ That’s explain why she is always so desperate to earn money…

‘So, holiday season always make her feel lonely…’ Ga Eul heaved out a heavy sigh after that.

‘Hmn… I understand…’

‘And she always refuses to come along whenever we invited her to our house….’

‘Given her character I believe so….’ Eunhyuk nodded.

‘Hyukjae~ what are u doing up there?’ Mrs.Lee called out to her son.

‘Coming, omma….’ Eunhyuk gave a short reply to his mother. ‘Ga Eul, I gotta go… talk to u again?’

‘Oh, yes…. See u….’

‘See u… and, thanks for the information..’ Eunhyuk hang the phone after that, still a bit stun at the piece of information he received just now. 

‘Hyukjae~~’ Mrs.Lee called him again when she found that her son is still hiding inside his room.

‘Coming~’ Eunhyuk slipped his phone in his pocket and went out of his room, toward the dining room.

‘Here u are… what are u doing inside your room?’ Mrs.Lee asked.

‘I… am on the line just now…’ Eunhyuk hugged at her shoulder, looking at her busy hand as she get their table laid.

‘Come on, lets eat…’ Mr.Lee nodded to his children.

‘Appa, omma, noona~ lets eat…’ Eunhyuk greeted politely, picking up his chopstick.

The Lee family talked and joked as they eat, updating Eunhyuk about what happen recently when he is not around. Eunhyuk too update them about what he been doing, especially the WGM program.

‘Oh? Is that so? What an interesting girl… who didn’t fall for my little brother charm?’ Sora comment.

‘Oh~ far from it… she practically been picking on every little thing that I do…’

‘Hahaha!!’ The Lee laughed at Eunhyuk’s comment and finishes their dinner joyfully.

Eunhyuk continued to chat with his family member after the dinner while having fruits. Eunhyuk couldn’t help thinking how good it is to be home… He suddenly thought of Lizzy… she is all alone today, on Chuseok… He shook his head, aish… why is he thinking of her again? He regain his attention to what his family is talking, trying to put Lizzy out of his mind.

*Phone ringing*

‘Yeoboseyo?’

‘Monkey? U called?’ Lizzy asked over the phone.

‘Yes… just to inform u I’ve arrived… why didn’t u answer my call?’

‘I am busy just now….anything else u wanted to tell me?’ Lizzy asked.

‘No… and where are u now?’

‘Still working…. Till 10 I suppose?’

‘Ok… u… take care and see u…’

‘All right… enjoy your stay~ bye…’ Lizzy ended the conversation, looking at her phone…Sigh… She suddenly miss this monkey… At least there are someone to bicker with her when he is around. Lizzy shrugged her shoulder, intending to get back to her chores.

*Phone ringing*

‘Yes, oppa?’ Lizzy smiled when he saw Sungmin cute face flashed on her phone.

‘Lizzy ya… what are u doing now? Do u miss me?’ Sungmin asked cheekily.

‘Hahaha! I am working…. So what if I miss u? U have no time for me… so sad…’ Lizzy chuckled.

‘Haha! Do u really miss me in the 1stplace?’ Sungmin asked, giving out a cute chuckle after that.

‘Oh~ there isn’t a single day where I stopped missing u…’ Lizzy laughed at her cheesiness, but she know its not completely a lie.

‘Hahahahha! Really… u this girl…’ Sungmin squealed at Lizzy’s witty reply and laughed…

‘Yes, can I help u oppa?’ Lizzy asked, chuckling.

‘Nothing…just wanted to find out how are u… are u alone?’

‘Now not, but later when I knock off I will be alone…Do u want to come and accompany me?’ Lizzy asked, chuckling.

‘Hahaha! Do u wish to see me that much?’ Sungmin asked.

‘Yes… very much… dying to…’ Lizzy blushed when she said that, luckily Sungmin couldn’t see her right now, else she wouldn’t know how to face him.

‘Woooaah~ I can’t see u now… but I promise u, I will see u soon, very soon….’ Sungmin promised.

‘Really?’ Lizzy asked, excited.

‘Umn….’

…………

………………….

………………………

Lizzy stepped out of the café, tired… There is a lot of customer today and she is really busy… She is gonna to ask Saengjoo to give her compensation for her help today… After all its because that she agrees to replace him for his part time job so that he can go back to Ga Eul house for the Chu Seok… They must be having good time now…

*Sigh* Lizzy heaved a heavy sigh and made her way home.

*Honk Honk* Lizzy frowned  at the sound of the horn behind her and turned back, frowning. She is certain she did not block into people’s way.

Lizzy narrowed her eyes, preparing to give that moron who honked at her a killer stare. However, her eyes widen when she saw the driver in the car.

‘U….u….u??? why are u here???’ Lizzy squealed, pointing toward the driver