Chapter 8

Fix You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you sure you'll be fine by yourself?" Her grandmother was worried about her. She was already outside the door, but she was a bit hesitant to leave her granddaughter alone. Even her grandfather was feeling uncomfortable that she'll be alone in the next few days as she even advised the cleaner not to come and just come back when her grandparents have returned from the trip.

She nodded with a smile for assurance that she can take care of herself. This would be the first time that she'll have the house to herself. "You two enjoy your trip." She hugged her grandparents and gave each of them a kiss on the cheek. "Advance happy birthday, harabeoji."

The old man smiled and thanked her granddaughter. "You seriously didn't have to send us on a trip to Busan, Sooyeon. I'd be fine spending my birthday here and you're not e-"

"It's my gift to you, harabeoji. It's alright. You and halmeoni just enjoy it."

Grandma Jung sighed. "Well, if it's a gift from our not so little Jessi, then we should not argue why she won't be with us on the trip. We'll get going now."

Once inside the car, Grandpa Jung rolled the window down for a few reminders. "Don't forget to eat. Don't starve yourself and don't pull an all nighter in the office. We'll let you know as soon as we arrive."

Jessica nodded to her grandfather's instructions. "You guys will be late for your flight."

Her grandparents waved to her and she did the same. She watched the car drive to the main road before going inside the house. She already ate dinner with her grandparents before they left for the airport. They didn't trust their granddaughter that she'll eat dinner once they leave, but they also reasoned that there's no decent food in the airport. Maybe she'll eat dinner, maybe she won't, but she knows that her grandfather's birthday will be in two days. Aside from that, she is very well aware of what tomorrow is.

 

Since she was done with dinner and she has sent her grandparents outside, she made sure that all the doors were locked and switched the lights off before heading to her room upstairs. It was quiet inside the house and she actually liked it. She felt like everyone needed a break. The cleaner needs a break from the chores, her grandparents needed a break in taking care of her, and Jessica felt like she needed to be alone, wanting to have a short break from her life with her grandparents even just for a few days. She went to the bathroom for a half bath, refreshing herself before retiring to bed. After brushing her teeth and wearing her pajamas, instead of going straight to her bed, she sat on the floor. 

Jessica was sitting in front of the cabinet that is placed below her bookshelf. She sighed before opening it and taking Grumpy Bear out of the cabinet and just stared at the plushie that she held in her hands. She opened another one and got a small box, removing its cover after it was placed on the floor. She opened the ziplock and got the passport that was inside, which was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter