Chapter 33

Fix You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

5 years later

 

Jessica exited the car carrying a bouquet of flowers and a scarf before closing the driver's door. It's been three years since she started driving and she was proud that she was able to do it. She could not even believe that she would eventually learn how to drive and would just rely on a chauffeur her whole life, but she finally decided to try something new. As she walked on the grassy land, she felt the mild breeze greeting her. She stopped for a short moment and closed her eyes.It was not too hot, nor was it too cold. 

She has always loved spring since she was a little girl because of its weather and the leaves and flowers start to make her surroundings colorful. However, as she grew older, spring had a deeper meaning. It was the beginning of something beautiful, till her world becomes colorful and lively. She opened her eyes and resumed walking, not taking her eyes away on where she was stepping. She could see the green grass becoming her shoes' outline as she takes another step.

 

It did not take long for her to reach her destination.  Her lips curved into a thin smile as she stopped. "It's been a while, right? Sorry, things just got busier for me, but I hope you forgive me." She placed the bouquet on the grass before placing the scarf on the ground for her to sit on. "I used to go here regularly before." She sat there in silence and only the mild breeze was her companion.

"You never once left my mind because you were a huge part of me." She paused and allowed a sad smile to appear on her face. 

"I know that you know that." She nodded as she started recalling moments they've shared from the past.

"I just want to thank you. You were a huge part of me and I'll never forget the time that we spent together, no matter how short it may be." She hugged her knees as she reminisced and the small smile on her face eventually disappeared. 

She took a deep breath before continuing her heartfelt speech. "Our years together was not long, it's such a shame, right? We could've had more adventures, more memories- but I'm still thankful for the beautiful memories that I'm left with."

"I learned a lot of things from you and I'm grateful for that. How is it possible that someone who hasn't been in your life long enough has impacted you in a lot of ways?" She smiled to herself as she nodded her head. 

"It's crazy, I know," she said as if someone had answered back. "However, I think that you only get to spend time with people for a given amount of time. That's just how life works, I guess."

 

"Thank you for teaching me how to find happiness in the simple things in life, but I also want to apologize for forgetting about it. You've been watching from up there," she pointed to the sky without taking her eyes away from the gravestone. 

"I know that you saw how miserable I became." She sighed and bit her tongue to stop the tears that were threatening to form. "It was a difficult time after you left," Jessica said in a voice that almost became a whisper. 

"The beautiful moments soon turned into memories that would make me c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter