Chapter 7

Fix You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's already Tuesday and her grandfather's still busy. "Sooyeon, harabeoji's going to apologize now. I won't be able to eat lunch with you again tomorrow." That was what her grandfather had told her the night before at the dinner table. Also, her grandmother won't be back until Thursday. Jessica told her grandfather that it's okay and he doesn't need to be worried of her.

She left the house earlier than usual together with her grandfather. "It would be more practical and I have to finish working on something too," she explained to the old man. Yesterday, she wasn't allowed to go with him, but today he no longer argued and let her leave early as well.

There were only a few people in the company that morning. The guards were there, the people at at the front desk just arrived the same time they did, her grandfather was there, and of course, there was her. The building was almost empty since the office won't open until half past 8:00 in the morning, which is an hour and thirty from now. She arrived earlier in her workplace and this was her first time to do so. There was no one else on that floor aside from her.


Waking up earlier than usual for today made her lazy and tired to start with anything, but instead of sitting around and doing nothing, she immediately switched her computer on and opened the file that she has been working on. The deadline's not until Friday, but she can probably submit this tomorrow. Thursday morning would be the latest. Jessica yawned for a couple of times because she's still a bit sleepy. When she felt the cold wind outside after stepping out of the car, it only made her want to crawl back into the warmth of her bed.

"I'm just gonna rest my eyes for a bit," she whispered to herself. She checked the time and she has been working for half an hour already. "Just a five minute power nap." She's nearly done with her report, so five minutes will not hurt. Besides, it's still due on Friday.


Donghae would always come to work 10 minutes before the hour of eight. He walked inside his office and as soon as he arrived, he opened the drawer and looked for a file. "There you are." He needed this for the report that he's been working on. He switched his computer on and continued where he left off. Reading and typing, reading and typing, he got started on his usual task.

"I don't get this." He was confused on something and he tried to figure it out on his own. He tried to re-read it and thought that probably he had some sort of mistake. After going over and over it for a few more minutes, he decided to ask for help. Picking up the telephone, he started pressing the buttons and dialed a number.


The five hour nap eventually turned to an hour and Jessica was awakened with the sound of her telephone ringing. She rubbed her eyes a bit, making sure that there were no crusts and to make her vision better. When she was about to pick it up, it stopped ringing. She waited for a few more seconds, staring at it, but it no longer rang. "Annoying." She went back to taking a nap because she felt like she needed a few more minutes.


In the other room, Donghae thought that she might be busy so she wasn't able to answer the call. Either she's busy that she turned the ringer off, or she's not in her office. To stop himself from guessing and making any more theories, he got up from his seat and soon found himself knocking on Jessica's office door.

"Jessica-ssi?"

There was no response, so he knocked once more. Still, she didn't ask for him to come in. With that, he opened the door gently and saw her head resting on her arms that was on the table. He felt a bit bad, but he saw that her computer was switched on and let himself in.

Gently tapping on her arm, she slowly started to wake up. Again. "I called you earlier, but I didn't know you were asleep. Sorry about that."

"Oh, that was you? Sorry I wasn't able to answer it. Any problem about work?"

There, he told her about her dilemma, then she stood up, walking behind him to his office to see what was wrong. And again for Donghae, Jessica saves the day.

"Thanks for your help, Jessica-ssi." He smiled at her just before she went back to her own office. "Sorry to bother you again."

She smiled weakly to reassure him that it was fine. "It's alright. No big deal. Just tell me when you need help with something. See you around."

"Wait-"

Jessica was on her way out, but she turned around.

"Are you going to eat lunch with anyone?"

She was hesitant to answer for a while, but she shook her head.

"Is it alright if I eat with you?"

She thought for a short while before she could speak. "Uh, okay." With her weak smile, she nodded her head. "Same time like last Friday?"

Donghae nodded his head. "See you later."

She went back to her office to resume her work, while he resumed his as soon as she closed  the door.


Donghae asked Jessica what she wanted for lunch, but she said sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter