Chapter 2

Fix You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With the sound of her alarm clock, Jessica woke up and quickly turned it off, wanting the annoying sound to stop. She stretched for bit before going to the bathroom to get ready for the day. After showering and brushing her teeth, she picked a blue silk blouse from her closet and paired it with a white skirt, tucking the blouse in. She curled her hair loosely at the end, then got her stuff ready. After taking one last look at her reflection, she made her way downstairs to join her grandparents for breakfast.

"Am I late?" She was surprised when she only saw her grandmother at the breakfast table.

"No, dear. Your grandfather left early because he said he's been working on stuff and he wanted to finish it today, so he went earlier than you. The driver will come fetch you in," the older woman checked the time on the clock to make sure it will be accurate. "An hour. You're actually early!"

"Halmeoni, I'm late for work, not early."

"You'll be interviewing new applicants today, sweetie. Your grandfather said that you can come to work later so you won't be too stressed."

Jessica's working in her grandfather's company as  human resource manager. Her position's not that high even if her grandfather owned the company and could actually be the vice president right away, but she asked him to give her no special treatment, wanting to start from the bottom just like a regular employee, but with her business degree, that wasn't going to happen. Being a human resource manager would be the lowest rank that she would be holding.

She sighed at the thought of her grandfather giving her special treatment. Again. They say it's a grandparent's job to spoil their grandkids, and he sure was doing a great job at it.

"You think most of the applicants will be accepted?"

She shrugged with her grandmother's question as she ate her breakfast.

"Make sure you stuff yourself. I don't want you getting yourself hungry."

Following her grandmother's orders, Jessica finished her food and made sure that there was no leftover food on her plate. "I'm done, halmeoni. I'll just go use the bathroom." She brushed her teeth, then waited for the driver in the living room with her grandmother.

"I think you being the human resource manager is a good thing."

She removed her attention from her book to look at her grandmother.

"You interview applicants and screen them if they're suitable for the company. You're frank, so that makes it a good thing."

She nodded her head, then both her and the older woman stood up when they heard the doorbell rang. It was the driver and he just arrived to fetch her and bring to her workplace. "See you later, halmeoni." Jessica placed a kiss on her grandmother's cheek.

"Don't stress yourself so you won't get wrinkles soon." She walked with her outside and waved at her just before the car started moving, taking her granddaughter to the office. "Jessica being the resource manager is perfect. They're all going to be intimidated by her face." She went back inside and closed the gate to wash the dishes.


She was checking the files and started arranging it in alphabetical order when a knock was heard on her office door. Jessica's job is to interview the applicants, so she will have to talk a lot. That is the only time that she gets to talk so much; in the office when she's doing her job. It helps her forget her sad reality. 

"Ready for the new applicants?" It was her grandfather who walked into her office with a smile. He was informed that the applicants have arrived for the interview, so they could get started. After receiving the call, his assistant informed Jessica over the phone and he just wanted to check on her.

With half a smile that formed on her lips, she nodded. "I thought you were busy, harabeoji."

"I just finished it two hours ago. I thought I needed a break, then I received a call about the applicants, so I decided to go here." He smiled at her and took a seat at the chair in front of her office de

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter