Chapter 24

Fix You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"CEO Jung?"

Donghae stood up when he saw the old man inside his office and he felt himself froze right at that moment. He felt that his toes were glued to the floor and refused to move upon seeing the big cheese in the company. "Please gave a seat, sir." He made a gesture for the old man to sit and he was surprised that he was able to lift his arm.

Grandpa Jung smiled as he walked towards the chair in front of Donghae's desk and looked at him before sitting down. "Thank you, Mr. Lee. Please," the old man gestured for him to sit back down and he felt that the younger lad was nervous because he seemed like he was shaking when he bowed before sitting down.

Donghae started questioning himself mentally. "Is this because of last Saturday when he saw me with Jessica? , Donghae! You're screwed! YOU'RE SCREWED! HE'S GONNA FIRE YOU!" He felt his forehead slowly becoming cold, scared that sweat beads will form soon.

"You seem tensed, Mr. Lee. You must be wondering why I'm here." The old man formed a thin smile before fixing his eyeglasses. "Don't worry, you're not in trouble. I just wanted to have a little chat with you because I noticed that you and Ms. Jung seem very close."

"Crap, here it is," he said to himself mentally. "Uh, y-yes, sir. I guess I can say that we- we've established a good friendship because of work." He formed a thin smile to try to hide the nervous feeling.

"A very good friendship, I suppose because your relationship outside of work is also great. I guess I can say that last Saturday was not the first time that you two went somewhere together."

"Crap, crap, crap," he thought. There was no point in lying because it was obvious when the old man saw them when he drove her home. "Y-yes, sir."

Grandpa Jung only nodded his head. "I don't mean to be nosy, but can you share all of the things that you two have done together, if that's okay with you."

"It's alright, sir." He told the old man everything. From the first time that they ate lunch until the two of them have eaten lunch regularly whenever her lunchmates wouldn't be available to go with her. He also told him about their walks to the park and when she invited him to watch a movie in her house and said that it was also his first time to see her laugh. He told him about how she had fun in the amusement park and when they went cycling together. He told him everything, except for the part that she got drunk and got hospitalized. He was actually contemplating if he would tell him about it, but decided not to.

Grandpa Jung observed the way the he spoke and he would see happiness in his eyes as he spoke of their time together and it made him feel happy. "Son, can I ask you something?"

After the happy stories that he shared to the old man, he felt his throat dry up with his question. "S-sure, sir." He even had a hard time to get the words out of his mouth.

"And you need to promise me that you'll only answer me truthfully." He looked into his eyes and saw anxiety.

Donghae was praying silently. "Y-y-yes, sir. I promise." He was asking for God's mercy and he started calling all the angels and saints that he could possibly think of. He was scared that the company's president will soon kick him out or threaten him.

"Son," the old man with a serious expr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter